Hall7

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

In the Old testament, why did God need to use people to kill the ungodly, couldn't He had done it Himself? And I don't have anything against that, I'm just trying to understand why. Thank you...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I have no idea of why that would be Biblical....  I could speculate, but it's way too early in the morning for that.....   time for coffee.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I would think it us for the same reason that God does not step in an personally solve our problems, small or great.

Guest Jesse

Hi Hall7.

God was creating a special nation for Himself.

The whole process must be recorded for the generations to come.

The reason God let all the gentiles surrounding israel to be killed;

is because God does not want them to be  contaminated with gentile belives and traditions.

Israel was a peculiar nation created by God,in egypt; but have gone with the traditions of the world.

They have become worldly. But God has not forgotten his people.

He will come back again to them after God has finished with the christians.

In the days of Moses; they can not marry gentiles.

They must stay as God's peole.

Let me rephrase the question...If God can and has destroyed cities without the help of man, why did He order man to kill if He could've done it Himself.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

Let me rephrase the question...If God can and has destroyed cities without the help of man, why did He order man to kill if He could've done it Himself.

There are so many differing situations and examples in scripture, but each one involves or shows us something we need to learn from God and about God.

For example:

When God sent Israel to fight, one somewhat common theme was that Israel was greatly outnumbered by the enemy, or God restricted who could fight on Israel's side, so as to make Israel greatly outnumbered. Despite the fact Israel should have surely lost, with God on Israels side, Israel defeated the enemy. God being all powerful, sovereign, etc. said that He chose Israel, not for their might, smarts, numbers, etc. but Israel is a weak stubborn people and God will show Who He is thru a people who are small in number, and weak.

God does not need us to fight His fights. But, God shows us Who He is, by asking us to join in His work, with Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/20/1987

Maybe the same reason that God told Abraham to offer his only son Isaac as a burnt offering. Through faith Abraham responded and obeyed, even though God already knew the outcome. God can see everything, while we can only see what is past and what is now. He transforms us and molds us over time while he "uses" us to show His glory!

Heb 11:6  And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

In the Old testament, why did God need to use people to kill the ungodly, couldn't He had done it Himself? And I don't have anything against that, I'm just trying to understand why. Thank you...

:thumbsup:

Even Today

And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee. Deuteronomy 30:7

We Can See God's Righteous

But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.

In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates: The Kenites, and the Kenizzites, and the Kadmonites, And the Hittites, and the Perizzites, and the Rephaims, And the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Girgashites, and the Jebusites. Genesis 15:16-21

Judgement

But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD. Jeremiah 29:24

Through His

When thou goest out to battle against thine enemies, and seest horses, and chariots, and a people more than thou, be not afraid of them: for the LORD thy God is with thee, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt.

And it shall be, when ye are come nigh unto the battle, that the priest shall approach and speak unto the people,

And shall say unto them, Hear, O Israel, ye approach this day unto battle against your enemies: let not your hearts faint, fear not, and do not tremble, neither be ye terrified because of them;

For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you. Deuteronomy 20:1-4

Israel

But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth:

But thou shalt utterly destroy them; namely, the Hittites, and the Amorites, the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites; as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee:

That they teach you not to do after all their abominations, which they have done unto their gods; so should ye sin against the LORD your God. Deuteronomy 20:16-18

And Beloved, Do You Not Think The World And Many "Christians" Are In A Rage Against Israel?

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying,

Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. Psalms 2:1-6

And Against Her God?

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. Psalms 2:7

~

Don't Mess With Jesus

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:39-43

You

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. Revelation 19:11-21

See

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.

For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. Romans 11:25-29

Maranatha~!

He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus. Revelation 22:20

So should we want ungodly nations dead or should we love and forgive everyone but at the same time stay away from evil?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I don't see how we could really want ungodly nations dead.......   on the other hand I don't want them hurting my grand kids either...