Hall7

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  153
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

God wants us to be obedient while at the same time leave judgement of the flesh/man to Christ.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I can only speculate on this, but he wants us to do things sometimes.

Remember our relationship with God is not meant to be master-slave, nor is it puppetmaster-puppet. It's not equal either, it's meant to be father-child. God is our father, we are his children. Like any good parent he wants us to grow. He will discipline us when we are wrong but he often asks us to do things for him. He sent the Jews into battle as a test of their loyalty. He wanted to build their character too. He wants to have a relationship with people and like a good father he doesn't do everything for us, he wants us to try for ourselves but he will always have our backs.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I can only speculate on this, but he wants us to do things sometimes.Remember our relationship with God is not meant to be master-slave, nor is it puppetmaster-puppet. It's not equal either, it's meant to be father-child. God is our father, we are his children. Like any good parent he wants us to grow. He will discipline us when we are wrong but he often asks us to do things for him. He sent the Jews into battle as a test of their loyalty. He wanted to build their character too. He wants to have a relationship with people and like a good father he doesn't do everything for us, he wants us to try for ourselves but he will always have our backs.

A test of loyalty that turned out violent with blood shed between men. Something doesn't sound right about this. I sometimes wonder if they interpreted our God incorrectly, or maybe I'm not able to see the whole for the greater good... Jesus always sounded more gentle to me than His father, they sound so very different but yet are the same...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/19/1971

Let me rephrase the question...If God can and has destroyed cities without the help of man, why did He order man to kill if He could've done it Himself.

:noidea:

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

I can only speculate on this, but he wants us to do things sometimes.Remember our relationship with God is not meant to be master-slave, nor is it puppetmaster-puppet. It's not equal either, it's meant to be father-child. God is our father, we are his children. Like any good parent he wants us to grow. He will discipline us when we are wrong but he often asks us to do things for him. He sent the Jews into battle as a test of their loyalty. He wanted to build their character too. He wants to have a relationship with people and like a good father he doesn't do everything for us, he wants us to try for ourselves but he will always have our backs.

A test of loyalty that turned out violent with blood shed between men. Something doesn't sound right about this. I sometimes wonder if they interpreted our God incorrectly, or maybe I'm not able to see the whole for the greater good... Jesus always sounded more gentle to me than His father, they sound so very different but yet are the same...

They interpreted him correctly. The Bible is very clear about what he asked them to do.

The way we see God in our minds is important because it reflects the kind of Christian we are on the outside. I think that's why there are so many dominations, because we all pictures Him in a different way. Passive, aggressive, neutral etc...

Thanks for taking the time to post answers everyone, I'd like to mark a best answer but haven't seen one that answers my question yet, although some answers do answer it partially.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

I think it was done in order to teach them reliance on God and to be seperated from the ways of the heathens nations that were into idolatry that did not know the one and true living God of Israel. Sure God could have killed those in idolatry along with their children himself and there are examples in the Bible where he did kill his enemies himself. God opened up the earth on one occasion and those in idolatry were swallowed up.

But sometimes God did things for the sole purpose of showing the other nations that his people Israel were different than the other nations of the earth. In that they had their God among them and not only among them but He fought for them and His people obeyed him (Deut 4). God just has different ways in which he shows his power and for His different and direct purpose in the ways he does choose to show his power in the earth or to certain individuals.

Although I wished the question would've been answered more in depth, such as not only the history behind the question but also the spiritual aspect of it, for example: How should a Christian's state of mind and spirit be towards ungodly nations?

Openly Curious has explained the answer the best (in my eyes).

Thanks again everyone and God bless you...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Hall

Well,you say you are satisfied with Openly Curious ' answer but I did want to add that God did not always use people to kill the unGodly ,He used the elements & by His Might & Power He showed many that He doesn't need anyone to do what He wants to do,,the Red Sea swallowed up the Egyptians ,Sodom & Gemorrah were destroyed by fire & brimstone,The Death Angel killed all the first born in Egypt ,the Flood,plagues,wild beasts ....it seems to me that God used whatever He used in different circumstances to destroy the unGodly.......as He did speak to the nations through His people,the Jews" He also stood by them & the unGodly suffered at their hand ........He even turned the unGodly against themselves when He saw fit!So I am not sure why you said that God needed people & asked w4hy He did not do it Himself because time after time He did do it Himself?

As you did re-phrase the question you wondered why He would order man to do so.......I believe as I said,He made Himself known ,or spoke through His people & therefore when the unGodly rejected what Gods people were telling them ,,,,God stood by them and showed the unGodly people that He was their God that they spoke of & that He was with them ,the One True living God.....

WE should not want anyone dead,not any unGodly nations or any people or persons just as God does not either

John 3:16New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

We should desire exactly what God desires ,that they come to Jesus for forgiveness & receive the grace of God,as we did.......we too,were unGodly before we were reconciled back to our Father

That is what a Christians state of mind & spirit is supposed to be,not of his own but having the Heart & Mind of Christ Jesus........Gods Word tells us what we are supposed to do & that is to walk in spirit & in Truth....to go out into all the world and spread the Gospel to all creatures.Vengeance belongs to God,we must not have a vengeful spirit,it is not our place to judge & certainly not to hate ....we must pray for all the unGodly ,pray for our enemy

With love-in Christ,Kwik