• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  48
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/27/1994

Hello everyone :-)

I need some godly advice and comfort I guess. I argue so much with my earthly family of unbelievers and it just gets me so upset all the time that i wish i could just completely go far away from them and focus on God and my brothers and sisters in Christ but it is so complicated especially in a family like mine that everybody is so close and so many live together, etc. but we just all have so many different beliefs and nobody wants to take God seriously:-(

My sister is an atheist (i Don't even argue with her anymore bc it is pointless so I have put her in God's hands)

My mother is lukewarm( she believes but doesn't really believe, she doesn't want to do the will of God, she doesn't want to go to church, she doesn't want to read the bible, and hates when i talk about God but then she says she loves God but shes serving the devil)

My father just came out of prison, he never believed in God before and God changed him in prison but i guess he's kind of forgetting about it now so he's starting to not go to church anymore, questions the bible a lot and says its always contradicting itself and is still living a life full of sin.

Almost everybody else is an idolater and say they believe in the bible but when you show them what it says they say "they don't see it like that".

The craziest argument i had was just the other day when my aunt told me that i wasn't being a good person because I was loving God before my mother and father. She "believes" in the bible and God but then says that we have to love our parents before all because they where who gave us life??????? That's so crazy I couldn't even believe it.

& then they're always making fun of my husband and I because we give God tithe and offering, and bc they say all we care about is Jesus. What can I do? Would it be bad if I stop going over my family's because every time i go we're really good at first but then we start arguing but if i don't go then they'll say that I'm a bad christian that doesn't love her family?

The only thing that has given me some comfort is (Mathew 10:34-37), i would greatly appreciate it if you guys helped me thank you, in Christ's love,

Leidy.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  76
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Kind of seems like my family. Not long ago I read you shouldn't be around those who aren't in the faith as you. I think because of the influence they play on your faith. Temptation and just leading your astray.

Maybe you shouldn't be around them?

Personally I find it hard to love God over my mother because she's my mother and I love her and I knew her when she was good. I don't feel like God has ever been there for me, but in a way I feel he has been there for me more than she has. It's hard to love someone more that I haven't met, had a convo with or felt

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  9

Matthew 10:36-37 KJV

[36] And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Your Aunt must have never read this:

[37] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Kind of seems like my family. Not long ago I read you shouldn't be around those who aren't in the faith as you. I think because of the influence they play on your faith. Temptation and just leading your astray.

Maybe you shouldn't be around them?

Personally I find it hard to love God over my mother because she's my mother and I love her and I knew her when she was good. I don't feel like God has ever been there for me, but in a way I feel he has been there for me more than she has. It's hard to love someone more that I haven't met, had a convo with or felt

Yeah, bad company corrupts good behavior the bible says. & i know, I understand but it is because like you said you've never had a convo or felt God, you've never had a personal relationship with Him but i know if you pray about it in Jesus' name you'll start developing that relationship, also reading the Bible because that's God talking to you so it's so important :-) i felt in love with God the moment I gave it all to Him and let Him do His will in me & now my family i guess gets a little jealous, and they always try to belittle God which is why I can't stand being around that... It's like if somebody was always talking bad about your mom in this case since I see that you love her a lot. Thank you so much for your reply, God Bless.

Matthew 10:36-37 KJV

[36] And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Your Aunt must have never read this:

[37] He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Yeah, I read it to her after and she said she doesn't think that God is like that... So I told her then you don't believe that the Bible is the Word of God and she started contradicting herself saying that she did.

But thank you for replying. God Bless

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  10/06/1990

Romans 1:28

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"

Pray for them day and night.  But as for you, live your life for your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Your family in Christ is praying for you. 

Romans 1:28

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;"

Pray for them day and night. But as for you, live your life for your Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Your family in Christ is praying for you.

Thank you so much, knowing that my family in Christ is praying gives me comfort ❤️ With much love, Leidy.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,458
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  5
  • Birthday:  01/31/1950

Luke 12:

51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
53 The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

and another set of verses.
I too have a problem with my family not all believing or not believing the same message the Bible give us.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Hello everyone :-)

I need some godly advice and comfort I guess. I argue so much with my earthly family of unbelievers and it just gets me so upset all the time that i wish i could just completely go far away from them and focus on God and my brothers and sisters in Christ but it is so complicated especially in a family like mine that everybody is so close and so many live together, etc. but we just all have so many different beliefs and nobody wants to take God seriously:-(

My sister is an atheist (i Don't even argue with her anymore bc it is pointless so I have put her in God's hands)

My mother is lukewarm( she believes but doesn't really believe, she doesn't want to do the will of God, she doesn't want to go to church, she doesn't want to read the bible, and hates when i talk about God but then she says she loves God but shes serving the devil)

My father just came out of prison, he never believed in God before and God changed him in prison but i guess he's kind of forgetting about it now so he's starting to not go to church anymore, questions the bible a lot and says its always contradicting itself and is still living a life full of sin.

Almost everybody else is an idolater and say they believe in the bible but when you show them what it says they say "they don't see it like that".

The craziest argument i had was just the other day when my aunt told me that i wasn't being a good person because I was loving God before my mother and father. She "believes" in the bible and God but then says that we have to love our parents before all because they where who gave us life??????? That's so crazy I couldn't even believe it.

& then they're always making fun of my husband and I because we give God tithe and offering, and bc they say all we care about is Jesus. What can I do? Would it be bad if I stop going over my family's because every time i go we're really good at first but then we start arguing but if i don't go then they'll say that I'm a bad christian that doesn't love her family?

The only thing that has given me some comfort is (Mathew 10:34-37), i would greatly appreciate it if you guys helped me thank you, in Christ's love,

Leidy.

Don't argue with them......    if religion comes up in your conversations speak your peace and let it go.....   let them have the last say in and just change the subject......    thier salvation is between them and God, not you.    They have been offered the Gospel and have dealt with it in their own way.  Love them and pray for them but don't badger them for in the long run it is only going to hurt you.