• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  12/21/1952

The word, "keep" means to "guard, protect, to watch over". The word, "tend" means " to work, labor" Adams job (work) was to guard, protect, and watch over the garden.

Adam was the first person in history to be called a "watchmen" A watchman watches out for danger, and warns those who are innocent from pending danger.

Ezekiel was also called by God to be a "watchman" over the nation Israel.

Eze 33:7  "So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. 

Adam had already heard the warning from God's mouth, not to eat from the tree. Adam did not warn Eve which caused her downfall.

I do not think that God would put a human over the security of the garden to fend of angels with more power than the human.

Adam had from God dominion over all the earth and over all the works of his hands, which included angels.

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 

Psa 8:4  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 
Psa 8:5  For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 
Psa 8:6  Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 
Edited by CurtisCWilson

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

The word, "keep" means to "guard, protect, to watch over". The word, "tend" means " to work, labor" Adams job (work) was to guard, protect, and watch over the garden.

Adam was the first person in history to be called a "watchmen" A watchman watches out for danger, and warns those who are innocent from pending danger.

Eze 33:7  "So you, son of man, I have made a watchman for the house of Israel. Whenever you hear a word from my mouth, you shall give them warning from me. 

Adam had already heard the warning from God's mouth, not to eat from the tree. Adam did not warn Eve which caused her downfall.

I do not think that God would put a human over the security of the garden to fend of angels with more power than the human.

Adam had from God dominion over all the earth and over all the works of his hands, which included angels.

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 

Psa 8:4  What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? 
Psa 8:5  For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour. 
Psa 8:6  Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: 

That might be a bit of a stretch.

Your quoted scripture below, is actually in contention with your own comment, "which included angels."

We are talking about the earth here, not heaven.

a little lower than the angels

Your quoted scripture below, is actually in contention with your own comment, "which included angels."

Was Satan on earth at the same time as Adam? If he was then Adam had dominion over him. Adam did not have more power over angels, he had "authority" which had the power of God behind it.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,236
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Birthday:  12/18/1970

In case anyone is wondering - I deleted posts by Mikeyb - and responses to him - returning banned member -

.Can eternal life be lived out in a physical body? What about the scripture that says. "Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God" Something has to give, something has to change.

I quoted this, but some of what I write here is in response to other posts as well.

Something does give, something does change! 1 Cor 15 says the we believers, will be changed. Our bodies go from mortal to immortal, and that death is abolished.

"So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body."

John 3 tells us:

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

In Phillipians 3 we are informed:

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself."

So, we know that one day, believers will get new bodies, spiritual ones, ones like Jesus has, Having Spiritual bodies, does not mean we float around like vapors, they word in the physical world. The old word is passing away, but the is a New Earth coming. Jesus ate fish in His new body, I see no reason to suppose that we won't also be able to do physical things. Jesus offered His body (to Thomas) to be handled, was that an empty offer?

Eternal life. In my opinion, we err in assuming that eternal life or eternity, is a really really long (endless existence) time. God dwelt in eternity, totally apart from His creation. One of the things that God created, was time. It is changes that happen to physical things in physical space (the created universe) that mark time. Eternity is not a lot of time, it is not about time, is it existence apart from time, timeless. Time can be thought of in linear terms, that is how we experience it. We have a beginning, we have time past, we have a present, and we assume we have a future. We even conceive of time past, that existed before we did.

We can almost picture it like a road. We get on the road, and head down it in one direction, but we know the road also exists behind us, farther that we can see. That part is the past, what we can see is the present, and up ahead, past the horizon it the unseen future.

God is not one that road, but He can invade it at will, and in the incarnation, even drive upon it. However, His abode is in eternity, not on the road. From His eternal perspective, He can see the rode below, seeing what is our past, our present, and our future at once, because He is not a prisoner to time, as we are.

Perhaps, our new bodies will have that same capability of transcending time, we will have to wait to see, to know for certain, but . . . 

but just as it is written,

“THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD,

AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN,

ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM.”

• Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Was Satan on earth at the same time as Adam? If he was then Adam had dominion over him. Adam did not have more power over angels, he had "authority" which had the power of God behind it.

But that's not what you are saying. You said..

But that's not what you are saying. You said..

What part are you not understanding here. If one is given "dominion" over all the earth, and over all the works of Gods hands, which part is not under his feet?

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

My 'guess' would be that since angels are not human, but are rather 'ministering spirits' that Adam did not have dominion over them

Well, that and the fact that they serve God

Was Satan on earth at the same time as Adam? If he was then Adam had dominion over him. Adam did not have more power over angels, he had "authority" which had the power of God behind it.

uh...no....the devil was not created as part of that plan....the Bible does not say what it seems you may believe

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth."  Gen 1:26

How does this verse give anyone dominion or authority over angels or over the devil?

Christ has authority over the devil and we have authority in HIS name only.

Angels are not of an earthly realm.  If for some reason I was transported to the heavens in the body I now have, I would not be a spiritual being

I would still be flesh and blood even though I was standing in a realm other than the earth

I think we have to be careful not to add what scripture actually states

.Can eternal life be lived out in a physical body? What about the scripture that says. "Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God" Something has to give, something has to change.

I quoted this, but some of what I write here is in response to other posts as well.

Something does give, something does change! 1 Cor 15 says the we believers, will be changed. Our bodies go from mortal to immortal, and that death is abolished.

"So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body."

John 3 tells us:

Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.

In Phillipians 3 we are informed:

"For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself."

So, we know that one day, believers will get new bodies, spiritual ones, ones like Jesus has, Having Spiritual bodies, does not mean we float around like vapors, they word in the physical world. The old word is passing away, but the is a New Earth coming. Jesus ate fish in His new body, I see no reason to suppose that we won't also be able to do physical things. Jesus offered His body (to Thomas) to be handled, was that an empty offer?

Eternal life. In my opinion, we err in assuming that eternal life or eternity, is a really really long (endless existence) time. God dwelt in eternity, totally apart from His creation. One of the things that God created, was time. It is changes that happen to physical things in physical space (the created universe) that mark time. Eternity is not a lot of time, it is not about time, is it existence apart from time, timeless. Time can be thought of in linear terms, that is how we experience it. We have a beginning, we have time past, we have a present, and we assume we have a future. We even conceive of time past, that existed before we did.

We can almost picture it like a road. We get on the road, and head down it in one direction, but we know the road also exists behind us, farther that we can see. That part is the past, what we can see is the present, and up ahead, past the horizon it the unseen future.

God is not one that road, but He can invade it at will, and in the incarnation, even drive upon it. However, His abode is in eternity, not on the road. From His eternal perspective, He can see the rode below, seeing what is our past, our present, and our future at once, because He is not a prisoner to time, as we are.

Perhaps, our new bodies will have that same capability of transcending time, we will have to wait to see, to know for certain, but . . . 

but just as it is written,

“THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD,

AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN,

ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM.”

Bother, when will "eternal" life be given to you? Did not John write to the Church in which he said....

1Jn 5:13  These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 

If the scriptures tell us that we have been raised with Christ and we are right now sitting in Heavenly places in Christ on the right hand of God. Should we believe this?

Eph 2:5  Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 
Eph 2:6  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus

Should we really believe that we are "citizens" of this Heavenly Kingdom city?

Php 3:20  But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 
Php 3:21  who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself. 

What exactly are we waiting for? We are waiting to know the redemption of our bodies. Receiving a new spiritual body is our hope.

Rom 8:22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 
Rom 8:23  And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

The scripture you quoted is one of the most used scriptures in the Bible. Yet rarely is the next verse quoted with it.

1Co 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. 
1Co 2:10  But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 

We can not say we don't know what the Lord has planned for us has he has already revealed them unto us by his Spirit. If we know this and believe it, it will be showed to us his Church.