• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/12/1987

If I were you I would leave this church. It is a cult and its doctrines are not biblical at all. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Hi  redordead,
                               Hey, welcome to Worthy! :)

Yeah, in agreement with the others, time to get out!!

Praying for you, and your family.

Your points 1-11 you brought up are indeed cultic and heretical.

Quote redordead: "they vigorously preach against sin and almost all of the sermons are pertaining to living a holy life."

Yet they themselves with the information you have presented, are being hypocritical by sinning and not living a holy life by doing and saying things contrary to the Bible....

Quote redordead: "They often use examples where certain believers questioned them and had horrible deaths. Leaving this church equals backsliding."

Ungodly Satanic "fear" tactics in the above.
This thinking is quite standard amongst many in the cultist mindset...

Quote redordead: "(to them leaving this church would be like leaving Christianity itself and they (your parents) would be terribly hurt if I do)"

Pleasing our parents is one thing, we can do that in the context that the Bible speaks of, but not at the cost of displeasing God as represented in His Word.

Quote redordead: "They genuinely care about the believers."

I highly doubt they would come running to the aid of any outside of this cultic thinking church. Unless there were ulterior motives, IE, to bring them in to "this" false church...

Quote redordead: "Just the other day one of the pastors said 2 people never sinned their entire life.. Jesus and Daniel (I was fuming)."

And you had the right to be fuming, as Daniel is not shown anywhere in the Bible to be without sin.
Rom 3:23  For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

However, Jesus Christ is the only thing you presented that they are correct on:
2Co 5:21  For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Quote redordead: "Would I be making a mistake in leaving this church?"

Nope, your 11 points are quite valid Biblically, time to get out.

Pray for them and move on. Keep loving God first, and reading and believing in Him as represented in His Word!

:cowboy:

Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. 1 Timothy 4:1-3

Round Them Up

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:8-10

And Head Them Out

To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Romans 3:26-28

• Content Count:  10

Thank you, B3L13v3R. I'm moving out of that church this week. 

FresnoJoe, The scriptures you posted flies in the face of everything that is taught in that church. Thank you for reminding me. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  191
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  02/15/1971

Leaving this church is good for you, and it can be good for the church, too. God has opened your eyes and you are no longer blind. If God wills it, once you have grown in His truth, you can return to the people there and be a part of God opening their eyes, too.  Others may be watching you and will follow your example, too, thus lessening the hold these doctrines have on those who remain. Leaving is a very loving thing to do, just not an obvious loving thing to do.

• Content Count:  10

Butero, I attended the AG church that I had visited a while back. It was great. Loved worshiping God and the sermon was great too. 

stormy612, I have finally left the church. The new church is a breath of fresh air. I was at peace after the Sunday sermon.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  212
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,691
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

I am glad to hear you left and found a different church. Reading through your list that sounds like some scary beliefs and sounds cultish. There is no where in the Bible that says we cant take meds and how people in ministry have to be single. Also when it talks about in the Bible the requirements for taking communion not taking meds is not one of them. There are some serious flaws with that church. This is why it is good that people know their scripture well and dont go blindly trusting everything a person says.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

If you find it difficult to leave a church you believe is in error simply begin speaking the truth when at their gatherings and you will find all the help and encouragement you need to leave. I speak from experience. But be careful what you say as there are definite consequences for anyone you preach the truth to who do not repent. I can give a list of people that have either died or became seriously ill in the wake of my being rejected by my church. It is written, vengeance is mine says the lord I will recompence as well as God will judge his people.

If more of us would preach the truth the lies would God destroy but as it is written having bows they refused to use them and therefore God did not choose them. Following and trusting in God through Christ is an amazing journey.

Love and peace to those in Christ!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

As much as you have said about this church I would run not walk away from this cult and I do mean cult.  Nothing you have said about this place can you line up and match it up what it says in the Bible.  These two men seem to me making it up as they go along.  

Get into church that teaches from  the word of God and stands on it.   So in short Yes leave this church and do it   quickly.

Because He Lives!! Rustyangle