• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/09/1941

hi

we know that men have to humble themselves before Christ ,but the scriptures teaches that women have to humble themselves before men ,for that is what the place the Lord and his father has given them ,coming out without respect to this would be unwise ,Deborah the prophetess show her humility by first given the choice to men , if none is found then she could act , and take responsibility and even then Paul says to have her head covered  

just a thought 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/18/1976

My answer is that not only is it wrong for a woman to preach for the reasons you mentioned yourself along with other passages of scripture but that you should immediately begin looking for another church home and probably another denomination altogether.  If you are in a denomination that can't get something so simple and black and white as women not preaching correct I wonder what else they are teaching in error.  Some people get really worked up when you mention this but it isn't me saying women are not to ever preach, it is God in His Word saying it.  In my opinion, the denomination or church that most generally lines up closest to scripture in all accounts are your independent Baptist churches.  Now, I am not saying that applies all of the time, of course there are good and bad in all churches but as a general rule your ind. fundamental Baptist churches line up most closely with the bible and it's teachings in all areas.  I'm sure there will be some who read this and take offense but I don't mean to, if you are from a different denomination I could probably show you from scripture where your denomination is in error.  Some say you must be baptized to be saved which is wrong, some say you can lose your salvation which is also wrong, some say you have to speak in tongues which is horribly wrong and I could go on and on with items like that, all things that man has added to or taken away from scripture.  Now one of the latest issues is that some denominations are allowing homosexuals to preach and if you are a member of a denomination that allows that you need to run and run away fast.  God calls homosexuality an abomination so how could one even consider allowing one to preach God's Word?  Guess that is a long answer to your question but it's my two cents worth and it didn't cost you anything. 

Michael

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Hello everyone :-)So I've had this question for awhile & always asked but I still don't feel comfortable with what other people have told me for some reason. I am a woman so of course I would prefer if the answer was no but I want to know the truth, i don't want to be deceived.The bible says:1 Corinthians 14:34The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says.1 Corinthians 14:35If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.1 Timothy 2:12I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.Among other passages.Is Paul & Timothy only talking to specific people in their time, or to specific churches that where going through trouble or is this for everybody today also? I always feel the urge to speak about God & tell the whole world about Him but now i'm not even sure if I should do that, also at church I love to participate during the bible studies, i'm even the kid's Sunday school teacher, & my pastor is a woman (we have other pastors in the church but she's the main pastor).so can somebody help me? Thank you so much. GOD bless you guys!!!

Two words; Kathryn Kuhlman
Kathryn Kuhlman was a wacko... Her theology was not of the Bible! Love, Steven
If Man or woman, unliked by some and very dear to others, preached the gospel, we should be very careful to speak against them. Kathryn had her flaws and she admitted them but if one is chosen by God and used by Him, we should be careful when we criticize them. The archangel Michael dared not even speak against Satan himself, so we should tread carefully when speaking against one anointed by God - even if we do not think they are. I personally saw and was in Kathryn's services and would say nothing but good about her ministry. Man, woman, we are flawed but if God chooses to use them we should watch what we say about them.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Hello everyone :-)So I've had this question for awhile & always asked but I still don't feel comfortable with what other people have told me for some reason. I am a woman so of course I would prefer if the answer was no but I want to know the truth, i don't want to be deceived.The bible says:1 Corinthians 14:34The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says.1 Corinthians 14:35If there is anything they desire to learn, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.1 Timothy 2:12I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.Among other passages.Is Paul & Timothy only talking to specific people in their time, or to specific churches that where going through trouble or is this for everybody today also? I always feel the urge to speak about God & tell the whole world about Him but now i'm not even sure if I should do that, also at church I love to participate during the bible studies, i'm even the kid's Sunday school teacher, & my pastor is a woman (we have other pastors in the church but she's the main pastor).so can somebody help me? Thank you so much. GOD bless you guys!!!

Two words; Kathryn Kuhlman

If Man or woman, unlinked by some and veer dear to others, preaches the gospel, we should be very careful to speak against them. Kathryn had her flaws and she admitted them but if one is chosen by God and used by Him, we should be careful when we criticize them. The archangel Michael dared not even speak against Satan himself, so we should tread carefully when speaking against one anointed by God - even if we do not think they are. I personally saw and was in Kathryn's services and would say nothing but good about her ministry. Man, woman, we are flawed but if God chooses to use us we should watch what we say about them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,239
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Two words; Kathryn Kuhlman

If Man or woman, unlinked by some and veer dear to others, preaches the gospel, we should be very careful to speak against them. Kathryn had her flaws and she admitted them but if one is chosen by God and used by Him, we should be careful when we criticize them. The archangel Michael dared not even speak against Satan himself, so we should tread carefully when speaking against one anointed by God - even if we do not think they are. I personally saw and was in Kathryn's services and would say nothing but good about her ministry. Man, woman, we are flawed but if God chooses to use us we should watch what we say about them.

Well we are to try the spirits with God's Word and in my effort I found

a woman who glorified The Holy Spirit more than all else... yet in God's

Word The Holy Spirits ministry is

John 16:7-14

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away:

for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart,

I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world

of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 Of sin, because they believe

not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. 12 I have yet many

things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when he, the

Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not

speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he

will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of

mine, and shall shew it unto you.

KJV

John 14:26

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my

name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance,

whatsoever I have said unto you.

KJV

It is clear that if The Holy Spirit is being lifted up and glorified it is not the

ministry of The Holy Spirit... Love, Steven

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

The Bible is clear about women being over men in the church.  I have no problems with women Bible teachers, Sunday School teachers,or even evangelists, but I do not agree with women being pastors in a church or being the head of the church, nor do I think they should they be deaconesses.  All of those positions I believe should be held by men.  I got a lot of flack from people after my husband and I were married, mostly from non believers but several from Christians when I made the statement that Steve was the head of our household.  So in answer to your question, at least in my mind, no women should not be pastors.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Just to add my own thoughts, 

Too many times, the word 'preach' is viewed as something the pastor does, but that is entirely wrong. The word preach is used for the most part in scripture, refers to the proclamation of the gospel. Not for 'teaching' from a pulpit, that a pastor does. So, unless anyone believes that no woman should ever share the gospel with anyone, children, other women or men, women should absolutely preach. Men should absolutely preach, children should absolutely preach. Preaching is to be done by all born again Christians.

Now, for teaching. That is to be done by all Christians who have understood the basic doctrines.  

Hebrews 5:12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.

Women should be teaching children and other women. But, in scripture we have an example of a husband and wife team who teach men. So we have a scriptural example of a women teaching a man.  

Acts 18:26  and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue. But when Priscilla and Aquila heard him, they took him aside and explained to him the way of God more accurately.

In scripture, we seem to have a restriction that women are not to teach. In scripture, it also says women are to teach women, so we either have a contradiction in scripture, or a questionable understanding. Scripture mentions that men teach men, and no where does it say men are to teach women. If God has given authority to women to teach women, teaching can not be usurping the authority of men, unless men are claiming an authority which is not actually theirs but is usurping the authority of God.  

I personally believe that a pastorship is to be done by a husband and wife team, both assuming the pastoral role. The man counseling and teaching men, and the woman counseling and teaching women, and both as a team counseling and teaching couples.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

My answer is that not only is it wrong for a woman to preach for the reasons you mentioned yourself along with other passages of scripture but that you should immediately begin looking for another church home and probably another denomination altogether.  If you are in a denomination that can't get something so simple and black and white as women not preaching correct I wonder what else they are teaching in error.  Some people get really worked up when you mention this but it isn't me saying women are not to ever preach, it is God in His Word saying it.  In my opinion, the denomination or church that most generally lines up closest to scripture in all accounts are your independent Baptist churches.  Now, I am not saying that applies all of the time, of course there are good and bad in all churches but as a general rule your ind. fundamental Baptist churches line up most closely with the bible and it's teachings in all areas.  I'm sure there will be some who read this and take offense but I don't mean to, if you are from a different denomination I could probably show you from scripture where your denomination is in error.  Some say you must be baptized to be saved which is wrong, some say you can lose your salvation which is also wrong, some say you have to speak in tongues which is horribly wrong and I could go on and on with items like that, all things that man has added to or taken away from scripture.  Now one of the latest issues is that some denominations are allowing homosexuals to preach and if you are a member of a denomination that allows that you need to run and run away fast.  God calls homosexuality an abomination so how could one even consider allowing one to preach God's Word?  Guess that is a long answer to your question but it's my two cents worth and it didn't cost you anything. 

Michael

huh.  tell us what you really think then.   worried_20.png

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,239
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Michael

huh.  tell us what you really think then.   worried_20.png

really :happyhappy: really and truly :happyhappy:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  10/14/1950

Ooh, I love this topic!
In those verses, Paul cannot be addressing women who were in the ministry, but rather those in the congregation who were out of order. How do we know this? We have many such proofs, many from Paul himself. Here is a partial list of women who were all in influential positions of leadership in the early church.

Pheobe (Romans 16:1-2): This woman was a deaconess of the church in Cenchrea, who was beloved of Paul and many other Christians for the help she gave to them. She filled an important position of leadership. It would be a difficult stretch of the imagination to say that this woman fulfilled her duties without ever speaking in the church!

Priscilla (Acts 18:26): Priscilla and her husband Aquila are often mentioned with great respect by Paul. Together they were pastors of a church in Ephesus, and were responsible for teaching the full gospel to Apollos. We are informed that they both taught Apollos, and pastored the church together. In fact, Priscilla is sometimes listed ahead of Aquila when their names come up. This has led some to speculate that of the two, she was the primary teacher and her husband oversaw the ministry. At any rate, we see here a woman in a very prominent position of teaching and pastoring. (Other references to Priscilla and Aquila are Acts 18:2, 18; Romans 16:3, and I Corinthians 16:19).

Euodia and Syntyche (Philippians 4:2-3): Here we see reference to two women who were "true yokefellow" and who labored with Paul in the advancement of the gospel.

Junia (Romans 16:7): In this verse we see Paul sending greetings to Andronicus and Junia, his "fellow-prisoners" who are of note among the apostles. Junia is a woman's name. In some modern translations, an "s" has been added (Junias) because the translators were so sure a woman could not be an apostle, that they assumed a copyist has accidentally dropped the "s." However the proper male ending would have been "ius," not "ias." No church commentator earlier than the Middle Ages questioned that Junia was both a woman and an apostle.

Though there were other women throughout the Bible in positions of leadership, such as prophetesses, evangelists, judges, leaders, etc., the above references should be enough to establish that women were indeed a vital and normal part of church leadership. Paul expected women to speak in the church, or else why would he have given the following directive? It would have been useless to give directions for women who were speaking in the church, if they were never allowed to do so.

1 Corinthians 11:5, "But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven."

Furthermore, if Paul believed that all women should never teach or speak in church, why does he commend many women who did just that?

With all this in mind, what then do we make of the troubling verses that command women to be silent in the churches? First of all, we must interpret those verses in light of what we have just established--that there were women in leadership positions of the church. Obviously, Paul is not writing to them. He must be addressing another issue entirely--the women who were loud and unruly during the service, causing disorder and confusion..

When he wrote the Corinthians, he was dealing with a church that was very disorderly in their services. Much of the letter was spent correcting excesses and abuses. Some of these pertained to women in particular and some were to the entire church. Paul is not being prejudiced against women when he instructs the Corinthian women to keep silence. In the early church the seating arrangement was quite different from our modern day churches. Men were seated on one side of the church while the women and children were seated on the opposite side. This is still practiced in many cultures today.

The women of Christ's day were generally uneducated and usually only the men were privileged with an education. Due to this situation, when the church met the women were tempted to shout across the room and ask their husbands the meaning of whatever was being taught. This disturbed the service. Paul was simply saying during the service, "Women, keep your children quiet and you be quiet, and if you have anything to ask your husbands, wait until you get home." Because of the new equality that Christianity brought to women, it could be that some of them were taking their freedom too far, to the point of being obnoxious.

When Paul wrote to Timothy, he gave him a similar directive. Again, it is important to understand the context in which the letter was written. In I Timothy, a careful reader becomes aware that many severe heresies and false teachings that were being dealt with. We can draw a conclusion here that many of the proponents and victims of the false teachings were women. Timothy pastored in Ephesus, and it has been suggested that goddess worship might have played a large part in Paul dealing so severely with the women. Ephesus was a primary center of the worship of Diana or Artemis. The heresies being taught might have suggested that women were authoritative over men and had higher access to spiritual knowledge than men did.

Regardless of the particulars, in both cases we can see that Paul is dealing with specific incidents in specific churches for very particular reasons.

We must understand that many of Paul's epistles dealt with local problems and his commandments are not meant to be taken as "commandments" across the board for all situations. Rather, we are to seek the Lord for the basic principal that needs to be incorporated in our churches. Because of Old Testament precedents that had already been set, apparently it never occurred to Paul to re-establish the case for women in ministry. Why would he need to? The early church took it as a matter of course that Jesus would call and ordain anyone He chose--and that settled it! As a matter of fact, the Bible mentions a prophetess who was in the Temple when Jesus was brought there as a baby. Her name was Anna (Luke 2:25-35), and she was one of two people who recognized Jesus as the Messiah because of her sensitivity to the Holy Spirit.

Paul's writings are sometimes misunderstood today because we do not know all the details that led him to write as he did. We must rely on the Holy Spirit, and the rest of the testimony of Scripture to interpret how we are to apply these things to our everyday lives. Scripture should always be compared with other Scripture and the context taken into consideration. Even in Paul's day, there were those who tried to twist the meaning his words.

"...His (Paul's) letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do other Scriptures, to their own destruction" ( 2 Peter 3:16).

It is a fair conclusion that the testimony of the bulk of Scripture, church history and God's anointing upon them, all speak plainly for women being able to fulfill all positions of the five-fold offices of apostle, prophet, pastor, evangelist and teacher.