IGNORED

We don't know if we're saved until we are judged?

Jacqueline

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  629
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/29/1970

I was talking to my cousin last night and he said the weirdest thing. He said that no one knows if their saved or not until we're judged. He said that he is a christian, but doesn't feel any different then he did before he became a christian. I think thats really odd being that when I accepted Christ as Lord and Savior I felt really different in so many ways. Even the way I saw the world changed. I feel Him with me everyday and thank Him for it.

Now may be some of you believe this, but I don't so if you have scripture to back it up please do so. He said that God do not want the races to mix. That He separated us for a reason. I think that is unbibical. God doesn't have a problem with races that is a human thing. The odd thing here is that he believe that he is Jewish because by accepting Jesus he was adopted into the family. Isn't that contradicting himself. If God has a problem with race mixing why would He adopt you into his family.

Have anyone heard of a church called Philadelphnia Church of Christ. That's where he's getting his information.

What do you think????

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

HMMM????

Jacqueline,

I know I am Saved. :emot-hug::wub: By Faith we are Saved, For we believe God. His Word is True and our Blessed Hope is realized. He is Risen. :wub:

Ro

HMMM????

Jacqueline,

I know I am Saved. :emot-hug:  :wub: By Faith we are Saved, For we believe God. His Word is True and our Blessed Hope is realized. He is Risen. :wub:

Ro

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Have anyone heard of a church called Philadelphnia Church of Christ.  That's where he's getting his information. 

Greetings Jacqueline,

Is the following the church you are speaking of:

http://religiousmovements.lib.virginia.edu/nrms/philcog.html

III. Beliefs of the Group

The beliefs of the Philadelphia Church of God (and other splinter groups from the WCG) can be categorized as "Armstrongism." Armstrongism is defined as those beliefs and doctrines established by Herbert W. Armstrong in his founding and guiding of the Worldwide Church of God. Armstrongites practicing beliefs include rejecting the Trinity and the full diety of Jesus. In addition, Armstrong taught British Israelism and believed that men would become Gods. 46 , 47

The Philadelphia Church of God believes the Bible is "the full word of God, inspired by God." All doctrines upheld by the Church are provable by the texts from the Holy Bible. The Church sees itself as being responsible for teaching the laws of God to anyone interested in learning, but because they believe that only God can make a person a member of the church, they do not attempt to convert new members. 48

The church believes that Jesus Christ is the head of the Church and that sin will separate you from God. You must obey God's law perfectly; there is no middle ground, you either obey God or you don't on a particular issue. Everyone should always be looking for new ways to please God. We should not be disheartened when we fail. We should rejoice in our trials because it is through these trials that we are learning to become and build the character of God within ourselves before the end time. The church is responsible for telling when the second coming will occur.

That's him all right. He speaks just like that. Almost word for word. Another thing about this church you can't go to a service unless your invited. I guess I'll never enter that building. I'll asks him the next time we talk if he missed the part in the bible where Jesus said that no one will know when He will return. If they are suppose to tell us when Jesus is returning isn't that calling Jesus a lier?:emot-hug:

God Bless You

Jacqueline

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

All sound answers here; I have nothing to add......

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

"I was talking to my cousin last night and he said the weirdest thing. He said that no one knows if their saved or not until we're judged. He said that he is a christian, but doesn't feel any different then he did before he became a christian. I think thats really odd being that when I accepted Christ as Lord and Savior I felt really different in so many ways. Even the way I saw the world changed. I feel Him with me everyday and thank Him for it.

Now may be some of you believe this, but I don't so if you have scripture to back it up please do so. He said that God do not want the races to mix. That He separated us for a reason. I think that is unbibical. God doesn't have a problem with races that is a human thing. The odd thing here is that he believe that he is Jewish because by accepting Jesus he was adopted into the family. Isn't that contradicting himself. If God has a problem with race mixing why would He adopt you into his family. "

When I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior and invited him into my life, I repented of my sins, He filled my with His Spirit and I began to speak with another tongue that I never knew or learned. I was over welmed with His love and grace. I cried like a baby! At first it was tears of regreet and repentance, then after I was filled with the Holy Ghost the tears changed to tears of joy.

After this I had so much love in my heart I could not help but wanting to share it with people. I prayed for many other people that night. When ever I saw someone that I knew I could not help but give them a bug hug. Over the years the change and growth in my life has been a great comfort in my life. Seeing different fruits of the Spirit in my life have been a wonderful blessing also. There is much more that the Lord has done in my life but I do not have the time to tell of all the signs, evidence and blessings that the Lord has given and shown me.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I have no idea where your cousin is getting his ideas from but I can tell you he is wrong in everything he says. Dr. Luke has given you a ton of scripture to prove that we are not flying blind here but can be sure of our salvation. He is depending on feelings and feelings will always lie to you. Our salvations is a FACT. We don't need to die to know whether or not we are saved. Here is another scripture. John 20:31 "These things I write that through belief in Christ and cleaving to Him you may know that you have eternal life" Pretty clear cut, don't you think? :thumbsup::taped:

Edited by Rustyangel

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I think the doctrine of not being sure of salvation comes from:

Matt 7:21-23

22 "Many will say to Me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?' 23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.'

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

I have no idea where your cousin is getting his ideas from but I can tell you he is wrong in everything he says.  Dr. Luke has given you a ton of scripture to prove that we are not flying blind here but can be sure of our salvation.  He is depending on feelings and feelings will always lie to you.  Our salvations is a FACT.  We don't need to die to know whether or not we are saved.  Here is another scripture.  John 20:31  "These things I write that through belief in Christ and cleaving to Him you may know that you have eternal life"  Pretty clear cut, don't you think?  :thumbsup:  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"He is depending on feelings and feelings will always lie to you." Rustyangel I think I know what you meant when you said this, but feelings will not always lie to you. I know that we can't trust only our feelings but God gave them to us for a reason. I love to be in the presence of God during a service and feel His overwhelming love, :24: joy, :taped: or forgiveness :P . Does this mean that He is not there when I feel nothing? No way!

I can "feel" like I am not right with the Lord and sometimes this is some is because He is tugging on my heart for something. Another time I may "feel" like I am not right with Him and it could just be I am having a bad day and the enemy is attacking me with guilt or something. You can trust your feeling, but if you are not sure take it to the Jesus and His Word.