• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

Interested in opinions on preparing for end times.  Went to a meeting that perhaps i misunderstood the context, as I thought it was going to be a study of end time prophecies, and or spiritually preparing.  Comment was made, if your not part of the solution, then your part of the problem, and discussion about preparing emergency items, long term food storage.  Many scriptures about preparing, being ready, and actively looking for the return of Jesus.   

Proverbs 6:6  Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:

This proverb has been on my mind these last two months as i put hay and straw away for this coming winter.  Now, there comes the "but".  A well known televangelist was brought up as having possibly the best price on food that can be stored long term.  I happened to see this same person offering this food for sale some 3 years ago, and telling people to prepare, and i could not watch it, i turned it off as i was overwhelmed with a bad feeling about it.  I remember thinking, this is what Jesus wants our spiritual leaders to do? Spend our time and energy trying to save our own hides in the future?  Sounds like the doomsday preppers.  What about now?  What about the people hungry and hurting now?  This may be the age old tell me what problem in the world you see and i can find a more urgent need than that.  I guess i'm trying to reconcile what several people in church, that i respect, seem to be in agreement with, and what i believe God is speaking to me.  Is trusting God for the future, "doing nothing"?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

Ahhh, I used to be a doomsday prep per...and I still keep a well stocked pantry so I don't have to take trips to the grocery store. But my theory is this:

If you are going to store years worth of food it will be taken from you by force when things go bad anyway...and you will likely be killed over it. And if we have the heart of Christ we will give to those in need and it won't last long anyway even if you don't get killed for it. Doomsday can mean many different things. What good is having a basement full of food if it gets destroyed by a flood or other weather related things? Or what if you are forced to leave it all behind anyway?

To prepare for a harsh winter like I do, and to prepare for doomsday are two totally different things. I suggest that you do what God is leading you to, not what man is

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1961

Ecclesiaties tells us to cast our bread upon the waters and it will come back to us. Jesus told us not to worry about what we eat or wear for our Father knows that we need these things. Would it not be better to give to the hungry, children starving to death by the thousands, the homeless on our doorsteps, today than to worry about hoarding away food for ourselves for a tomorrow that may never come for us? 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Fast, pray, study, and become as close to the Lord as you ever could.  He will tell you what you need to do.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,973
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  11/13/1953

What is the point of preparing for that which only God can help us endure? Many folks are buying guns and stock piling food. If you have guns other folks will kill you or die trying to take those guns from you. If you have food, other folks will come and kill you taking that food from you or die trying. If we haven't got God on our side all the guns in the world will not save or help. I will be depending on God for all of my needs and if I am killed, fine. If I live I will be living for God.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Fast, pray, study, and become as close to the Lord as you ever could.  He will tell you what you need to do.

Exactly.  Look at Daniel.  He prayed three times a day every day.  And when the law was passed that they could not pray to or worship anyone but the king, he kept praying three times a day knowing he might end up in the lion's den.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Luke 21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

But that's not all....

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: 8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: 9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Exactly.  Look at Daniel.  He prayed three times a day every day.  And when the law was passed that they could not pray to or worship anyone but the king, he kept praying three times a day knowing he might end up in the lion's den.

And a Amen to those comments!