• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/04/1993

This is a popular question, Does God already have the people going to heaven chosen? If so how is this a just and loving God? What about the people he didn't choose? How is that fair to them? Others say it's based upon our actions and our heart and of course God already knows this because he foresees our future

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  218
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Does God already have the people going to heaven chosen?  First we need to understand Gods personality and his desires.  The apostles believed that he shows no partiality.  Acts 10:34 "Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism"  The context of that is that He was also with the chosen people, the jews and they didn't agree that gentiles should be water baptized.  Likewise they also believed only a select chosen people were going to heaven.  But they were corrected in Acts 10:43-47.  The word also states in 1 Timothy 2:1-6 "I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.  This is good, and pleases God our Savior,  who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.  For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,  who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time."

Now that we understand that we need to understand his sacrifice.  1 John 5:6 shows "This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth."  That people who believed in his water and blood will receive the testimony of the Holy Spirit as Jesus has stated.  Which Jesus described what would happen when you got the Holy Spirit in John 7:38-39 "Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.  By this he meant the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were later to receive. "  To believe in the 'water' is to believe in his water baptism he received from John, taking up the worlds sin.  And to believe in his blood, is to believe he was crucified with all our sin being judged on our behalf in accordance to the law and then resurrecting.  

Jesus was not partial in whose sin he took and blotted out.  Read it yourself.  

1 John 2:2 "He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world."  and John 1:29 "The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!" 

Jesus desires all men to be saved.  He shows no favoritism.  He grants the Holy Spirit freely to those who repent and believe in Him.  "Not for ours only" refers to the church.  "Not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world!"  The world referring to everybody.  

I pray for the expansion of the kingdom and that His gospel may run and flourish in the hearts of all men.  My family, my friends, my love and those who have wronged me.  I too desire all men and women to repent and to believe in this great work he has done for mankind.    

Edited by Wildstar

God's chosen people is a phrase that refers to His beloved, the jews. that's kinda like (to put it in human, earthly terms) a person's biological children vs. a person's foster children.  it doesn't reflect who is or who is not going to heaven. that's a choice WE must each make... including the jews. many jews will not be saved, just as many gentiles (non-jews) will not be saved... and others will.

God is a loving and just God. He gives every human being the opportunity to know Him, love Him, and accept the free gift of salvation. those who reject Him have only themselves to blame.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

"  To believe in the 'water' is to believe in his water baptism he received from John, taking up the worlds sin. 

Wildstar I agree with most of what you stated and you answered the question very well. However, as to the above statement, I do not believe in the water. I believe in the CHRIST, and the Trinity. As we discussed in a pm, I do not believe that Christ took upon Himself the sin of the whole world at His baptism. I believe He did that at the cross. Perhaps I am wrong, but I don't think that the church at large embraces your idea, nor do I find it clearly stated in scripture. The Holy Spirit descended upon him at his baptism, not the sin of the world. Nor do I find that John laid hands on Jesus as a priest would a scapegoat. So nowhere do I find that we must believe in "the water" I simply believe that He was baptized by John in the Jordan to fulfill all righteousness. Matt. 3:13-14

But no scripture is of private interpretation. Both of our interpretations need to be weighed by the body of Christ.

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  237
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1984

All I can say is that God created time and knows when time will end. God in eternity past (before the world was) fordained Christ to be the atonement for our sins. Then he came in time to perform it, then when time ends h will be with his redeemed for all eternity.

the message believers should tell people is that not of predestination, but of simply proclaiming the gospel message which is to turn from trusting in yourself and trust in the good finished work of Christ.

when doing so, to whomever has ears to hear, let him ear. Thats what Jesus said.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

We were all chosen, but given free choice whether to accept the invitation or not. I just had a conversation about this the other day actually, because for many years I was stumped with this as well. It is up to us to accept Him, and the gift of salvation that He has offered to everyone.

http://www.jba.gr/chosen-by-God.htm

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

This is a popular question, Does God already have the people going to heaven chosen? If so how is this a just and loving God? What about the people he didn't choose? How is that fair to them? Others say it's based upon our actions and our heart and of course God already knows this because he foresees our future

You are referring to a phrase that does not mean how you are taking it. He did not chose who will enter heaven, yet, those who do are His chosen.

As already mentioned, we are the ones who accept or reject salvation. It is not Gods fault if anyone rejects His sacrifice for them.