justfaith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

There are women who believe women should not serve as pastors  while  there are men who believe women can serve as preachers

Does the bible support women pastors or not  ?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,260
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

seems like we just had a good long thread about that....

some insight from some folks I don't see around any more.....

I would recommend reading the whole thread.    Some of the wisdom is no longer available here.

I will just give you a short answer.  Bishops, Deacons and Elders must be the husband of one wife, so women are not qualified to serve in those positions.  While many churches have made the Pastor the Bishop of the church, that doesn't have to be the case, so as long as a woman is not the Bishop, she is ok.  The scripture about women being silent in the church is regarding them asking their husbands questions during the service and being disruptive.  So in general, I believe women can be preachers.  The reason why some men and women don't believe in any women preachers is because they are standing on the Bible as they understand it. 

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,257
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Ok, I read the whole link and don't know how I missed that one. Enough said. Women should not teach or have authority over men. Older women should teach younger women and children. We can counsel women from scripture.

There are many ways to serve in the church beside these. We can pray, sing, praise, give, and exercise gifts when under the authority of our own husbands. We can witness, spread the Gospel, pray for the sick, visit the poor, the nursing homes, prisons and orphans. We can do hospice work and sing to the dieing. It is a matter of pouring out Christ's love.

There is one verse, Romans 16:1, 2b I commend to you Phoebe our sister, who is a servent (deacon) of the church at Cenchrea, --for indead she has been a helper of many and indead of myself also. NKJV

Paul calls her a diakonos (used of a woman here only in the NT) quoting Vine's Expository Dictionary. There are many ways that a woman can serve Christ in the church as hard workers whether in the church office, by cleaning toilets or preparing communion. It does not have to be an official title or appointment. We all should use the gifts God has given us to His glory.. Whether Phoebe was an official deaconess or just serving others the way that the women served Jesus and the apostles makes little difference. They were godly women who actively served and were not bumps on a log..

If it was good enough for Jesus to humble Himself to become a human, even to suffer the humilliation of suffering death on a cross, it should be good enough for anyone to be servents. He even washed the disciples' feet as a servent. Coming under authority was modeled by Christ Himself. He did and said nothing but what Father God showed Him. He was under total authority of the Father. He askes us all to come under authority, whether it be to Christ, husbands, civil law, governments ---it is nothing that Jesus Himself didn't do.

I would recommend reading the whole thread.    Some of the wisdom is no longer available here.

so why are there women preachers that people follow do people not them about this 

I would recommend reading the whole thread. Some of the wisdom is no longer available here.

so why are there women preachers that people follow do people not them about this

I'm not sure what you are asking. There seems to be words missing from your post

I would recommend reading the whole thread. Some of the wisdom is no longer available here.

I'm not sure what you are asking. There seems to be words missing from your post

Why dont someone tell Joyce Myers stop preaching as a pastor ?

Who told her to be a pastor ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

Why dont someone tell Joyce Myers stop preaching as a pastor ?

Who told her to be a pastor ?

I would categorize Joyce Myers as a teacher.

I believe Joyce Myers believes she received a call from God to her ministry. So, maybe the one who told her is God. Since so many women face so much opposition when entering a ministry like pastoring or teaching, for most, they believe God called them.   

There are men who get their degree to be a pastor who never find a position as a pastor. There are far more people who think they are called to be a pastor, or want to be a pastor, then there are available positions to be a pastor. If a person believes they are called but do not find a position, were they called by God?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Paul was not shy about naming women as apostles in the new testament and even allows pricilla to correct people in acts.