• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I think one of greastest mistakes in posting we make-> is< not always do we state the opinions of the posterr... but in flow we state

completions of thought. In this sometimes we are found assuming and we know that doesn't always work out well :) Love, Steven

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings to Everyone!!!!!

I do love Fez's reply,,,,shall we go back there for one moment,is that okay?

Only when we have poisoned all our rivers, modified all our food, and killed all our trees, will we come to the realization that we cannot eat money...

posted by Fez

I believe it was Willa that said "we are simply Gods stewards".....ah,yes indeed   We cannot eat money,drink money,wear money or sleep under it to shelter us from the elements but yet it is essential for living in this world,,,but where does it come from?It all belongs to our Heavenly Father,everything that is made is made from Him,He made everything that makes a dollar bill,he makes the gold in which that bill represents ........and then we learn in His Word that "none should lack",,,,,,,,,,,,is it okay to have excess,yep.....but why does one have excess while one is in need?Can it be that the one has excess so that they can give to the one in need? I think that is good & right!!!!!Does one really need $30,000,000. dollars in the bank while an elderly widow cannot feed herself & has nowhere to sleep ?I don't believe that is good & right!

I have sat on both sides of the fence,some good decisions ,some bad decisions & I will tell you,,,,God will allow you to be humbled to your knees if you really think with your flesh & you are so Blessed to be loved & chastised,to be taught the true meaning of wealth & yes,it is a matter of the heart & has nothing to do with money,,,,,,,,,,,,,Praise & Glory to God,I have learned to be content in every situation,,,,His Grace is sufficient & I am overflowing with riches.................                             With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I believe it all goes to how we live for God.  We all probably believe that if God gave us a lot of money, we would be able to do more for Him.  The problem is, is what we want to do for Him what He wants us to be doing?  I am sure we would get right to feeding the poor, helping those in need, support this ministry or that, yet, is that what God wants us to be doing?  What if He wants us to become like the poor so the poor will listen to us?  What if God has a ministry for us to do right where we are, and money would cause us to loose focus?

All in all, I have faith that He knows what is best for me and if I listen to Him and obey, I will find more blessings than any amount of money can provide, even for that one second. 

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,146
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings One Light

My sentiments exactly & one can lose focus very easily by the lure of that paper god..................                         With love,Kwik

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I believe it all goes to how we live for God.  We all probably believe that if God gave us a lot of money, we would be able to do more for Him.  The problem is, is what we want to do for Him what He wants us to be doing?  I am sure we would get right to feeding the poor, helping those in need, support this ministry or that, yet, is that what God wants us to be doing?  What if He wants us to become like the poor so the poor will listen to us?  What if God has a ministry for us to do right where we are, and money would cause us to loose focus?

All in all, I have faith that He knows what is best for me and if I listen to Him and obey, I will find more blessings than any amount of money can provide, even for that one second. 

Ah Alan, you have hit the nail on the head! I know one person who is trying to amass money so that he can "help the poor". He doesn't get it when I tell him to help the poor now and he will be "rich".

I have a very good Christian friend who is, by my standards, super rich (we all set our own standards as to what rich is I guess - to the kids at the orphanage I am their equivalent to "Bill Gates" - when all you own are the clothes in your drawer I guess your standards are different), who has in the last six years been instrumental in putting 600 disadvantaged kids through to their final year of high school. 

It's not about the money, it's about what you do with it.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

and in the end this,

And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.  I Cor 13:3

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,390
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

and in the end this,

And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I surrender my body to be burned, but do not have love, it profits me nothing.  I Cor 13:3

Now you understand why Col 3 was used in our reasoning together :thumbsup: Edited by enoob57

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  764
  • Topics Per Day:  0.18
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  44

Hi Arka! if one is attached to their wealth then they prize the riches of this world over the goodness of Gods grace. And also there is no more tithing under the new covenant, only under the old covenant was it commanded by the 11 tribes to pay a tenth to the levites under the levitical priesthood. Since there is no levitical priesthood under the new covenant there is no reason to pay a tenth, because the sole reason of paying a tenth was to give to the priests the things needed to the ministering of the temple and also to their daily needs since the priesthood did not have jobs.

Actually, the tithe was returned by Israel 2 times yearly and 1 time every three years. The first tithe (yearly) was for the temple upkeep and in support of the Levites. The second tithe (yearly) was for the festivals. And the third tithe (every 3 years) was for the orphan, widow, poor, and foreigner. The tithe was not giving. Offerings would be consider giving.

So the three tithes were: 1) one for the Levites and Temple paid yearly, (see [eut. 14:22-27), Lev. 18:19-21); 2) another one for the use of the feasts paid yearly (see Deut. 16:16, Deut. 12:6-8);  and 3) one for the poor of the land to be paid every 3 years (as well as orphans, widows, and foreigners (see Deut. 14:28-29).

See this link.

Do you see brother?

And yes the tithe is part of the Old Covenant God had with Israel. Nowhere in the NT is the tithe transferred to the Church (Body of Christ). The command to the Christian today is to give generously. :thumbsup:

God bless,

GE

Christ has nothing to do with the wealth of this world which will soon come to nothing. In the very near future no amount of gold silver or printed paper will be able to deliver anyone a drink of water or a bite of food to eat. It will all be gone from no rain on the face of the earth for three and a half years. All of the water supplies will be turned to blood and the wrath of God will begin and not stop until Christ returns 75 days after His two prophets are resurrected back to life. Then everyone who held on to their worldly goods will have wished they would have given them up for faith in God alone. Build faith in God while the wood is still green because in the dry you will only have time to run for your life.

Where is this in bold found in Scripture? Sounds very gnostic to me... :noidea:

And how does it compare with say Psalm 50:10? For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills.

God bless,

GE

It is in "okay to be rich"  I thought that was your contention :noidea:... as far as sin to have we see it here

Luke 18:22

22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast,

and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

KJV

We know the heart is desperately wicked and here we have the reality of all that... as I stated above (previous

post)and the Scripture that explains why it is like it is :) Love, Steven

Of note if everyone was poor (financially speaking) why would Paul take up a collection for the saints in Jerusalem? Had to be some wealthy Believers to do so... right? (See 1 Cor. 16 & 2 Cor. 8)

And more practically how would we be able to send people as missionaries and support them financially if nobody had anything to contribute?

Neither Jesus nor the apostles forbade Christians to own property. Zacchaeus gave a lot of what he had back to those he stole from. But there is no evidence he became poor for example. (See Luke 19)

The sharing of property in Acts 2-5 was completely voluntary. It was a beautiful picture of people sharing in love and generosity as the need arose. Also the giving and selling was occasional. This is evidenced in Acts 2:45 both verbs are in the imperfect tense.

An idol is anything that we put before God. The rich young man in the OP Luke 18:18-25 cared more about his riches than following Christ. The rich young man LOVED money more than he loved God. That is the key point to the passage.

Further, it is good for us to leave an inheritance for the next generation... See What does the Bible say about leaving an inheritance for their children?

God bless,

GE