• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

bless you Oakwood.. that is a very very good point to raise to others.. when something seems innocent we find later that it is not what we thought at all. Those types of sites are money geared and not toward helping others. I would not give facebook the pleasure of my signing onto their website... They need to know that what they allow and promote is so very wrong... and as you said.. we could be under somones eye...

Edited by Mswright6488

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

yes mam... thank you ladyC. I don't think anyone ever really thinks about that kind of stuff while on those sites... and who knows? Maybe they are already picking us out as we speak. Were the sites made for fun and interaction or a way for the government to keep status on us?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

no mam.... what you said is confusing because we are called to be holy... so where we go on the internet does matter

You are putting a spin on my words and maybe that is why you find them confusing

Holy does not mean putting the light out and hiding.  Like Jesus said, don't put your light under a bushel

You have the experience that you create on fb or anywhere for that matter

That is not confusing 

Here is the last sentence of my post:

The world can get us down for sure...but thank God, we can still be in His presence and feel His love in the midst of a godless and sinful world...hugs

How can you possibly find ill intent in that sentence?   If you approach with a pre-disposition to negativity, then perhaps that is what you will see even when the opposite is being said

If I walk into a bar (I don't) does that mean I am no longer a Christian?

Jesus was called all kinds of names because he hung out with sinners....those are the people who need Him

I have a friend who is an athiest....should I no longer contact her on fb?  

I find it upsetting that you would so badly misunderstand what I wrote...

Again, I don't see naked people on fb and I don't go to sites on the internet that are not fitting for a Christian.  I don't argue with people on fb and I will

concur with something ladyC said...it seems that often those who do not even believe in Christ will give you the benefit of the doubt while Christians

are ready to jump down your throat without even making sure they understand

No one is picking you or anyone else 'out'  don't you all believe that you are in Christ's hands?

The fear exhibited from time to time in some of the discussions here amounts to superstition IMO

There have been a number of threads like this one and it always goes the same way

I think I will stay out of them in the future and I'm leaving this one now

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,244
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

bless you Oakwood.. that is a very very good point to raise to others.. when something seems innocent we find later that it is not what we thought at all. Those types of sites are money geared and not toward helping others. I would not give facebook the pleasure of my signing onto their website... They need to know that what they allow and promote is so very wrong... and as you said.. we could be under somones eye...

So you would not give facebook the pleasure of signing onto their website.......    have you ever been on facebook?    Have you had an account that you yourself control what comes and goes????

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Everything ever made by man is a tool.  A tool in and of itself, is not evil.  What people do with this tool may be evil.  One cannot blame a tool on how others use it.  The tool remains innocent, but the user may not be.

• 8 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/26/1960

use fb for spritual matters.doxt log on more time whatever question ppl ask give answer.one more benifit i haveing that staying in india contacting br dubai and gemany thourgh message

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  27
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

We (My wife and I) closed our accounts the next day after the "gay pride" profile picture supporter thing was introduced by Facebook, and Mark Z personally made that statement. We decided we cannot, as Christians, in good concience take any part in a company that promotes this type of evil to 1.44 billion people (many which are children). So, we got a copy of all the photos that were uploaded and deleted the accounts for good! Never felt happier!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,244
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

We (My wife and I) closed our accounts the next day after the "gay pride" profile picture supporter thing was introduced by Facebook, and Mark Z personally made that statement. We decided we cannot, as Christians, in good concience take any part in a company that promotes this type of evil to 1.44 billion people (many which are children). So, we got a copy of all the photos that were uploaded and deleted the accounts for good! Never felt happier!

I unfriended everyone that used that on their pictures.  It let me make a serious statement to them all.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  813
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1

Anythg under the sun can be used for good and evil. Why even as far as using a fork to cause harm or injury. It all depends on how we use them rather than what it is. Not everything is evil in itself. But the manner if how it is being used. Even worthy chat can be used for evil purpose if one wishes to. So fb in itself is not evil. But if you can't handle the temptation or anything else, then you should just avoid it at all cost. But it is sorta unfair to generalize. Yes the social media can be a downfall to many but to some it is a blessing. So it all depends on how we use it.