justfaith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

"clothed in the sun" could also be interpreted as being wrapped in God's righteous judgement and the in the light of His government. In 2 Sam 23:4, King David emplifies this type of government:

2Sa 23:3-4 KJV - The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

- And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain.

Why is the woman standing on the moon ?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Revelation 12 King James Version (KJV)

12 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Who is the woman ?

What does clothed in the sun , moon under feet and 12 crowns mean ?

When did this happen ?

where is the wilderness?

what is meant by thousand two hundred and threescore days. ?

Just faith.

The woman is Zion, God's holy woman.  Not a real woman, but his doctrine from heaven is symbolised as a woman because women give birth and multiply.

This Woman (God's doctrine) is clothed in "Truth"  depicted as the sun because it's bright.  The truth is full of light.

The moon under her feet shows God''s woman (his doctrine) is from above, not below.  It's heavenly, not earthly.

The wilderness is the world, Satan's domain.  Just to give you a couple of examples here;

Job 39:6   Whose house I have made the wilderness, and the barren land his dwellings.

Psalms 74:14   Thou brakest the heads of leviathan in pieces, and gavest him to be meat to the people inhabiting the wilderness.

The 1260 days is just short of three and a half years.  After Jesus death and resurrection, Jesus returned and was here teaching the apostles for 40 days. 

Having the holy spirit now, they were well instructed by Christ and the doctrine was solid.

After Jesus left, the apostles went in hiding.  They were instructed to go to Antioch.  They were kept protected there from persecutions, although some were killed, but the true doctrine was preserved

They wrote letters to the churches, and would of made copies preserving the word.  All this was done in the world (wilderness) but in hiding from the world.  The truth was preserved. So Antioch was their headquarters, and they came and went, and returned.

Acts 11:26   And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Acts 11:27   And in these days came prophets from Jerusalem unto Antioch.

Acts 13:1   Now there were in the church that was at Antioch certain prophets and teachers; as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had been brought up with Herod the tetrarch, and Saul.

Acts 14:21   And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch,

Acts 14:26   And thence sailed to Antioch, from whence they had been recommended to the grace of God for the work which they fulfilled.

Acts 15:22   Then pleased it the apostles and elders, with the whole church, to send chosen men of their own company to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas; namely, Judas surnamed Barsabas, and Silas, chief men among the brethren:

Acts 15:23   And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:

Acts 15:30   So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they delivered the epistle:

Acts 15:35   Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.

This is the 1260 days that they fled into the wilderness and she was fed, meaning God's true doctrine was being fed and preached amongst themselves and to the Jews & gentiles. 

The crown of 12 stars on the woman's head depicts the 12 tribes of Israel.  God chose them from the beginning, and this is when he first showed himself with his likes and dislikes, revealing himself to this people first.

This is true history, and God will use Israel again during the millennium when he heals them.

The heavenly Jerusalem coming down during the millennium in Rev 21, you will notice that the 12 gates are named after the 12 tribes of Israel.

God has not forgotten them, and the world will know who they are.

They will be grafted on to the tree in the millennium, but they are only flesh.  The gentiles will now have to go through them as Israel will be taught by Christ and the saints, in the kingdom on earth, for knowledge to cover the earth.

So you see the woman can not be Israel, for she has them on her head.  Israel will be resting on God's true doctrine.  This is a prophecy.  Israel was and will be. 

Edited by Sister

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

King Solomon sang about this woman, Zion.  Not a real woman, but God's doctrine likened to a beautiful woman.

Song of Solomon 2:14   O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.
Song of Solomon 4:3   Thy lips are like a thread of scarlet, and thy speech is comely: thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks.
Song of Solomon 6:4   Thou art beautiful, O my love, as Tirzah, comely as Jerusalem, terrible as an army with banners.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  317

"clothed in the sun" could also be interpreted as being wrapped in God's righteous judgement and the in the light of His government. In 2 Sam 23:4, King David emplifies this type of government:

2Sa 23:3-4 KJV - The God of Israel said, the Rock of Israel spake to me, He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.

- And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain.

I find it interesting that you see her as "standing" on the moon. 

The KJV just says "with the moon under her feet". I'm finding it difficult to determine if:

a. she is standing on the moon, like as a foundation; or, 

b. she is standing on it as the moon is subordinate to her. 

I think the bigger question is "What is the moon representing?" 

Being that this seems to be a celestial vision, there have been those that believe the woman was the constellation Virgo. That some cataclysmic event would take place when Virgo was over the moon, during the day ("clothed with the sun").

Honestly, though, I don't know. I think understanding what the moon is in this vision is key to unlocking much more.  

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  317

Sister says: The moon under her feet shows God''s woman (his doctrine) is from above, not below.  It's heavenly, not earthly

...or the woman represents his gospel? The good news?

Edited by mevosper

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  597
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,106
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

The KJV just says "with the moon under her feet". I'm finding it difficult to determine if:

Being that this seems to be a celestial vision, there have been those that believe the woman was the constellation Virgo. That some cataclysmic event would take place when Virgo was over the moon, during the day ("clothed with the sun").

Honestly, though, I don't know. I think understanding what the moon is in this vision is key to unlocking much more.  

Revelation 12 King James Version (KJV)

12 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Who is the woman ?

What does clothed in the sun , moon under feet and 12 crowns mean ?

When did this happen ?

where is the wilderness?

what is meant by thousand two hundred and threescore days. ?

The constellations will be in that configuration only one time in my lifetime that I can find....    September 22-23, 2017

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think the woman is Israel, the Sun is Abraham, the moon is Sarah, and the 12 stars are the 12 tribes of Israel.

This probably happens in the future (After all, It's in Revelation)

I don't know where the wilderness is.

1,260 = 3 1/2 years.

A look at Daniel, Revelation, Matthew 24, Mark 13, and Luke 21 would help.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  309

I will go with b the moon i think is darkness in which the church got the victory over 

Clothed with the sun, moon at her feet,   Jupiter (king planet) being born,  twelve stars above head (nine stars of Leo and three planets.

virgo2017_zpse5c3363d.jpg

I've run my program 150 years in both directions and can not get this all to come together any other time except sept 23, 2017.

I can't find a red dragon in the zodiac so I am wondering if maybe Satan and his angels get thrown out of heaven on Sept 23, 2017