• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/28/1973

Ezra: "10. While the word "Trinity" (from the Latin trinitas and trinus) is not in Scripture, the truth of the one true and living God eternally existing as three distinct Divine Persons is Bible Truth.  Those who  reject this truth and reject the Deity of Christ cannot be saved."

Okay, I guess I cannot be saved then, because I won't say I believe in something that I don't understand. I won't accept that anything that God would expect us to claim belief in for salvation would be too difficult for us to understand so that we could rightly and honestly say, "yes, I believe." I think God would prefer me honest than just plain loyal.

There is a verse that tells us that God is spirit and he that worships him must do so in spirit and truth, and there is a verse that tells us that the Holy Spirit is God's spirit, right? So, I don't see how the two can be divided to make a "Trinity" or "triune God".

Ezra: "3. God has also revealed that Jesus is God (Heb 1:6-14)"

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

John 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Ezra "6. Unless Jesus is God, He could not have paid for the sin of the world (Jn 1:29; Acts 20:28)"

I see where you are getting this in the Acts verse but not the John verse. With Jesus being God's Son, of course, it was his blood that paid the debt.

Ezra "7. Unless we believe that Jesus of Nazareth is BOTH Lord (God) and Christ, we cannot be saved (Jn 20:28; Acts 2:36; 4:12)"

I don't think Lord is equivalent to God; Sarah called Abraham Lord.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

1 John 5:7

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Nobody But Nobody

But about spiritual things my brethren, I want you to know,

That you were pagans and you were being led without discrimination to those idols which have no voice. 

Because I inform you of this: there is no man who speaks by The Spirit of God and says, "Yeshua is damned",

neither can a man say, "Yeshua is THE LORD JEHOVAH",

except by The Spirit of Holiness. 1 Corinthians 12:1-3 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

~

Okay, I guess I cannot be saved then....

because I won't say I believe in something that I don't understand....

I won't accept that anything that God would expect us to claim belief in for salvation would be too difficult for us to understand....

so that we could rightly and honestly say, "yes, I believe."....

I think God would prefer me honest....

than just plain loyal....

:thumbsup:

Beloved, It Seems That The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Jacob

“Seek the Lord

while he may be found; 

call upon him while he is near;

let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts;

let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him,

and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

so are my ways higher than your ways

and my thoughts than

your thoughts. Isaiah 55:6-9 (ESV)

The Almighty God Of The Holy Bible

But again Yeshua said to them, "Timeless truth I speak to you; I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Gate of the flock."

"And all who had come were thieves and robbers, but the flock did not hear them."

"I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Gate; if anyone will enter by me,

he shall live and shall go in and out

and shall find the pasture."

"But a thief does not come except to steal, kill and destroy;

I have come that they may have life

and have whatever

is abundant."

"I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd lays down his life for his flock."

"But a hired man who is not a shepherd, and the sheep are not his own

whenever he may see a wolf coming, leaves the flock and runs,

and a wolf comes snatching at and scattering the flock."

"But a hired man runs because he is a hired man,

and cares not about the flock."

"I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Good Shepherd.

I know mine and am known

by mine."

"Just as my Father knows me and I know my Father,

and I lay down my life for the flock's sake."

"But I have other sheep

which were not from this fold; I must also bring them.

They also will hear my voice, and the entire fold shall be one, and One Shepherd."

"Because of this my Father delights in me,

because I am laying down my life

that I may receive it again."

"No man takes it

from me;

I am laying

it down of my own will,

for I am authorized to lay it down,

and I am authorized to receive it again;

this commandment I have received from my Father." John 10:7-18 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Is Confused By Most Folk

The weapons of our warfare are not according to the flesh, 

but of the power of God, and by it we subdue rebellious fortresses,

And we pull down reasonings and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God,

and we take all minds prisoner

to the obedience of

The Messiah. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

As A Little god Of

And we know that The Son of God has come

and he has given us a mind to know The True One

and to be in The True One -- in his Son, Yeshua The Messiah.

This One is The True God

and The Life

Eternal.

My children, keep yourselves

from the worship

of idols. 1 John 5:20-21 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Pride

Who is he who conquers the universe but he who believes that Yeshua is The Son of God?

This is he who came by water and blood, Yeshua The Messiah; it was not by water only, but by water and blood.

And The Spirit testifies because The Spirit is the truth.

And there are three testifying: The Spirit and the water and the blood, and the three of them are in one. 1 John 5:5-8 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English) 

It Seems

If we receive the testimony of men, how much greater is the testimony of God? And this is the testimony of God which he testifies about his Son:

Everyone who believes in The Son of God has this witness in his soul. Everyone who does not believe God makes him a liar because he does not believe the testimony that God testifies concerning his Son.

And this is the testimony: God has given us Eternal Life, and that life is in his Son.

Everyone who lays hold of The Son lays hold also of The Life, and everyone who does not lay hold of The Son of God does not have The Life in him. 1 John 5:9-12 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

~

Believe

But what does it say? 

"The answer is near your mouth and your heart."

This is the word of the faith that we preach.

And if you will confess

with your mouth Our Lord Yeshua, 

and you will believe in your heart

that God has raised him from the dead, you shall have life.

For the heart that believes in him is made right,

and the mouth that confesses him

has life. John 10:8-10 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

And Be Blessed Beloved

For the Scriptures say, "Everyone who believes in him will be unashamed." 

And he makes no distinction in this, not for the Jews, neither for the Aramaeans,

for he is The One LORD JEHOVAH to all of them, who is rich with everyone who calls to him.

"For everyone who will call the name of THE LORD JEHOVAH

shall be saved." John 10:11-13 (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

Love, Joe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Okay, I guess I cannot be saved then, because I won't say I believe in something that I don't understand. I won't accept that anything that God would expect us to claim belief in for salvation would be too difficult for us to understand so that we could rightly and honestly say, "yes, I believe." I think God would prefer me honest than just plain loyal.

Rom 10:8-10

8 But what does it say? "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart" —  that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved;

NASB

You shall be saved seems pretty definite to me.

Yeah, other one, but someone else told me a few posts back that I couldn't be saved without understanding and believing in the Trinity. I don't see anything like that in the Romans 10 verses that you posted.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

1 John 5:7

For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one.

Deychrome, how about this?

I Corinthians 14 is a good chapter on things being easily understood. God doesn't expect us to say we believe things that are too complicated for us mere mortals to understand, and threaten us with eternal Hellfire if we do not. Makes no sense to me.

hmbld, is the Holy Spirit the Father's spirit? And is the Father anything but spirit? Is He also flesh or ... something else maybe?

Edited by Deychrome

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

Yeah, other one, but someone else told me a few posts back that I couldn't be saved without understanding and believing in the Trinity. I don't see anything like that in the Romans 10 verses that you posted.

Hummmm......   imagine that....  well at least it does seem to talk about  two of them unless one considers that Jesus raised himself from the dead...

Guest shiloh357

Deychrome,

I don't think it is a case that you have to believe in the Trinity get saved.  But the Trinity is in the Bible.  It is demonstrated over and over in the Bible.   If one is a Christian there is no good reason to  reject it.

If you have to understand something in the Bible in order to believe it, then there is no way to believe in God because God is beyond knowing.  He is more than we can understand or explain.  How do you, for example, explain that God has no beginning or end?   How do you explain that God has no physical form and can be everywhere at once?

The Trinity is one aspect about the nature of God we don't understand at this time.  It is part of a long list of things we won't understand until a future time.   But God asks us to trust Him.  Is that asking too much?      There I a lot that goes on in this world that I don't understand, but that doesn't stop me from being able function.   In the same way, there are things about God that we don't understand, but yet they true and we can put faith in a God that has always proven himself to be honest and faithful in other contexts so there is no reason not to trust Him here as well.

Guest shiloh357

The Trinity isn't paganism.  You simply don't understand the doctrine.   In fact, I have noticed that people who reject the Trinity are usually doctrinally skewed in other areas as well.