Summer

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  35
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

If i didn't come to know Jesus as my Lord , i may very well have had a few tattoos. However, i no longer want to put markings on my body now . What do you think of all these tattoo reality shows? It is a lifestyle and a profession but as christians we should be seperate from it. I was very intrigued of these tattooists but felt bad that some collect crosses, rosaries and skulls and also collects some ungodly art etc. I would just love for these people to embrace Jesus and have an encounter with Him and leave those things that don't glorify Him alone. Any thoughts?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,171
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

One of the most dedicated Christians I know only has a few square inches of blank skin left on his body.....   If you met him and was around him in some way that you didn't know he had tattoos, you would be amazed at his life style and his loving and giving nature and sharing of the Gospel.....  he lives what Jesus preaches..... and he can reach people that would not give you the time of day by downplaying tattoos.....   among other things

Don't judge a book by it's cover.

Tattoos are not for me, but I'm in no place to judge those who enjoy them.

No i'm not judging. Part of me likes that. It's just the paraphernalia i think. I did have a tattoo before i knew the Lord. It was actually a cover up but it was done quite bad. As soon as i got this cover up i was shocked when i looked at it at home. For quite sometime afterwards perhaps even a year i was having dreams that so clear i remember them clearly today. I was covered all over and this greatly distressed me . So i look at certain tattoo artists and admire that they are still beautiful and carry themselves well. Anyway i don't know..i did watch a thing on youtube about christianity and tattoos and that tattoos can be a portal. On the other hand i do believe that there are christians who do great work in evangelising and so on and their tattoos are a part of them and that is great that they can reach out to others and important. I didn't want to come across judgemental so i am sorry if i came across that way.

I would agree that some tattoos could be portals.......    I'm not sure that would be the case with a born again christian though.   a picture on one's body is not greater than the Holy Spirit and we can be forgiven for our follies.....    I think the mark of the beast is the only thing in your skin that could send one to hell....    it might effect one's effectiveness of spreading the gospel to some folks.....  but then again those folks are probably believers anyway.

I agree. I am fascinated although don't agree with everything about tattoos piercings that are extreme. It hurt me just watching rihanna getting that tribal hammer and chisel tattoo on her hand and forearm , i forgot what its called.

I agree. I am fascinated although don't agree with everything about tattoos piercings that are extreme. It hurt me just watching rihanna getting that tribal hammer and chisel tattoo on her hand and forearm , i forgot what its called.

LoL   it hurts me to watch her at all....   her music is just too many really bad memories when I was deeply studying the occult.

Yea, her music is quite dark and depressing for me. I listen to christian radio now or faith based preaching. I like to know what's going on but don't let myself become consumed with the secular tv, music etc.

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Summer....

We have had this discussion so many times in  the past,,,,,,,maybe you could dig some up in the older threads,I would say you will probably end up with a 50/50 ratio of aye & nay-lol       I do not believe we have to be concerned about what we did in the past to our bodies(I have tats),,,,,,,,& I think as Butero does   BUT,I think some are more accountable than others depending on your own convictions....I will try to explain better

Just as the person should not cause another to stumble by what they eat or drink,I think this holds true with this as well

Jesus came not to do away with the law but to fulfill it,,,,& we do not live under the law ....so right there ,in what I have already said,,,,there will be strong argument on both sides

I think as you walk with Jesus & grow spiritually you see things differently at different stages or levels........The young Christian that goes & gets  tattoos of His favorite Scripture verses is not sinning,He believes in hIs heart that he is giving God Glory,,,,,,,why do most people get tattoos?Well,lets talk real,okay?For adornment.,they think it looks good,,,,,,,,well,is it pride & vanity or are they making a statement....either case,it is carnal,would you agree?   So ,personally,,,,with my perspective,I think I would be sinning ,,,,,,see what I mean?It is a matter of the heart and accountability for your own actions

The Lord warns us not to do these things to our bodies,it was a command......Why,well simply because He loves us & does not want us to do anything that can potentionally harm us,there is great risk of infection & disease,,,,,So I do think by doing this we are risking our health ,willingly & with full knowledge of the danger,,,,our bodies are the Lords Temple,I think it is a sin,,,,,,clearly a sin of the flesh & with all sins of the flesh we can suffer reprocussions of our actions.......not go to hell.

Our flesh is at war with our spirit  & thank  You Jesus for the Grace of God....but there does come a time (if you are growing in relationship with the Lord)when you just know what you know as we receive Wisdom & Understanding from the Holy Spirit and to go against  your convictions is just willful disobedience and that does not please God  ,nor does it give Him praise,honor or glory,,,,,the eternal mind child of God that walks in spirit & in truth with the Heart & Mind of Christ is not the least bit interested in  "self" and lives for Christ Jesus            With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67

There have been quite few threads on this subject, you may like to read this one,

http://www.worthychr...156021-tattoos/

or also this one,

http://www.worthychr...ttoo/?hl= tatoo

PS.

Just so you know, my thoughts..............................

It’s what is tattooed on our hearts that is important, not the outside.

If people had judged me by my clothing, I would still be on the streets. 

God Bless.

Nigel. 

Guest shiloh357

It is not inherently sinful to get a tattoo, but everyone I know who got tattoos when they were young, regret having got them when they are older, particularly if the tattoo no longer reflects their world view  and/or if the tattoo looks awful on them due to wrinkled skin and all that.

Tattoos are also, in many cases, a hindrance to career advancement, depending on what line of work a person is in.  Careers where a more conservative appearance is essential usually don't find people with tattoos and tattooed people will be overlooked for advancement.

Young people who get all kinds of tattoos often don't think in terms of the effects such things may have on their future, in practical terms.  What's "cool" today is not so "cool" later on.