Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

The Jews fell out of favor with God and God shifted his gears toward what becomes the Roman Catholic Church.  Flavius Josephus documents this.  Just as the old covenant with Moses was a 40 year period, the period of Jesus ministry to the destruction of the temple was 40 years to establish the new covenant.

Guest shiloh357

The Jews fell out of favor with God and God shifted his gears toward what becomes the Roman Catholic Church.  Flavius Josephus documents this.  Just as the old covenant with Moses was a 40 year period, the period of Jesus ministry to the destruction of the temple was 40 years to establish the new covenant.

That is not true at all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Psalm 105

Remember His wonders which He has done,

His marvels and the judgments uttered by His mouth,

6O seed of Abraham, His servant,

O sons of Jacob, His chosen ones!

7He is the LORD our God;

His judgments are in all the earth.

He has remembered His covenant forever,

The word which He commanded to a thousand generations,

9The covenant which He made with Abraham,

And His oath to Isaac.

10Then He confirmed it to Jacob for a statute,

To Israel as an everlasting covenant,

Jeremiah 31

“This is the covenant I will make with the people of Israel

after that time,” declares the Lord.

“I will put my law in their minds

and write it on their hearts.

I will be their God,

and they will be my people.

34No longer will they teach their neighbor,

or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’

because they will all know me,

from the least of them to the greatest,”

“For I will forgive their wickedness

and will remember their sins no more.”

35This is what the Lord says,

he who appoints the sun

to shine by day,

who decrees the moon and stars

to shine by night,

who stirs up the sea

so that its waves roar—

the Lord Almighty is his name:

36“Only if these decrees vanish from my sight,”

declares the Lord,

“will Israel ever cease

being a nation before me.”

37This is what the Lord says:

“Only if the heavens above can be measured

and the foundations of the earth below be searched out

will I reject all the descendants of Israel

because of all they have done,”   

Plenty more where that came from.  

So there Flavius

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

Then I guess that "everlasting" covenant that God made with them isn't worth the (biblical) paper it's written on. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

That is not true at all.

Yes it is true.  God broke his covenant with the Jews and made one with the Romans.

Does this Pope list look like Jews?  http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12272b.htm

Pope Linus (died c. 76) was, according to several early sources, the second Bishop of Rome and is listed by the Catholic Church as the second pope.

His papacy lasted from c. 67 to his death c. 79. According to other early sources, Pope Clement I was the second pope; per the Annuario Pontificio Clement was the fourth pope. Among those considered by the Catholic Church to have held the position of pope, only Clement, Linus and Peter are specifically mentioned in the New Testament.[1]

The earliest Christian Cemeteries?  http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03510a.htm

First Century Saints Outside the Disciples/Apostles?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronological_list_of_saints_in_the_1st_century

I could go on and on...

Guest shiloh357

That is not true at all.

Yes it is true.  God broke his covenant with the Jews and made one with the Romans.

Not so.  If God broke His eternal covenant with Abraham's descendents, it make God a liar.

God has never made covenants with Rome.  That is just absurd and not supported by the Bible.  

I could go on and on...

Yes and all of it would be wrong.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Then I guess that "everlasting" covenant that God made with them isn't worth the (biblical) paper it's written on. 

It's the covenant he made with Abraham that can't be broken...   The nation of Israel broke every covenant they had between God and them....   but the one between God and Abraham was literally one way, and God will never break that.

Guest shiloh357

It's the covenant he made with Abraham that can't be broken...   The nation of Israel broke every covenant they had between God and them....   but the one between God and Abraham was literally one way, and God will never break that.

Yep and that is the eternal covenant that is in force now.  That is the covenant that Israel has never broken and it is the covenant of promise between Abraham AND His descendents.   It is not just between Abraham and God.   Furthermore, Israel's unfaithfulness doesn't nullify God's faithfulness.  He is faithful to His promises no matter what Israel does.  God's faithfulness isn't conditional on us.  if it were, humanity would be without hope.

No.. God made that covenant with Abraham and his decendants.  It doesn't even make sense to say God made it with Abraham only.  Abraham is dead

so how would that benefit him?  

It's in the Bible.  Plain as day.

And as for saying the nation of Israel broke every covenant etc...God noticed that and this is what He states concerning that:

“For I will forgive their wickedness

and will remember their sins no more.”

Is there a Christian that has not sinned or lived so righteously that God promised to Gentiles what He promised to Israel?

I mean honestly, I've read and studied both testaments and continue doing so and I will never understand this desire to wipe out the Jewish people other than

well, it does come from the Holy Spirit

God chooses whom He will and for some reason He set His favor upon Abraham and made of him a nation through whom ALL the blessings we as Gentile Christians

have today, enjoy

That is not true at all.

Does this Pope list look like Jews?  http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12272b.htm

Pope Linus (died c. 76) was, according to several early sources, the second Bishop of Rome and is listed by the Catholic Church as the second pope.

His papacy lasted from c. 67 to his death c. 79. According to other early sources, Pope Clement I was the second pope; per the Annuario Pontificio Clement was the fourth pope. Among those considered by the Catholic Church to have held the position of pope, only Clement, Linus and Peter are specifically mentioned in the New Testament.[1]

The earliest Christian Cemeteries?  http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03510a.htm

First Century Saints Outside the Disciples/Apostles?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronological_list_of_saints_in_the_1st_century

I could go on and on...

Listen, God does not break covenants.  If He does, then it is absurd to state that He also said divorce is forbidden for any reason as you are stating in the other thread...or was

it only men can divorce?

At any rate, if God can break covenants, that He has sworn by His own Word to NOT break, then it means we can do so also any time we choose.  You may or may not concede,

but that's really what it amounts to.

The Bible does not recognize popes.  It recognizes only Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, as the ONLY mediator between mankind and his Creator.  

I have news for you.  Jesus Christ is alive, He rose from the dead and lives forevermore and is seated at the right hand of the Father and lives to make intercession for us.

A man cannot forgive the sins of another man.  Only God can forgive through the shed blood of His Son...which still speaks from the altar in heaven, of which the earthly tabernacle

is only a shadow.

The earliest Christian Cemeteries?

Who would go to a cemetery to consult the living?  

Jesus says : I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.  Rev. 22:13   

Jesus is our High Priest...we need no other!  

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

14Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven,f Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. 15For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet he did not sin. 16Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.  Hebrews 4

I could go on and on

And many people do.  Yet, God's word is true even if He says it only one...time...