Summer

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

It would be best to avoid any church that believes theirs is the only way to heaven. But aside from that, most people feel like theirs is the best church because it is the best for them. Christians on the edge? Does that mean an uncommitted Christian, or double minded Christian? We are told that the double minded won't receive anything from God. We need to be totally commited to Him.

Sometimes a different denomination emphasizes another truth that you may need at this time. Personal growth can lead us to other places.

When you are pressured into too much responsibility it can cause exhaustion. Small churches especially may be tempted to overwork a few people. It would be the time to step back and ask God which ones He wants you involved in. Where are your spiritual gifts being used? Where do you recognize that God is the One who is doing the work and you are only His instrument? That is likely where He wants you. When you get exhaused it is often because YOU are doing the work and not God. His yoke is easy and His burden is light.

You spoke of trying to avoid a person. If that relationship needs to be repaired, this should be done before you move on. God doesn't let us run from difficult people. He tells us to forgive and love them anyhow. But if it was an ungodly relationship, you need to separate yourself from the person.

When I have changed churches I have found that God may use me in another way to fill the needs of the new body. But you also may need to learn to just say no.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  244
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

If your in a church that believes they're the only ones saved then I would suggest going elsewhere, as the body of Christ exist across the world and not one church is ever identified as being the only church, at the very least we see seven churches that some are found in each one worthy of wearing the white robe

and at least five churches were prepared

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

I would make one comment here

and that is that your relationship with God and your relationship with church, are two very different things

you can go to ten churches or none, and still have a solid relationship with God

or you could be the biggest church goer on the world and we weak in your relationship with God

Just make sure your relationship with God is rock solid, and the church thing will take care of itself...for He will lead youi where He wants you to go.