IGNORED

Black Friday

missmuffet

I didn't participate in "Black Friday" this year.  I did my shopping online . . . for a pair of work shoes at half price I found on Amazon. All the other "deals" I've seen through out the year for the most part. I also had to work Thursday night, so I slept through it for the most part.

I never bought anything on Amazon yet...I just don't know with giving out credit card numbers online...

I would live to try it ....is everything always in a good condition when you receive it? 

My bank offers a special "My Spending Card"  that works just like a debit or credit card where I can simply load the "my spending" card with how much I need and I can use that card online to buy things.  There is no pathway from that card to my savings or checking accounts and if the card gets hacked all the hacker's get is what I loaded on the card and nothing else.   It is a safe way to shop online.  I use it all the time.  Like you, I don't feel safe using a regular credit or debit card on line.  So this ia a really good and safe option.

The bank I use has something similar - but there are fees attached to it that are higher than they should be, and I despise paying to spend my own money. The only other option seems to be those pre-paid Visa and MasterCards, but the fees can be outrageous on those too. Haven't found a good option for getting around all that yet, and the convenience of online shopping is a must for me because getting around without a car is so much of a hassle here. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't participate in "Black Friday" this year.  I did my shopping online . . . for a pair of work shoes at half price I found on Amazon. All the other "deals" I've seen through out the year for the most part. I also had to work Thursday night, so I slept through it for the most part.

I never bought anything on Amazon yet...I just don't know with giving out credit card numbers online...

I would live to try it ....is everything always in a good condition when you receive it? 

My bank offers a special "My Spending Card"  that works just like a debit or credit card where I can simply load the "my spending" card with how much I need and I can use that card online to buy things.  There is no pathway from that card to my savings or checking accounts and if the card gets hacked all the hacker's get is what I loaded on the card and nothing else.   It is a safe way to shop online.  I use it all the time.  Like you, I don't feel safe using a regular credit or debit card on line.  So this ia a really good and safe option.

I wonder if we have a bank in Canada who would do that...?

if not, check with your bank for the virtual debit card like i mentioned in a previous post. it won't work in stores, but it will work online.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I still use discover....   when the card is used fraudulently, they do not leave the charges on my account......   and the cash back we use for Christmas presents.   This year will be about $550 available for whatever.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

A prepaid card is good for online purchases as you can control how much money is available on the card

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

TD Bank has something similar. It is actually a pre-loaded VISA that they advertise for your teen age children. Gives them a card and also a spending limit. But I don't see why you can't use it for online shopping. It's called TD Go Reloadable card.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,191
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

TD Bank has something similar. It is actually a pre-loaded VISA that they advertise for your teen age children. Gives them a card and also a spending limit. But I don't see why you can't use it for online shopping. It's called TD Go Reloadable card.

do they cover fraud use of the card???

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

do they cover fraud use of the card???

I can not find anything on their site.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

if not, check with your bank for the virtual debit card like i mentioned in a previous post. it won't work in stores, but it will work online.

Thanks,I will ask my bank ,I doubt they have it....

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I shopped online on Black Friday.  I got a few really good deals.  I won't go out into the madness at the malls, though.  I'm not patient enough for that! LOL