missmuffet

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  292
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

"shoes, you said it yourself. after his biological parents split up, he never again lived with his mother or father. i haven't heard anything negative about his biological father (and the only thing i ever heard about him at all was that he did not want riots to erupt)."

You may want to re-read what I said.  He lived in a household with his mother until she moved when he was in high school and they decided to let him finish his high school without switching by staying and living with his Grand Mother.  That would be a fairly pedestrian parental decision in middle class america that would likely even be viewed as a smart and thoughtful thing for a kid.  The Browns don't get that benefit of the doubt.  It is perfectly fine to pass on misinformation about his upbringing.

but his mother has reportedly initiated and led an attack and robbery on a vendor of t-shirts... some say the vendor was the grandmother, but i'm not sure about that part.

his mother's boyfriend (reported by the media as a 'step-father', which by definition he is not) is reportedly a member of the bloods, a violent gang.

michael, himself, has had photos of himself flashing gang signs associated with the bloods (when he was alive) all over social media.

"do you believe this was the innocent young boy that the media is portraying him as? you do seem to think he was an innocent victim, in spite of having just finished stealing from a store, being aggressive with the store clerk, then being mouthy and shouting dares and taunts at the officer when he was asked to move out of the street, and then becoming aggressive with the officer, fighting with him, and trying to steal the gun from the officer."

The media is not portraying him as an innocent victim.  That is made up.  At the very kindest, it is portraying him as an unarmed person with his hands in the air that got shot.  I'm not sure what you are reading that leads you say that I think he is an innocent victim.  I am more inclined to think that this was a mish mash of imperfection all around that ended in tragedy. What I am against is putting a person's whole life and now even his parents life on trial and that it mostly seems to be open season when the victim is black.  

"if you had heard of that kind of behavior, but had no idea of the skin color of the person who was doing those things, wouldn't you call it thuggish?"

I would not base anything simply on what I heard.  I would only base it on substantiated facts.  So far the facts related to this seem to mostly reside in the right wing blogish news sites.

Let me ask you this, would you consider a mother that went through three marriages during a kids childhood, that was convicted of both forgery and stealing and who provided what was described as providing no structure for their child's upbringing as someone who should be shunned or a thug?  Well, that describes Darrin Wilson's mother and I don't see his upbringing being put on trial in like I do Michael Brown's upbringing.  You really have to go out looking for it to find out that info about the Wilson family.

That isn't a very good comparison.   McSpadden is exploiting this entire thing to profit from her son's death.  She had people attack and beat up Brown's Grandmother to get money off of T-shirts memorializing Michael Brown.  That's thuggish, any way you slice it.

You are missing the point on two levels.  My fact point is that you were spreading falsehoods about his upbringing. 

I disagree.  His mother and father didn't care about him until they could make money off of him.

The bigger point I was trying to illustrate is how completely ridiculous it is to try the parents as part of this thing. 

If they attempt to sue Wilson or file a civil suit, not only will they lose but they open themselves up to countersuits.

However, I will play along and concede your point that they are not comparable.  Darrin Wilson's mom was convicted of hard crimes.  Michael Browns mom is, per the rumor mill which based on the falsehoods I see thrown around here is highly suspect, is just under investigation and is being subject to people, many of whom seem to be Christians here, that think they can look at her and know what is on her heart and what her core motives are.  Sorry, I don't know that from looking at a person.  Haven't developed that skill yet.

This isn't about whose parents are better.  It is about the fact that Wilson's mom didn't commit assault.   Brown's parents are thugs and are typical of what is wrong with the African American culture in this country.   I am not basing anything on how a person looks. You keep trying play the race card and I am not biting on that. 

I have a busy work day ahead so won't be posting further but this whole thread is one big one-sided bonfire of the race card that basically goes unchecked.  I show up and challenge what is being said and it's introducing the race card?  Is challenging flat out false statements playing a race card?  You play the race card in the very sentence preceding accusing me of it.  This is nuts.

Guest shiloh357

"shoes, you said it yourself. after his biological parents split up, he never again lived with his mother or father. i haven't heard anything negative about his biological father (and the only thing i ever heard about him at all was that he did not want riots to erupt)."

You may want to re-read what I said.  He lived in a household with his mother until she moved when he was in high school and they decided to let him finish his high school without switching by staying and living with his Grand Mother.  That would be a fairly pedestrian parental decision in middle class america that would likely even be viewed as a smart and thoughtful thing for a kid.  The Browns don't get that benefit of the doubt.  It is perfectly fine to pass on misinformation about his upbringing.

but his mother has reportedly initiated and led an attack and robbery on a vendor of t-shirts... some say the vendor was the grandmother, but i'm not sure about that part.

his mother's boyfriend (reported by the media as a 'step-father', which by definition he is not) is reportedly a member of the bloods, a violent gang.

michael, himself, has had photos of himself flashing gang signs associated with the bloods (when he was alive) all over social media.

"do you believe this was the innocent young boy that the media is portraying him as? you do seem to think he was an innocent victim, in spite of having just finished stealing from a store, being aggressive with the store clerk, then being mouthy and shouting dares and taunts at the officer when he was asked to move out of the street, and then becoming aggressive with the officer, fighting with him, and trying to steal the gun from the officer."

The media is not portraying him as an innocent victim.  That is made up.  At the very kindest, it is portraying him as an unarmed person with his hands in the air that got shot.  I'm not sure what you are reading that leads you say that I think he is an innocent victim.  I am more inclined to think that this was a mish mash of imperfection all around that ended in tragedy. What I am against is putting a person's whole life and now even his parents life on trial and that it mostly seems to be open season when the victim is black.  

"if you had heard of that kind of behavior, but had no idea of the skin color of the person who was doing those things, wouldn't you call it thuggish?"

I would not base anything simply on what I heard.  I would only base it on substantiated facts.  So far the facts related to this seem to mostly reside in the right wing blogish news sites.

Let me ask you this, would you consider a mother that went through three marriages during a kids childhood, that was convicted of both forgery and stealing and who provided what was described as providing no structure for their child's upbringing as someone who should be shunned or a thug?  Well, that describes Darrin Wilson's mother and I don't see his upbringing being put on trial in like I do Michael Brown's upbringing.  You really have to go out looking for it to find out that info about the Wilson family.

That isn't a very good comparison.   McSpadden is exploiting this entire thing to profit from her son's death.  She had people attack and beat up Brown's Grandmother to get money off of T-shirts memorializing Michael Brown.  That's thuggish, any way you slice it.

You are missing the point on two levels.  My fact point is that you were spreading falsehoods about his upbringing. 

I disagree.  His mother and father didn't care about him until they could make money off of him.

The bigger point I was trying to illustrate is how completely ridiculous it is to try the parents as part of this thing. 

If they attempt to sue Wilson or file a civil suit, not only will they lose but they open themselves up to countersuits.

However, I will play along and concede your point that they are not comparable.  Darrin Wilson's mom was convicted of hard crimes.  Michael Browns mom is, per the rumor mill which based on the falsehoods I see thrown around here is highly suspect, is just under investigation and is being subject to people, many of whom seem to be Christians here, that think they can look at her and know what is on her heart and what her core motives are.  Sorry, I don't know that from looking at a person.  Haven't developed that skill yet.

This isn't about whose parents are better.  It is about the fact that Wilson's mom didn't commit assault.   Brown's parents are thugs and are typical of what is wrong with the African American culture in this country.   I am not basing anything on how a person looks. You keep trying play the race card and I am not biting on that. 

I have a busy work day ahead so won't be posting further but this whole thread is one big one-sided bonfire of the race card that basically goes unchecked.  I show up and challenge what is being said and it's introducing the race card?  Is challenging flat out false statements playing a race card?  You play the race card in the very sentence preceding accusing me of it.  This is nuts.

I have not said anythnig about race.  If you read, I mentioned culture and behavior.  I have never said anything about race.  YOU are the only one bringing up race.  Not one other person on this thread other than you has made this about race. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

It doesn't matter really, the outcome, or why it happened.  The damage has been done.  Our police officers and legal system have been undermined again and now more police officers will be put in harms way, as they become paralyzed by doubt and fear of making the right decision when there won't be time for second thoughts.

The Michael Brown incident is a circular argument.  People still believe he was surrendering and had his hands up, back turned when he was "murdered" by Officer Wilson.  We know now that that wasn't at all true.  I am also seeing a trend where the LE is blamed first, which then poisons the well of public opinion and makes it nearly impossible for these officers to get a fair trial.

There will be another incident and another poster boy/girl will be cynically used to make more political, legal, and cultural changes to our society.  This will continue until our legal system becomes too paralyzed to function, or it will become as corrupt as Washington.  This will be another excuse for the President, whomever that may be at the time, to tear it down and rebuild it.  This is an obvious attempt to undermine our police force, regress our laws into something inferior to what we currently have, and "redistribute justice" to those who feel they are being "oppressed" by the current legal system. 

There's a legion of useful idiots that is more than willing to aquiesce to the tyranny of the mob and its desire to define justice by its own terms.

shoes, shiloh is correct. you do keep bringing up race. not just in this thread, either. you have implied numerous times, and even once came right out and blatantly accused me of being a racist, when i have never said a single racist thing on these forums.

the issue is not about skin color. it's about an attitude. it's about a cultural disdain for other people and their property, and it's an attitude of entitlement and anarchy. it's an attitude that is prevalent within the black communities today... but it's certainly not exclusive to only black people, and there are some awesome black people who do NOT have that attitude. and that attitude, as i've stated before, is a symptom of the breakdown of the family unit.  you are one of two individuals who, in several threads now, have repeatedly made it about race. two of those threads have been shut down as a result.

it's not about race. it's about humanity. human decency knows no color. but there are many without decency who engage in criminal behavior and then start riots and stir up racism... they blame everything on skin color. they are the ones who aren't color blind. 

It doesn't matter really, the outcome, or why it happened.  The damage has been done.  Our police officers and legal system have been undermined again and now more police officers will be put in harms way, as they become paralyzed by doubt and fear of making the right decision when there won't be time for second thoughts.

The Michael Brown incident is a circular argument.  People still believe he was surrendering and had his hands up, back turned when he was "murdered" by Officer Wilson.  We know now that that wasn't at all true.  I am also seeing a trend where the LE is blamed first, which then poisons the well of public opinion and makes it nearly impossible for these officers to get a fair trial.

There will be another incident and another poster boy/girl will be cynically used to make more political, legal, and cultural changes to our society.  This will continue until our legal system becomes too paralyzed to function, or it will become as corrupt as Washington.  This will be another excuse for the President, whomever that may be at the time, to tear it down and rebuild it.  This is an obvious attempt to undermine our police force, regress our laws into something inferior to what we currently have, and "redistribute justice" to those who feel they are being "oppressed" by the current legal system. 

There's a legion of useful idiots that is more than willing to aquiesce to the tyranny of the mob and its desire to define justice by its own terms.

well said.

scary, but well said.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

it's not about race. it's about humanity. human decency knows no color. but there are many without decency who engage in criminal behavior and then start riots and stir up racism... they blame everything on skin color. they are the ones who aren't color blind. 

:emot-highfive:  LadyC!  :)

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

Exactly

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

Either this thread lightens up and discusses the facts, or it will be closed for false accusations and personal attacks.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,151
  • Content Per Day:  4.59
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Peepers!

I was watching the 700  club today & they were discussing this very thing ,,,,,this guy acted as he should,he did not have a choice,given the circumstances and sadly,his resignation is also the only option he has ....considering his safety & for his families best interest.In the discussion,they compared the police brutality of the fellow in New York who was killed by a police officer putting a choke hold on the man as he cried out "I can't breathe,I can't breathe".......his crime was he was on the street corner selling cigarettes......................Does anyone even know what that police officer looks like?Does he have to move away & start life over?Has anyone even heard about this "murder"......of course not,it's a mad ,mad,mad ,mad world.........the days of Noah,Sodom & Gemorrah

I hope Darren Wilson can put this all behind him and move forward in a nice ,peaceful life ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I lift him & his family in prayer

Love,Kwik

kwik, the NY case you're referring to is eric garner. there is a thread on here somewhere about him. that case is very much in the news, and there have been protests and marches in many states... including one tonight in dallas. daniel pantaleo was the cop who turned in his badge. another cop on the scene was reassigned to a desk, and two paramedics who were accused of not doing enough to revive him were fired. do we know what daniel pantaleo looks like? both the video and his photo have made it around to every news network. google his name, you'll see photos of him on the search results page.