• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

That does not surprise me.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/11/29/ferguson-police-officer-darren-wilson-resigns/

Darren Wilson, the police officer who shot and killed teenager Michael Brown, has resigned from the Ferguson Police Department nearly four months after the confrontation that fueled protests in the St. Louis suburb and across the nation.

Wilson, 28, had been on administrative leave since the shooting on Aug. 9. His resignation was announced Saturday by one of his attorneys, Neil Bruntrager. The resignation was effective immediately, Bruntrager said.

A grand jury spent more than three months reviewing evidence in the case before declining in November to issue charges against Wilson. He told jurors that he feared for his life when Brown hit him and reached for his gun.

The U.S. Justice Department is still conducting a civil rights investigation into the shooting and a separate probe of police department practices.

After the shooting, Wilson spent months in hiding and made no public statements. He broke his silence after the grand jury decision, telling ABC News that he could not have done anything differently in the encounter with Brown.

Wilson said he has a clean conscience because "I know I did my job right." Brown's shooting was the first time he fired his gun on the job, he said.

Asked whether the encounter would have unfolded the same way if Brown had been white, Wilson said yes.

Wilson had no previous complaints against him and a good career record, according to Police Chief Thomas Jackson, who called Wilson "an excellent police officer."

A few months before the shooting, Wilson had received a commendation for detaining a suspect in a drug case.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

I figured he would resign and try to make a life for himself elsewhere. The problem is, his face is now known by the majority of people in the US, so finding a job may be harder than he thinks, and finding a place where he can live a normal live may be even harder.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.18
  • Days Won:  58

And he needs to hope no one finds out his address again. He went into hiding literally leaving his home half mowed because someone posted his address to social media. With the multiple death threats he has received, his life is basically over. He will be a fugitive for the rest of his life. 

his name and face will quickly fade from the minds of most americans, so he won't have that much trouble starting a new career i don't think. it's sad that his life was destroyed because of the actions of one young thug. but i think him moving and resigning is the safest thing he can do. too many people who could care less about truth and justice have murderous hearts.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,321
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

I think he could be a policeman here.

Yeah, his life is over as a policeman. He will have to move out of state and find a new career.

You would think he would have to be on some kind of protection program.

Guest shiloh357

The thing is that he has been cleared and most Americans know he didn't do anything wrong.   So I think he will find a job pretty easily.  It's just small number of radicals who think he did anything wrong. 

The thing is that he has been cleared and most Americans know he didn't do anything wrong.   So I think he will find a job pretty easily.  It's just small number of radicals who think he did anything wrong. 

I think that many look up to him and do not think he has done anything wrong.It is just that there are a few who would like to take a shot at him if he is not protected.

Guest shiloh357

I think that many look up to him and do not think he has done anything wrong.It is just that there are a few who would like to take a shot at him if he is not protected.

True.  He may need to keep a low profile for awhile.  If I were him, I would move my family to an undisclosed location for the time being.