• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  175
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  263
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/02/1964

At first, I emphasize that my article is not homophobic and hate speech, but viewpoint considering harmful and problematic effects that legalizing of the gay marriages causes. I live in Finland and I study this subject from the national perspective and also world wide. My article deals with matters that are very often overlooked or has not observed.

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Many children are raised solely by a man or a woman nowadays with the divorce rate  being 50% in the US so how does this fit into your immorality model?  Men and woman both show emotions.  A homosexual couple of men can validate any child's feelings and raise them in a healthy way.  You loosely throw around the word immorality when there is no proof that homosexuality is immoral.  Homosexuality has been going on since the beginning of time and they have rights to families, too.  There is no impirical evidence of maternal love being needed by children.  Love in itself can come from a man or a woman in the raising of children.  I find your article very judgemental and lacking in evidence of a substantial nature.

Guest shiloh357

You loosely throw around the word immorality when there is no proof that homosexuality is immoral.

God condemns the homosexual lifestyle as immoral several places in the Bible.  That our primary source for declaring that it is immoral.

Homosexuality has been going on since the beginning of time and they have rights to families, too.

No, they don't.  No one does.  Getting married and raising a family isn't a right.   The person you marry is not required to marry you.  You have no "right" to be married. Marriage is a consensual covenant made by two people of their own, mutual  free will.   Not even heterosexuals have a "right" to be married.  

There is no impirical evidence of maternal love being needed by children.

http://familyfacts.org/briefs/6/benefits-of-family-for-children-and-adults

http://billmuehlenberg.com/2010/10/18/why-children-need-a-mother-and-a-father/

http://www.tfpstudentaction.org/politically-incorrect/homosexuality/10-reasons-why-homosexual-marriage-is-harmful-and-must-be-opposed.html

Love in itself can come from a man or a woman in the raising of children. 

The problem with your point of view is that it lacks a fundamental understanding of the role of fathers and mothers in a child's life.  Women and men are hardwired differently when it comes to certain types of emotional makeup and both of these are essential to a child's development.   Children need the nurture, security that comes from a mother, but they also need discipline, direction and protection that comes from a father.

Two men or two women cannot provide for a child what a man and woman in a healthy marriage can provide. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,189
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

The loss of common sense and decency is the result of immorality

within the cultures and Sodom lies at our door... Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,373
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  22

Many children are raised solely by a man or a woman nowadays with the divorce rate  being 50% in the US so how does this fit into your immorality model?  Men and woman both show emotions.  A homosexual couple of men can validate any child's feelings and raise them in a healthy way.  You loosely throw around the word immorality when there is no proof that homosexuality is immoral.  Homosexuality has been going on since the beginning of time and they have rights to families, too.  There is no impirical evidence of maternal love being needed by children.  Love in itself can come from a man or a woman in the raising of children.  I find your article very judgemental and lacking in evidence of a substantial nature.

That may be the case, but that is because society as a whole has thrown morals out the window.

Using that arguement, we could logically assume that if enough people do something, then it must be ok.

Actually homosexuality has not been going on since the beginning of time.  God did not create two males or two females and tell them to reproduce.

The very fact that you need both a male and a female to create a new human being, is evidence of a pattern that fails to allow for two of the same sex to

be succesful in continuing  the human race.

If you would like a world of clones or test tube babies or babies raised in a laboratory being fed by robots, then that might just be where things are going

if homosexuals have their way because they certainly cannot procreate.

Read Romans chapter one if you would like to educate yourself on what the Bible really says about homosexuality.  

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I'm sorry maybe it's just me. I don't think homosexuals have any rights as a married couple. One reason is God sees marriage for a man and a women. A mother and a father has a different role in a child's life. I cannot picture two married gay men teaching a daughter how to apply make up, or teaching a young girl about the facts of life, that a young girl needs to know at a certain age. That is something that a mother can teach.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  370
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

Gay marriage was voted for in the parliament one week ago, and will quite surely proceed next year to be legalized in Finland. The sad but not unexpected thing was the arch-bishop of the Lutheran church welcomed this, being the main cause for 13000 to resign themselves from the church for over one weekend. That's quite high number being in Finland.

As I have long  been saying, that is only one step forward and more is to follow. I have told many polygamy will be the next, since like homosexual "marriages" it can also be defended as a human right. I've seen many signs on this in the media, like articles about polyamoric relationships with no critic about it at all. Now they proceeded and presented a show on tv about a Finnish "family" of one man and two women.

The success Mormons have had with this thing in the states predicts expansion of the movement, considering the muslim immigration in Europe we can see how pieces start falling into place. They quite surely will soon start raising their voice for polygamy, and the European governments bow their heads once again. Besides, isn't it only exciting to go further that path once you have started the journey? If only you knew the destination..

Once the very basic unit, family, that was made sacred by God has been corrupted in its principle, the Antichrist has paved the way for further exploitation of humanity. And those poor souls who lack the backbone to stand up for what God has instructed us with,will cheer the beast on to the throne. Sometimes it would be so wonderful to be wrong, but I doubt the Word of God would fail.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I don't really know how to voice how much I disagree with this post. All my life I have been surrounded with homosexual and bisexual members of my family and every one of them had a miserable life, which is shown in their children, who ended up confused and often spiritually and mentally disturbed. That is over 60 years of experience, from my parents, to my sisters, to my children, and all those who follow the same ideals that I have met.

Ruth, you could not be further from the truth in my world.

Guest Teditis

I don't see it as a problem that's any larger than any other pervasive sin.

Look at how much just the sin of lying has reeked havoc on our society?

People sin... we adjust, there's nothing new under the sun.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

I don't see it as a problem that's any larger than any other pervasive sin.

Look at how much just the sin of lying has reeked havoc on our society?

People sin... we adjust, there's nothing new under the sun.

Adjust to sin? I am not sure I understand what you mean by this. Instead of assuming to know what I think you mean, can you explain in your own words how we are to adjust?