• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1963

I really think what really triggers these lonely spells is me attempting to reach out to others on the internet .Some days it is just nice to have a friend to talk to. I think I'm going in the right direction being proactive about it. If being on the internet spurs it on, i need to get off the computer and do other things, like listen to audio or read the Bible...or clean or watch a movie or something of that nature.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Satisfaction is in God alone! When you have come to Him in s(S)pirit without first born demands, which are polluted and corrupt,

then you are enabled by The Spirit to invest all needs into His care and then you can relax in what you have in a perfect peace...

For this is the Scripture

Matt 22:37-40

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart,

and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great

commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour

as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

KJV

When you have God in the proper seating within you as #1 then all else flows into a wonderful harmony of satisfaction no matter

what comes against it... God tells us to draw near to Him and He will draw near to us James 4:8

Love, Steven

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  04/28/1989

How are you brother? I deal with that as well.. and it's good to know I'm not the only one. We aren't weird man, we're just in a rut. I've been dealing with it for like 8 years but I've recently trusted Christ for Salvation and I believe God can heal people like us, he can bring meaningful relationships and friendships into our lives. If we ask him. Only 4 years ago I was on mental disability(probably shouldn't have been, my parents talked me into it) and I was a complete shut-in a few years before that while living with my parents. No friends, hardly any contact with my other family members. Every friendship I had until that period of my life dissolved. I'm off SSI now, I have a job and I'm happily married. But the mental damage during those years was so traumatic I'm still dealing with it today. But you're not alone.. I believe God can bring people like us(as messed up as we feel) out of situations like this. God bless.

• Followers:  0
  • Content Count:  5

Only Jesus can fulfill your lonely heart , only His love :)

• Content Count:  5

And we are His way

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Hey to you all,

I don't have this feeling all the time, but when I do get this lonely feeling in my gut, it is very heart wrenching. I am married, and disabled. I have always been a loner, and have had several online friends at one time, but through the years they have moved on away from the internet. I have one friend online and we chat quite a bit during the day. When my wife is at work is the toughest time for me. She is a nurse and works nights. I do go to a mental health support group on Tuesday and Thursdays during the day. But I still have to deal with this loneliness and dont know why?  I have joined many social sites in search of friendships but they are just few and far between these days. If you have any words of encouragment or advice, please feel free to comment on this. If you want to add me as a friend, by all means I will humbly accept any request.

Richard

I understand. I have been where you are and it's awful. I have a few suggestions for you:

1) don't give up

2) go to **Link removed**

3) be kind to yourself, you are not repulsive

4) take care of yourself and maintain your mental health. I don't know what that looks like for you whether that means coloring, journaling, writing stories or poems. Make a list of what you can do to take care of you then start by doing one thing each day. If you need to do more, do more, but do a minimum of one a day. 

Edited by ncn
please do not post this link

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  10

I don't know what is possible with your disability, but volunteering might help. There are so many ways one can help, from creating backpacks of food for poor children to answering phones for help lines. If that isn't an option, perhaps joining other in-person groups or taking up some new hobbies may help. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  1

Hey to you all,

I don't have this feeling all the time, but when I do get this lonely feeling in my gut, it is very heart wrenching. I am married, and disabled. I have always been a loner, and have had several online friends at one time, but through the years they have moved on away from the internet. I have one friend online and we chat quite a bit during the day. When my wife is at work is the toughest time for me. She is a nurse and works nights. I do go to a mental health support group on Tuesday and Thursdays during the day. But I still have to deal with this loneliness and dont know why?  I have joined many social sites in search of friendships but they are just few and far between these days. If you have any words of encouragment or advice, please feel free to comment on this. If you want to add me as a friend, by all means I will humbly accept any request.

Richard

I understand. I have been where you are and it's awful. I have a few suggestions for you:

1) don't give up

2) go to **Link removed**

3) be kind to yourself, you are not repulsive

4) take care of yourself and maintain your mental health. I don't know what that looks like for you whether that means coloring, journaling, writing stories or poems. Make a list of what you can do to take care of you then start by doing one thing each day. If you need to do more, do more, but do a minimum of one a day. 

I also suggest praying and spending time with God in His word.

When you spend time with God in the word make sure you are in a safe, healthy mindset because Satan knows scripture and when you are not in a safe place metally scripture can look a little warped. Still spend time in the word and pray but make sure that if you read the Bible you are mentally stable and healthy. 

Also sometimes I know it can get hard to pray so maybe write out your thoughts to God. That is what I have to do sometime. That can be done whatever your mental state. Just be careful not to blame God or blaspheme. Your feelings are valid. If you are angry at God though, seek, look, ask questions, find until you realize that it isn't his fault and your anger goes away. Nothing bad comes from God and nothing good comes from Satan. That's important. Also when you have come full circle confess your anger to God. He is a good God and He will understand and forgive you. I know this sounds like "just sin and God will forgive you." that is not what I am saying. I am saying if you happen to fall into sin (anger at God) do everything you can to get yourself out of that sin and then confess and pray. ok well always be praying but ya know what I mean. 

Anyway I wish you luck!

• Content Count:  13

Hi there.

You may add me as friend any time.

I am older. Early SS retired due to obama care cost increases. Originally a Brit.

I am head of a housefull of nine in Ky. Wife and seven kids. Youngest is 3. Oldest with us is my wife's 17 year old.

I am often lonely! Have always been a loner. Travelled extensively as a controls engineer. Have some hair raising stories and anecdotes.

Have had serious dissappointments during my life as have most. Some I have yet to deal with completely.

In endeavouring to forgive a certain issue, I have unearthed/remembered and pieced together so much info about the issue (a personal one) that periods of devastatingly tearful lonliness sometimes threaten to swallow me up.

One reason I feel so isolated at times is my ability to see right thru something - see if it is real or a hoax, or a deception. I have experienced the blackness of the adversary and his minions first hand. My wife, a former witch, has also travelled this perilous road. It is treacherous and paved with pain, sorrow, grief and destruction.

How I ever survived thus far is a miracle. I can comiserate generally if not specifically on a plethora of circumstances. I might be of help. At very least I am a serious listener.

All I really know is Yeshua (Jesus) God's Messiah, and Him crucified.

Peace brother!