• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  326
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

:halo:Blessings,

I found this of great interest,in reading,I shall return,take notes.And also take part in scripture...Ive always found ,interest in the (2 witnesses..,,

ty,,,(Dove

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.03
  • Days Won:  5

Hello Zion,

If we take what we know and apply it, the identity of the two witnesses would be Enoch and Elijah.  They are the only two people in all of scripture that did not die.  And scripture is clear that all will die a natural death.  They also explain the two olive trees and lampstands, Enoch (Gentile), and Elijah (Jew).

They will be resurrected at the first resurrection along with all the saints, God bless you.

Hi Wingnut

Have you considered Elijah instead of Enoch?

2 Kings 2:11   And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Elijah was taken up alive.  Elijah was given the power stop the rain, and make fire come down from heaven.

And then we have this confirmed;

Malachi 4:5   Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

To me it looks like Elijah will be one of the two witnesses who will be sent.  In fact there's not an ounce of doubt here for me.

Now, have you considered Moses?

Moses was not taken up alive, but the Devil fought God's angel over his body.

Jude 1:9   Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

Why would the Devil want Moses' dead body?

The only thing I can think of is that he knows well ahead of what events are to take place before Christ returns, and despite his attempts, he cannot break God's Word, ......for all that is written shall be fulfilled.

Moses was given the power through God to send plagues.  He was the first man to display God's power as a testimony to the whole nation of Egypt, and the Hebrew people.

The acts of Moses went down in history, as his name never faded out.

Moses was used to introduce the True God to the Israelites.  He was used to set the first laws down which would make Israel a separate unique nation from the rest of the world.

Moses was the first Witness to Israel.

To me it makes sense that Israel's first Witness will be their last also.  This would be a very powerful witness for Israel.

I don't think it would be too hard for God to raise Moses from the dead into a flesh body, so he can be killed again, nor too hard to preserve Elijah for his end time purpose.

There's always a possibility that I could be wrong, but for me, the scriptures point in the direction that the two witnesses (2 prophets) will be Elijah and Moses.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Hello Zion,

If we take what we know and apply it, the identity of the two witnesses would be Enoch and Elijah.  They are the only two people in all of scripture that did not die.  And scripture is clear that all will die a natural death.  They also explain the two olive trees and lampstands, Enoch (Gentile), and Elijah (Jew).

They will be resurrected at the first resurrection along with all the saints, God bless you.

Hi Wingnut

2 Kings 2:11   And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

Elijah was taken up alive.  Elijah was given the power stop the rain, and make fire come down from heaven.

Malachi 4:5   Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

To me it looks like Elijah will be one of the two witnesses who will be sent.  In fact there's not an ounce of doubt here for me.

Jude 1:9   Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

The only thing I can think of is that he knows well ahead of what events are to take place before Christ returns, and despite his attempts, he cannot break God's Word, ......for all that is written shall be fulfilled.

Moses was given the power through God to send plagues.  He was the first man to display God's power as a testimony to the whole nation of Egypt, and the Hebrew people.

Moses was used to introduce the True God to the Israelites.  He was used to set the first laws down which would make Israel a separate unique nation from the rest of the world.

To me it makes sense that Israel's first Witness will be their last also.  This would be a very powerful witness for Israel.

I don't think it would be too hard for God to raise Moses from the dead into a flesh body, so he can be killed again, nor too hard to preserve Elijah for his end time purpose.

There's always a possibility that I could be wrong, but for me, the scriptures point in the direction that the two witnesses (2 prophets) will be Elijah and Moses.

Hi Sister,

I too believe it will be Moses & Elijah.

My reason is that Enoch was from the old world before the flood .. that is, Enoch was not an Israelite but Moses & Elijah were since no Israel existed before the flood except in God's intentions .. knowing that God declares the end at the beginning that is.

God bless.

• Followers:  39
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Hello Zion,

Hi Wingnut

Yes, I have considered Moses, but Moses died.  And it is appointed once for man to die, not twice.  Also, Moses was not allowed to enter the promised land because he made the Lord angry.  Plus, Enoch is brought into the end times discussion by Jude, and Enoch does not come up much so it seems odd that Jude would point to a prophecy that is not found in our bible.  Elijah we agree on.  Ultimately for me though, when I look through all of scripture, and there are only two people that did not die, they have to be the two.  We don't know much about Enoch, but we do know that his faith was strong enough that God took him.

Keep in mind also, the two witnesses are not coming for the Jews, they are coming for the world.  The Jews will be off in the wilderness, Jerusalem is given over to the Gentiles, and the two witnesses are in Jerusalem, not in the wilderness with the remnant.

• Followers:  39
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Hello Zion,

Hi Wingnut

Hi Sister,

My reason is that Enoch was from the old world before the flood .. that is, Enoch was not an Israelite but Moses & Elijah were since no Israel existed before the flood except in God's intentions .. knowing that God declares the end at the beginning that is.

God bless.

That presents a problem for the two olive trees doesn't it, both of them being Jews?  To me that is one of the strongest cases for it being Enoch, because he was a Gentile.  But the most compelling is that Enoch and Elijah are the only two people that have not died, they still owe a natural death.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Content Count:  13,239
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Sister,

Just popping in & I agree with you. The 2 witnesses have witnessed things of Christ & they are telling of Him to Israel, so they can receive their Messiah. I always try & think of God`s purpose so that the details will then flow from that.

Bless you, Marilyn.

:halo:Blessings,

I found this of great interest,in reading,I shall return,take notes.And also take part in scripture...Ive always found ,interest in the (2 witnesses..,,

ty,,,(Dove

Hello and blessings to you too 7Dove77.

Look forward to you joining in on this wonderful topic.

Hi Sister,

Just popping in & I agree with you. The 2 witnesses have witnessed things of Christ & they are telling of Him to Israel, so they can receive their Messiah. I always try & think of God`s purpose so that the details will then flow from that.

Bless you, Marilyn.

Thank you Marilyn

I have been reading your replies here and there and see you have a keen eye for truth!

Some of the things you have mentioned on here have absolutely blown me away!

Many of you guys here in fact have so much knowledge, and even though I don't say much, or give my input to many posts, I feel a sense of warmth inside me just witnessing all the wonderful things God has shown you all.

Truly, you guys have moved on from the milk and are right into the solids.

God bless you too Marilyn.

Hi Sister,

God bless.

Hi Serving

Excellent point.  That makes so much sense!

Yes, I have considered Moses, but Moses died.  And it is appointed once for man to die, not twice.  Also, Moses was not allowed to enter the promised land because he made the Lord angry.  Plus, Enoch is brought into the end times discussion by Jude, and Enoch does not come up much so it seems odd that Jude would point to a prophecy that is not found in our bible.  Elijah we agree on.  Ultimately for me though, when I look through all of scripture, and there are only two people that did not die, they have to be the two.  We don't know much about Enoch, but we do know that his faith was strong enough that God took him.

Keep in mind also, the two witnesses are not coming for the Jews, they are coming for the world.  The Jews will be off in the wilderness, Jerusalem is given over to the Gentiles, and the two witnesses are in Jerusalem, not in the wilderness with the remnant.

Hi Wingnut

Yes it is appointed once for a man to die, that's what the scriptures state, but in my opinion, that is the general rule for all men..... but with a few exceptions.

Take Lazarus for example, ...he was "raised from the dead", not "resurrected".  Lazarus was not raised to spirit, but back to his former position - flesh.  He died again although it doesn't state.

..And all the others Jesus raised from the dead....they died again.  Well it doesn't state this clearly but I am assuming, because Jesus was the first one to be "resurrected", the others could not have been.  They just simply had the breath of life put back into them.  Lazarus' body was decaying also, but this was no problem for Christ.

So would you agree that these examples break that general rule of a man only dying once?  I say they died twice.

Moses will die twice also, ....just that he had a long gap before being "raised from the dead"  His body well and truly decayed.

Elijah having not died, will however experience death for the first time when the two of them are killed.

There's a big difference between being just "raised from the dead", and "resurrected".  Once resurrected, one can never die again, nor have to live in this material world.

I don't think it's impossible for God to perform anything if it serves his purpose.

That's just my view Wingnut, ....you don't have to agree with me, but I have really been thinking about this for some time and think it's worth a discussion!

Always a pleasure to talk with you.

God bless.

Archived