Definitely Number 1. 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

You know, I often think about "sola scriptura".  Yes, I think the Word of God is inerrant, but I also believe God speaks to us in parables. Jesus spoke to His followers in parables and stories many times in order to teach a larger life lesson, and when Moses wrote Genesis, for instance, I imagine that God explained the creation of the universe in ways Moses would understand.  He also explained it in ways to help us "current folks" to apply His story to current science and understand it all the better.  In my own heart, I can't really apply a literal translation to all the Word because it seems so limiting to my God of Israel Who is limitless.  

Not saying I'm right!  Just saying this is where i'm at in my journey with faith to this point.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

This thread drives me nuts to read the title when looking down through the threads:

Where do you fall????/     all that goes through my mind is    In the hall, crossing the street, on the sidewalk by the hotel in the living room last night.

I have a tendency to fall due to an old Air Force injury....

on the serious side of that question though, I would say #1 pertaining to the original writings of scripture.     I can't say that I would  agree with it concerning translations.   I surely can't agree with #2, and #3 seems to be a contradiction within itself.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

# 1 for sure for me. There are things that I don't understand on why they are wrong or sinful but I know it is Gods word and scripture is clear on it being wrong...so it is wrong whether I agree or not. Sorry if this didn't make sense I'm getting tired.