• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Wingnut

Dear Brother, the dictionary definition is just generalising.  It doesnt go into specifics.

Lets see what Jesus said;

Luke 20:35   But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

Luke 20:36   Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

Romans 6:5   For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

1 Corinthians 15:42   So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

1.  Jesus confirms that those who have partaken in "the Resurrection from the dead"  cannot marry.  These are called "the children of the resurrection."

The Israelites will be marrying because they will be producing children.

So please compare.

2.  Those in "the Resurrection from the dead" cannot die anymore. 

The Israelites will live a ripe old age to a hundred, and they will die again.

So please compare.

3.  Jesus was raised in a Spiritual body.  He went to sit on the right hand side of his Father.  He has returned to heaven and we will have access to heaven also, because we had inherited everything that belongs to the Father at the Resurrection

The Israelites are on the earth in the flesh, they will not be visiting heaven, but will be learning and worshiping here on earth.  They have not inherited all that belongs to the Father yet, ....but will  at the 2nd resurrection

So please compare.

4.  When we are raised in the "resurrection" we will be raised in "incorruption".  We will be raised spirit.  Perfect.

The Israelites that will be "raised from the dead" will not be raised in incorruption, as they will get old again, and will die.  They will still be raised in "corruption" - Speaking of only their flesh of course.

Please compare all these scriptures, because this is how we discern them.  The Word gives us clarity.  I didn't make them up, I'm just showing you where it states.

Hello sister,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have not been well of late.  We are in complete agreement regarding the issue of the resurrection spoken of in Revelation, which are in regards to all of the scripture you have provided.  The resurrection to a glorified body is not the same as the other resurrections I was speaking of.  However, they are exactly the same as the resurrection you are speaking of in regards to the Jews.  People who died a natural death, were brought back to life, and then die another natural death.

Maybe I am reading you wrong, but it looks like you are trying to say that this Jewish resurrection is the same as the resurrection of the dead in Revelation 20?  If that is the case, you are forgetting that this resurrection takes place after the millenium.  John wrote of two resurrections, one at the outset of the millenium, which includes those resurrected to a glorified body.  Then one after the millenium, which is referred to as the resurrection of the dead.  Either way, neither of those two resurrections can possibly fit your scenario.  So what you have is this, a resurrection of one nationality that takes place prior to the millenium which John did not mention.

I also wanted to point out your mentioning that these Jewish folk would die at a hundred years.  Are you referring to the passage in Isaiah 65?  If that is the case, then I think you need to take another look at that verse, it states that anyone who dies at 100 would be thought accursed.  All indications are that these people will live a lot longer than 100 years.

Isaiah 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

So, if someone is considered a child at 100, how long do you suspect they will live?  Break it down in this fashion, if today one makes it to a hundred that is considered a long life.  One tenth of a hundred is ten years old, which would be considered a child, right?  Now, one tenth of 1,000 is 100, which according to that verse, is the age of a child in that time.  So, it is the same scale.  And by that scale, it is completely plausible that people who adhere to the truth in that time period will live for the duration of the millenium.

To further expound on the problem with this thought process, look at what is said in the previous verse.

Isaiah 65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

No more weeping or crying heard in Jerusalem, ever, for the duration of the time period in question.  Now, either this group you speak of will not die any natural deaths, or all of a sudden people will lose their compassion and love for others during the millenium.  Which do you find more likely?  Scripture to me is fairly clear about when there will be no more weeping, and it follows the Great White Throne judgement and the millenium, which should make it fairly clear that everything following verse 17 in this chapter is speaking about eternity.  God bless you.

• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

Hi Wingut

I hope you are well now.

I think you are reading me wrong.

Yes two resurrections.  The first one at the Coming, and the second one a thousand years later.

The Jews who will be brought back in the kingdom of God is not before the millennium, but during.

The system of Babylon has to be destroyed first, kings will have their dominions taken off them, and Satan has to be locked up and put away for a while.

....Then the kingdom of God in Jerusalem will be set up.  Of the remnants of Israel who survive Armageddon, only the "elected" ones will be chosen and rounded up, and the ones in the grave will be raised from the dead. I don't expect it to all happen during the first day of the millennium, but it will happen soon after the kingdom in Jerusalem is set up and established.

For the record, this bringing in of Israel is not part of the resurrection of the saints (1st resurrection), nor part of the second (a 1000 years later)

It's in between.  This is part of the 1000 years and the part I am talking about.

It involves a raising of the dead (Israel) out of their graves yes, but not a resurrection where one cannot die again, because they will. They are flesh.

And this is the whole difference.  THEY ARE FLESH!

I also wanted to point out your mentioning that these Jewish folk would die at a hundred years.  Are you referring to the passage in Isaiah 65?  If that is the case, then I think you need to take another look at that verse, it states that anyone who dies at 100 would be thought accursed.  All indications are that these people will live a lot longer than 100 years.

Isaiah 65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

This shows us that during the 1000 year reign, people are going to live longer.  A child or a man is not going to be taken before his time.

Those who disobey will still live a long life but will die cursed.  This would be referring to those living outside the Kingdom's boundaries.

Those inside will not be cursed, but blessed. They will all be filled with the holy spirit.

It's going to be a very different time Wingnut.

Don't picture this 1000 years anything like we see today.  It's a rest period from the enemy.

Even for the gentiles living outside the kingdom. 

There is no oppression,

but if the gentiles break the rules, they will not gain salvation, and that is the curse.

To further expound on the problem with this thought process, look at what is said in the previous verse.

Isaiah 65:19 And I will rejoice in Jerusalem, and joy in my people: and the voice of weeping shall be no more heard in her, nor the voice of crying.

No more weeping or crying heard in Jerusalem, ever, for the duration of the time period in question.  Now, either this group you speak of will not die any natural deaths, or all of a sudden people will lose their compassion and love for others during the millenium.  Which do you find more likely?  Scripture to me is fairly clear about when there will be no more weeping, and it follows the Great White Throne judgement and the millenium, which should make it fairly clear that everything following verse 17 in this chapter is speaking about eternity.  God bless you.

There will not be any sadness inside the kingdom's headquarters in Jerusalem.  Inside the kingdom will be full of joy.  This is a promise by the Lord of Hosts.

There is no oppression, only truth.  They will not weep and cry over the death of someone ,....because they have truth.  They know he will be raised in the 2nd resurrection.

When one has the truth he handles things differently. 

Where there is certainty, there will be joy, and not a mourning.

Their salvation is secured and they will die old.

They will not die young, or from disease or a calamity.

They will die a full age, and everyone will know when their time is approaching.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Hi Wingut

I hope you are well now.

I think you are reading me wrong.

Yes two resurrections.  The first one at the Coming, and the second one a thousand years later.

The Jews who will be brought back in the kingdom of God is not before the millennium, but during.

The system of Babylon has to be destroyed first, kings will have their dominions taken off them, and Satan has to be locked up and put away for a while.

....Then the kingdom of God in Jerusalem will be set up.  Of the remnants of Israel who survive Armageddon, only the "elected" ones will be chosen and rounded up, and the ones in the grave will be raised from the dead. I don't expect it to all happen during the first day of the millennium, but it will happen soon after the kingdom in Jerusalem is set up and established.

For the record, this bringing in of Israel is not part of the resurrection of the saints (1st resurrection), nor part of the second (a 1000 years later)

It's in between.  This is part of the 1000 years and the part I am talking about.

It involves a raising of the dead (Israel) out of their graves yes, but not a resurrection where one cannot die again, because they will. They are flesh.

And this is the whole difference.  THEY ARE FLESH!

Hello sister,

I am improving, still working on getting back to 100%, but thank you.  Ok, so now that we have clarified a few things I will get back to the main issue here.  First, we both agree that there are two resurrections spoken of by John, and neither of them involve this resurrection you are speaking of.  So back to the main question, where does John write about this resurrection?

There will not be any sadness inside the kingdom's headquarters in Jerusalem.  Inside the kingdom will be full of joy.  This is a promise by the Lord of Hosts.

There is no oppression, only truth.  They will not weep and cry over the death of someone ,....because they have truth.  They know he will be raised in the 2nd resurrection.

They will die a full age, and everyone will know when their time is approaching.

Ok, so I have a few questions in regards to this statement.  First off, who does this include in your estimation?  Is it just the revived Jews living in the headquarters?   Where do you think the individuals from the first resurrection who will be reigning with Christ are?  It seems to me that there would be a logistical problem in trying to fit everyone inside of present day Jerusalem.

The second issue is with your assertion that people will somehow not care all of a sudden if their parent dies, and that mourning the loss of a loved one would cease to exist.  Do Christians today not have the truth and yet still mourn the loss of a loved one, even one they know they will see in heaven again someday?  I fail to see a difference.  The facts according to scripture are that no more crying doesn't come until after the judgement.  I realize that is problematic for those who hold to a literal thousand years, but it is one of the reasons why I do not see this as a literal thousand years.

Hi Wingnut

You wont find John writing of this in Revelations.  You will need to go to Ezekiel, Isaiah, Jeremiah just to name a few.

Something just came to my mind.  I am editing this which I posted over an hour ago.

God does not want to encourage Israel to strive for this millennium period, to be one of those chosen and brought back in the flesh.

This would put them at ease.  "ooh well, at least we will be brought back"

NO. it is only by election, not all of them will get in.  The majority who will be chosen would be those who never heard of Christ and died before he was sent.  There will be some remnants left from Armageddon, and I would say not many, but a small handful, for the gospel has been preached already for over two thousand years.

God wants all of us to strive for the first resurrection.  To be in complete truth and acceptance of our Lord Jesus Christ, that he is the only access to the Father, and to live by his will.

This is the message of the gospel, to be ready when our King returns, fully clothed, fully repented, full of the truth, and not in darkness.  This is the message.  After we receive the milk, contained in the gospels, we have to go outside of the gospels and into the prophecies and start eating solid food. This is where our real armour comes in, for God will reveal the tricks of the devil, and by giving us "the full truth" of what is to come upon the world, including us,  we have a weapon that we can use against the oppressor, which will deliver us from being deceived when the big delusion comes at the end times, ...which is soon, for our generation.

This will complete our knowledge in the plan of God, and fill us up with the oil we need to sustain.  This is the one to aim for.

John only wrote about the camp of the saints being attacked after the thousand years in Rev.

This is them in that camp which I mentioned - the house of Israel.

Ezekiel 37:4   Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
 Ezekiel 37:5   Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
 Ezekiel 37:6   And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 37:8   And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them.
 Ezekiel 37:9   Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
 Ezekiel 37:10   So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
 Ezekiel 37:11   Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
 Ezekiel 37:12   Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
 Ezekiel 37:13   And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
 Ezekiel 37:14   And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.

Isaiah 49:6   And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

Here is a glimpse of that camp of the saints/kingdom in Isaiah during that 1000 years;

Isaiah 11:6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid, and the calf and the young lions and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them.
Isaiah 11:7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.
Isaiah 11:8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice's den.
Isaiah 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

Isaiah 11:10   And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isaiah 11:12 And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Jeremiah 31:9 They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn.

Ok, so I have a few questions in regards to this statement.  First off, who does this include in your estimation?  Is it just the revived Jews living in the headquarters? 

Yes, just Israel brought back and placed into that camp, ....selected out of all the nations.

The job needs to be finished.  All for God's glory, for his names sake.  He will finish what he started.

There will be some gentiles living there also, but as servants of the Israelites.

The gentiles will not be raised out of their graves.  They will be of the new generations born.

Where do you think the individuals from the first resurrection who will be reigning with Christ are? 

They will be in that camp with them, governing over them as kings and priests, teaching them, leading them.

The saints wont be playing harps all day, but will be doing the Lords work of course, they will be busy.

Everything is done for God's glory, and the glory of the Lamb.

This is his purpose for the millennium, to bring Israel back to God and give them truth,

and in turn use Israel to preach truth to the gentiles living outside the holy camp.

In the past Israel has done the opposite.  God is going to turn everything upside down and put it right.

No more corrupt leaders, ...this nation called by God's name is going to be restored and they will produce their own leaders who will govern according to the Word of the Lord.

....but they have to be taught truth first, and be guided on how to set up a fair, holy, and righteous system, so this is where Christ and the saints come in to it - to help them, and establish them in righteousness.

I see the saints today appear to want all the glory for themselves.  They think that it stops at them, that they are the highlight?

No, God has more children to bring in. His plan is not finished yet at the Coming, it continues and there's more prophecy to be fulfilled here.

Again, this is all for God's glory and the glory of the Lamb, and the doctrine that was delivered to us, that is was true and leads to life everlasting and everything that he spoke will be performed.

It seems to me that there would be a logistical problem in trying to fit everyone inside of present day Jerusalem.

Israel's borders will be enlarged.

All the steps that Abraham walked, will be the borders of the kingdom.

In Rev it gives the dimensions which converts to approx 2220 km square.  Holy Jerusalem.  It's the camp of the saints, same thing.  It has boundaries.

Revelation 21:16   And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

The second issue is with your assertion that people will somehow not care all of a sudden if their parent dies, and that mourning the loss of a loved one would cease to exist.  Do Christians today not have the truth and yet still mourn the loss of a loved one, even one they know they will see in heaven again someday?  I fail to see a difference.  The facts according to scripture are that no more crying doesn't come until after the judgement.  I realize that is problematic for those who hold to a literal thousand years,

You are still thinking carnally.  You are still picturing pain, sadness, despair, loss.

They will be flesh yes, but inside them they are walking according to the Spirit of the Lord.

If you know someone who is 100 years old, you are already expecting them to die soon, right?

Or are you expecting them to live for 600 years, maybe forever?

Why should it be a big shock when that 100 year old person dies?

Would you mourn and cry and say Why Lord? Why?

If the Lord says there will be no weeping or sorrow in the kingdom for a thousand years, then I trust him what he says is true.

If we can't see the purpose of the 1000 years, then how can we even see the small details?

but it is one of the reasons why I do not see this as a literal thousand years.

The writing is on the wall.  Keep searching brother, and may the Lord reveal it to you.

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  608
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

- The Literal 1,000 yr reign is for establishing The Davidic Kingdom on earth.

* Isaiah 9:6,7 - Rev.19:16

* Matt.19:28 - Rev.20:4

* Rev.5:10

* Rev.14

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,957
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0

Reply to the OP