"one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I see you still don't want to address the main issue that renders all your secondary arguments pointless.

Isaiah 34  Draw near, O nations, to hear; and listen, O peoples!
Let the earth and all it contains hear, and the world and all that springs from it.
For the Lord’s indignation is against all the nations,
And His wrath against all their armies;
He has utterly destroyed them,
He has given them over to slaughter.

So their slain will be thrown out,
And their corpses will give off their stench,
And the mountains will be drenched with their blood.

Hello again inchrist,

You are really confused here, and are apparently having a hard time even following the discussion we are having, which is far less complex than the actual topic is.  Below are two of your statements from the last post, to illustrate what I mean.

Comment #1    as YOU not I who brought up the notion that Jesus is going to be in different places in at the same time....

Comment #2    yet you expect all nations to fit into the valley that is called "Armageddon"

Comment number one would be correct, comment number two I have no clue where you come up with.  So, either you are confused, or you think by creating confusion as to what I clearly state will somehow make your theory more believable.  As to your suggestion that I derail someone else's thread by having a discussion about the millenium when their intent is to discuss the rapture specifically, no thank you.  Your theory will be no more believable there than it is here, or in any other thread you attempt to sell it in.

you will notice that Jesus touches down  in Bozrah

No, actually Jesus touches down on the Mount of Olives, as specifically stated by Zechariah in chapter 14.  Nowhere in the prophecies given by Isaiah does it ever state anything about Him "touching down" there, that is your misunderstanding.

Zechariah 14:4 In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will be split in its middle from east to west by a very large valley, so that half of the mountain will move toward the north and the other half toward the south.

If we follow this chronologically which your doing, then everything from  (Isaiah 34:1-4)  must occur before the 6th seal

Incorrect.  You are confused here as well, Jesus tells us Himself that the sun goes dark, the moon blood red, and the stars fall from the sky, prior to His return, not after.

Matthew 24:29 “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory.

Now, to get back to the actual topic of the thread, let me just offer you one example of many that shows you are in error as to your theory.  According to you, Jesus arrives in Bozrah first, so once again let's establish the facts of the prophecy and who it is for.

Let the earth and all it contains hear, and the world and all that springs from it.

Now, according to your theory, if this is His first stop, all the nations and all their armies are utterly destroyed in Bozrah.  So, there will be no Armageddon, or any other battle according to your theory because at this point there is no one left to fight them.  Now let's take a look at some highlights from a specific prophesy in regards to Babylon.

Isaiah 13:A sound of tumult on the mountains,
Like that of many people!
A sound of the uproar of kingdoms,
Of nations gathered together!
The Lord of hosts is mustering the army for battle.
They are coming from a far country,
From the farthest horizons,
The Lord and His instruments of indignation,
To destroy the whole land.

Isaiah 13:Behold, the day of the Lord is coming,
Cruel, with fury and burning anger,
To make the land a desolation;
And He will exterminate its sinners from it.
10 For the stars of heaven and their constellations
Will not flash forth their light;
The sun will be dark when it rises
And the moon will not shed its light.

Isaiah 13:13 Therefore I will make the heavens tremble,
And the earth will be shaken from its place
At the fury of the Lord of hosts
In the day of His burning anger.

Isaiah 13:19 And Babylon, the beauty of kingdoms, the glory of the Chaldeans’ pride,
Will be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.

Do you see the problem here for you and your theory?  This isn't possible by your scenario, the nation of Babylon is in Bozrah along with all the other nations and all their armies.  The day of the Lord, no sun, no moon, no stars, same day, different geographic location.  I could post many more examples regarding the same day in other geographic locations as well, but to keep things simple, how about the following one which covers everything.

Isaiah 24  Behold, the Lord lays the earth waste, devastates it, distorts its surface and scatters its inhabitants. And the people will be like the priest, the servant like his master, the maid like her mistress, the buyer like the seller, the lender like the borrower, the creditor like the debtor. The earth will be completely laid waste and completely despoiled, for the Lord has spoken this word. 4 The earth mourns and withers, the world fades and withers, the exalted of the people of the earth fade away. The earth is also polluted by its inhabitants, for they transgressed laws, violated statutes, broke the everlasting covenant. Therefore, a curse devours the earth, and those who live in it are held guilty. Therefore, the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men are left.

Isaiah 24:11 There is an outcry in the streets concerning the wine;
All joy turns to gloom.
The gaiety of the earth is banished.
12 Desolation is left in the city
And the gate is battered to ruins.
13 For thus it will be in the midst of the earth among the peoples,
As the shaking of an olive tree,
As the gleanings when the grape harvest is over.

Isaiah 24:18 Then it will be that he who flees the report of disaster will fall into the pit,
And he who climbs out of the pit will be caught in the snare;
For the windows above are opened, and the foundations of the earth shake.
19 The earth is broken asunder,
The earth is split through,
The earth is shaken violently.

20 The earth reels to and fro like a drunkard
And it totters like a shack,
For its transgression is heavy upon it,
And it will fall, never to rise again.
21 So it will happen in that day,
That the Lord will punish the host of heaven on high,
And the kings of the earth on earth.
22 They will be gathered together
Like prisoners in the dungeon,
And will be confined in prison;
And after many days they will be punished.
23 Then the moon will be abashed and the sun ashamed,
For the Lord of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem,
And His glory will be before His elders.

Now, I am sure you will disregard all of this, and most likely try to claim that this will take place after your thousand year theory.  Before you waste your time, pay close attention to this particular verse.

Isaiah 24:21 So it will happen in that day,
That the Lord will punish the host of heaven on high,
And the kings of the earth on earth.

The reason you need to pay attention to this verse is simple.  If it were possible for this to be after a thousand year reign, then you need to be reminded of exactly who the kings of the earth would be at that time.

Revelation 20:Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Sorry, no punishment forthcoming for those who are blessed and holy, and obviously there will be no punishment for Jesus, the King of Kings.  And there is no possibility for a thousand years after the earth is done away with as is so clearly spelled out in Isaiah 24.  Your thousand year theory, as well as your Bozrah first theory are not even remotely possible given just these two prophesies alone.

And out of all this rubbish you still don’t answer my question?

My post was roughly 75% scripture and you call it rubbish, interesting.  As I have stated exhaustively, I have responded to your question at least a half dozen times, and I won't be acknowledging it again, go back and read my earlier responses because it hasn't changed.

But that’s not my theory

But it is your theory.  You have made it clear that according to you, Jesus goes to Bozrah first, correct?  The prophesy states that it is for all the nations, and all their armies.  It states that they will be utterly destroyed.  You then specifically stated that everyone is going to fit into Jordan, see your comment below.

Tell me something its seems hard for you to believe for all nations to fit into Jordan which is 89,342 km²

So, if all the nations and all their armies are utterly destroyed in His first stop as you claim, who is left?  Deductive reasoning says, no one.  That means, there is nothing to follow, because everyone was utterly destroyed there.  I am not putting words in your mouth, I am simply responding to the words you choose to post and pointing out the impossibility of what you suggest.

If you are reading attitude in my posts, it is simply how you choose to read them, because I don't have an attitude, and I have not made any personal attacks.  Pointing out that you must be confused when you make contradictory statements two sentences apart is not personal, it is called clarification as to what I actually said versus what I didn't say.

Wingnut

I just explained it to you that Isaiah 34:1-4 is not chronological...

Hello again inchrist,

If the first three verses of this prophecy did not go with the prophecy, then they wouldn't be there.  Basically what you are doing is piecing scripture around your theory rather than piecing your theory around scripture.

Isaiah 34:And all the host of heaven will wear away,

And the sky will be rolled up like a scroll;

All their hosts will also wither away

As a leaf withers from the vine,

Or as one withers from the fig tree.

Is the above day the same as the day below?

Isaiah 13:10 For the stars of heaven and their constellations

Will not flash forth their light;

The sun will be dark when it rises

And the moon will not shed its light.

Are they the same as this day?

Isaiah 24:23 Then the moon will be abashed and the sun ashamed,

For the Lord of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem,

And His glory will be before His elders.

Exactly how many times can the sky be rolled up like a scroll?  Consider the scripture I am about to offer.

Isaiah 34:And all the host of heaven will wear away,

And the sky will be rolled up like a scroll;

All their hosts will also wither away

As a leaf withers from the vine,

Or as one withers from the fig tree.

Revelation 6:14 The sky was split apart like a scroll when it is rolled up, and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

Revelation 20:11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.

hence Jesus is sent first to Bozrah to collect the tent of Judah personally and then marches to Jerusalem

Isaiah disagrees with your theory, take a look at the following prophesy.

Isaiah 11:10 Then in that day

The nations will resort to the root of Jesse,

Who will stand as a signal for the peoples;

And His resting place will be glorious.

11 Then it will happen on that day that the Lord

Will again recover the second time with His hand

The remnant of His people, who will remain,

From Assyria, Egypt, Pathros, Cush, Elam, Shinar, Hamath,

And from the islands of the sea.

12 And He will lift up a standard for the nations

And assemble the banished ones of Israel,

And will gather the dispersed of Judah

From the four corners of the earth.

No mention of Bozrah, no mention of Edom.  He will gather them from the four corners of the earth.  And furthermore, you are neglecting to understand the divine nature of our Lord by claiming He will be marching around.  He is not man, He does not carry out war like men do, this is how He does it.

Isaiah 14:26 This is the plan devised against the whole earth; and this is the hand that is stretched out against all the nations. 27 For the Lord of hosts has planned, and who can frustrate it? And as for His stretched-out hand, who can turn it back?”

Isaiah 30:33 For Topheth has long been ready, Indeed, it has been prepared for the king. He has made it deep and large, A pyre of fire with plenty of wood; The breath of the Lord, like a torrent of brimstone, sets it afire.

Isaiah 40:7  The grass withers, the flower fades, When the breath of the Lord blows upon it; Surely the people are grass.

II Thessalonians 2:8 Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;

The passage from II Thessalonians says it all doesn't it?  The lawless one will be slain by the breath of His mouth at the appearance of His coming.  Where is the lawless one?  Not in Bozrah.  So you see, what I am trying to explain to you comes from scripture, and not by my construction.

Wingnut

Well the same applies to Isaiah 34 are all nations killed before Bozrah or are all nations killed after Bozrah? If all nations are killed before Bozrah well then there wouldnt be any one let to fight in Edom ; ) then where oh where would this great slaughter in Edom come from?

Hello again inchrist,

If everyone is killed in Bozrah (according to you the first stop), then there is no one left to fight in all the other battles which you claim follow this.  As I have clearly stated unwaveringly, these events all happen simultaneously.  What is pointless is to argue that all nations and all their armies can be destroyed in one location, and then there are more battles to follow.

So now your placing the Rev 6:14 which is the 6th seal after the 7th seal at the great white throne judgement?

NO.  Not even remotely close to what I said.

Micah 2:12-13. After God has gathered them he will put them in Bozrah

Micah 2:12 “I will surely assemble all of you, Jacob,

I will surely gather the remnant of Israel.

I will put them together like sheep in the fold;

Like a flock in the midst of its pasture

They will be noisy with men.

13 “The breaker goes up before them;

They break out, pass through the gate and go out by it.

So their king goes on before them,

And the Lord at their head.”

Really?  I don't see anything about Judah or Bozrah in the above verses.  What I see mentioned is the remnant of Israel going out by the gate as they follow Jesus.  However, according to Isaiah, this is what they are instructed to do as the wrath takes place, which is contradictory to the idea that the Lord would gather them and place them in the midst of it.

Isaiah 26: 20 Come, my people, enter into your rooms

And close your doors behind you;

Hide for a little while

Until indignation runs its course.

21 For behold, the Lord is about to come out from His place

To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;

And the earth will reveal her bloodshed

And will no longer cover her slain.

Then why do we see God marching from heaven to earth on a white horse with an army?

We don't, what I see is Jesus coming out of heaven riding a white horse with an army following Him.

I'm failing to see how the verses you provided shows God is incapable of marching.

I never said God is incapable of anything, and what those verses display is that He doesn't need to go marching around like man's armies.  He brought everything into existence with His breath and He will destroy it in the same manner.

By the way your rendering of your verse II Thessalonians is not accurate and I never said the antichrist is killed in Bozrah, it's the first of many battles.

No, my rendering of the verse from II Thessalonians is precisely what the verse states.  The lawless one will come to an end at the appearance of His coming, not after Bozrah, simultaneously.  And since the lawless one is in Megiddo, it is contrary to your rendering.

Rev 19:20 shows the antichrist is captured first, then will have a fair trial and then thrown into the lake of fire.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone.

Sorry, the verse says nothing about a trial.  He will be seized and thrown into the lake of fire, there is absolutely no scripture to support the artistic license you have a habit of taking with scripture.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

We are not ignorant of Satan's devices or are we? I know that I have suffered greatly from dogma that sought to place me in opposition to the truth by stringent definition of doctrine without reguard to the truth about God. Wasn't Abtahams very life used as allegory? His litteral and true life he lived being also allegorical? Now does that mean everything is? I for one can honestly say I don't know. The poll asks you to pick litteral or figurative without an option for both.

I once had a problem that I deemed needed a solution so I laid it out before God and asked for Him to help through option a,b or c. My friend asked what about d? I said d? I see no option d! To which he replied your also not God.

I have no frame of reference for understanding the true depth and weight of that which is written in the scriptures concerning these things.

Is it litteral? Could be.

is it figurative? Could be.

Is it both? Could be.

Is it even more? Could be.

God knows ;)

Love is the answer always. Love stands in the gap. My spiritual advisor sat me down and listened to me when I was full of prophetic nonsense that was all lies from the evil one and when I finished he simply looked at me and said you may be right but what difference does that make in our job? Does it change our mission? Let us focus on the task at hand which is to win souls unto God and let God sort out the timeline of events to come.

I have rest.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi gdemoss,

I quite understand what you are saying, however we need to balance that position with God`s word, `speaking the truth in love we are to grow up...` (Eph. 4: ) It oftens depends upon our primary gifting as whether we focus on the love (pastoral types) or the truth (teacher types), but God say we need both. So really it is a matter of maturity in Christ & waiting for the Holy Spirit to bring that particular truth to light across the Body as He has done over the past two centuries.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Wingnut,

How dont see how that could be since Bozrah's slaughter takes place during the 6th seal.

Hello again inchrist,

Jesus comes after the 6th seal is opened, the signs given concerning the sun, moon, and stars occur with the opening of the 6th seal.  Jesus says this regarding His coming.

Matthew 24:29 “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory.

Verse 30 is the key here.  After the sun is darkened, the moon is darkened, and the stars fall..... then the sign of Jesus will appear in the sky.  All people will mourn when they see Him coming.  See, coming means He has not arrived yet, He is still on His way, and the fact that He is still in the clouds should make it clear that He is not yet on earth.

The next thing to address is the verse which immediately follows this.

Matthew 24:31 And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

Look again at this verse from my previous post and compare it to the above verse.

Isaiah 11:12 And He will lift up a standard for the nations

And assemble the banished ones of Israel,

And will gather the dispersed of Judah

From the four corners of the earth.

There is only one gathering of the elect, and it happens before Jesus touches down on this earth, it happens in the air.  Now I am familiar with the pre-trib argument which claims the elect referenced in Matthew 24 is speaking only of Jews, but I have never heard anyone try to argue that the elect does not include the Jews at all.  Is that seriously what you are attempting to argue here?

If your answer is no, then you are going to have to acknowledge the fact that the Jews are gathered prior to Jesus reaching the earth, prior to Him arriving anywhere on this planet's surface.  Then in addition, there is this prophecy from Hosea, which should make it abundantly clear that the remnant will not be in Bozrah.

Hosea 1:When she had weaned Lo-ruhamah, she conceived and gave birth to a son. And the Lord said, “Name him Lo-ammi, for you are not My people and I am not your God.”

10 Yet the number of the sons of Israel

Will be like the sand of the sea,

Which cannot be measured or numbered;

And in the place

Where it is said to them,

“You are not My people,”

It will be said to them,

You are the sons of the living God.”

11 And the sons of Judah and the sons of Israel will be gathered together,

And they will appoint for themselves one leader,

And they will go up from the land,

For great will be the day of Jezreel.

Where was it said to them, "You are not my people." ????

Keep in mind that this remnant is not just from that time, it includes Jews right up to the very end.  Did they all hear it in the same place?  Are there not Jewish people all across the globe today?  Consider that in light of the fact that they will be gathered from the four corners of the earth.

Your problem is you think I view the antichrist in Bozrah, see this is more of your assumptions

Ok, so let us establish what you have said as part of your theory.  First stop, Bozrah.  The first three verses belong with the prophecy.

So their slain will be thrown out,

And their corpses will give off their stench,

And the mountains will be drenched with their blood.

If you wish to have further discussions, then you will actually address this question I have asked repeatedly.  If all nations, and all armies are utterly destroyed here, who is left to fight any subsequent battles?

Nope sorry, I went back and I still couldn't find you addressing this specific question of mine

"one who fails to reach a hundred will be considered accursed."

Now either your lying or I owe an apology.

The following is from post #55, page 3 of this thread.

In its entirety, I agree that not all of Isaiah is chronological, but this chapter in particular is absolutely chronological.  And there is absolutely no contradiction in what Isaiah says compared to what John says.  There is no more death in eternity, Isaiah says that very thing in verse 20.

Isaiah 65:20  "No longer will babies die when only a few days old. No longer will adults die before they have lived a full life. No longer will people be considered old at one hundred! Only the cursed will die that young!

What we see following the new heavens and the new earth Isaiah speaks of, is an explanation of eternity using things we understand from our temporal viewpoint.  No one dies, not even the wicked, a hundred years is a blink in the eye of the eternal.  The wicked will only wish they could die.  And the chapter culminates in what is a very clear statement that eliminates the possibility that any of this references the millenium.

Isaiah 65:25 The wolf and the lamb will feed together,

and the lion will eat straw like the ox,

and dust will be the serpent’s food.

They will neither harm nor destroy

on all my holy mountain,

says the Lord.

Animals will not go back to being vegetarians until the former things have passed, and the new has entered.  No one can harm or destroy, which means this will not be followed by the battle of Armageddon.  It also means that there will be no animal sacrifices happening, they will not be harmed or destroyed either, no death.  By this point, it is done.

Now it is not necessary for you to apologize because I already forgave you.  If you wish to demonstrate that you are sorry, then please do not call me a liar again, or imply that I am lying, this is about the sixth time you have done so already, and it is getting old.  If you want to extend an olive branch, it is generally more believable if you cease such behavior, fair enough?

Wingnut

Where lol do you see the word wish in this verse? Only the cursed will die that young! 

Hello again inchrist,

When you take scripture as a whole and facts that are previously established, then it is not so difficult to understand.  Start here.

Luke 16:22 Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham’s bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried out and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.’ 25 But Abraham said, ‘Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.’ 27 And he said, ‘Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father’s house— 28 for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

Sound like a happy fella to you?  Keep in mind, he is not even in the lake of fire yet, which will be even worse for people.  So yeah, it is completely logical to say that the wicked will wish they could die.

Where in the entirety of the bible is a wicked human person given immortality?

It is probably said a thousand times, I can't believe you don't know this much.  Here is one example for you though.

Matthew 25:41 “Then He will also say to those on His left, ‘Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry, and you gave Me nothing to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me nothing to drink; 43 I was a stranger, and you did not invite Me in; naked, and you did not clothe Me; sick, and in prison, and you did not visit Me.’ 44 Then they themselves also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not take care of You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Eternal means forever, as in, never ending.  That is the definition of immortality, really not that complicated.

It is clear you are not reading what I'm writing to you

No, I actually have been reading it, but clearly you don't understand what I write because most of what you had to say doesn't even slightly resemble what I say or believe.  Not to mention you keep stating this happens before the 6th seal even though I keep saying repeatedly it happens after, which is also what the scripture I post displays.  Plus you quote me saying there is no death in the new heavens and then go on some long diatribe about how I think there is, so clearly you do not read what I write, or the very words you choose to quote from me.

In order to establish what I've said, you need to read what I actually wrote to you.

I could quote exactly where you said what I stated you said, but at this point there is no reason to, you don't know what either of us are posting.

It is clear in Isaiah Edom is destroyed during the 6th seal before the 7th seal. just as you have clearly noted Jesus coming during the 6th seal.

Again, not what I said.  I have already posted the scripture which shows when He comes multiple times, and it is not during the 6th seal, it is after.  No point posting it again because you don't read it.  It is also clear that Edom is not destroyed during the 6th seal to me.

Who said all the antichrist  armies are in Bozrah?

The first three verses of chapter 34 state that all the nations and all their armies are destroyed at that point.  It is part of the prophecy despite your attempts to insert an invisible chronology into the text.  I will go with what scripture states, which is not at all what you claim.  I reject your methodology to reconstruct things as you see fit, and I will just go along with what God wrote.  We will just have to agree to disagree on that basis.