• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1989

A believer who does not have the spirit of humbleness always jump into troubles.in all situations,we must be humble. 1.Jesus humbled himself by accepting the offer to die for our sins 2.john the baptist humbled himself by telling peoples that he does not deserve to clean the footwear of christ and also does not deserve to baptize Jesus 3.Jesus humbled again by allowing John to baptize him athough he is the master baptist brethren,remember the bible says we should be humble in other to be exalted,we should not be bossy so as to allow non believers to come close to us since humbleness holds some percentages in the total percentage of God

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Jesus humbled Himself like a slave and washed the disciples feet. He humbled Himself in that He was once in the form of God, but He gave up His power and authority to come as a bondservent of the Father, doing nothing and saying nothing but what His Father said and did. God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.

Are you saying that Baptists shun unblievers and sinners or that they act superior? I have not seen this to be true. Perhaps this has been true in Ghana in your experience?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I am sorry to say that humility isn't the first word that comes to mind when I behold my Christian brothers and sisters, or the second.

That isn't to say, of course, that there aren't any humble Christians.

It seems to me that the opinion Christians -and many other religious people- have of themselves is contradictory. On the one hand they have a rather negative opinion of themselves as they imagine that they have inherited a sinful nature which, unless remedied, will ensure an experience after death which is so unpleasant that it is best left unspecified. If this were the only opinion one has of oneself, a humble disposition would follow almost axiomatically. However, in addition to thinking of oneself as a wretched sinner, born deserving of Hell,  these same people also imagine that the entire universe was constructed with them in mind and that the creator of such fashioned us lowly primates in His image.

This amounts to a maximum of servility coupled with a maximum of solipsism, which, I am sorry to say, doesn't strike me as psychologically healthy. 

Sam

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

Welcome to Worthy Sam. Go to the welcome site to be welcomed by others.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,145
  • Content Per Day:  4.61
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Innocent Stephen

I am not sure what you want to discuss about humility but many people who come to Christ may take a while to receive that fruit of the spirit,they may not instantaneously become that new creature in Christ as we are all a process of repentance,,,,,,not everyone can(or does) immediatley surrender completely & crucify all of their flesh as we would hope.............everyone is different.I know Christians that still battle the spirit of pride & vanity well on in their walk with Christ,our flesh wars against our spirit..............until we receive that new glorified body we will never be perfect

It would be a pretty perfect little scenario if every christian displayed humility,long suffering,patience,meekness etc,,,,,all the time,would'nt it? Well,thanks be to God that it is the Holy Spirit that draws his children unto God & not us-lol      Let us pray that we all do our best to be those ambassadors for Jesus Christ and walk in Spirit & in Truth,Glory to God!                                                                       With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I am sorry to say that humility isn't the first word that comes to mind when I behold my Christian brothers and sisters, or the second.

That isn't to say, of course, that there aren't any humble Christians.

It seems to me that the opinion Christians -and many other religious people- have of themselves is contradictory. On the one hand they have a rather negative opinion of themselves as they imagine that they have inherited a sinful nature which, unless remedied, will ensure an experience after death which is so unpleasant that it is best left unspecified. If this were the only opinion one has of oneself, a humble disposition would follow almost axiomatically. However, in addition to thinking of oneself as a wretched sinner, born deserving of Hell,  these same people also imagine that the entire universe was constructed with them in mind and that the creator of such fashioned us lowly primates in His image.

This amounts to a maximum of servility coupled with a maximum of solipsism, which, I am sorry to say, doesn't strike me as psychologically healthy. 

Sam

That is where mans psychologically will get you, never understanding Gods word. Try studying His words and not mans ...

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I moved this topic from the Outer Court to the Inner Court where it belongs. Please understand that the Outer Court is designed for the nonbelievers to ask questions about our faith, not for us to have conversations amongst ourselves.

Willa,im just humbly praying that the spirit of humbleness dwells in every believer.i dont see believers as Ghanaian,Americans or Russians but i see our existence as one people in one world created by our lord and master.even sinners know that we baptise into salvation,i dont think i talked about rude baptist in Ghana.peace.

Bless you kwikphilly