OneOfGodsOwn

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

Thank you for all your replies! Unfortunately I'm still confused, but it's really making me feel loved and less alone to see all of you sticking it out with me and helping! You guys are the best! 

If we let our spirits become evil, then evil becomes part of us because we allowed it to happen out of our own free will. God will not accept any evil spirits in His kingdom, whether it be an evil spirit of a man or one of a demon.  The spirit/soul ends up where it belongs according to what we have nurtured it with. Just as a lamb who belongs with lambs and a wolf who belongs with wolves.

It sounds like you are repeating my confusion back to me as a statement. I don't have any doubt left that I asked my question wrong, but I'm still not sure the right way to ask it. Why do the wolves belong with wolves? Does it help God somehow to put things that are like together?

The only logical explanation (I personally can think of) as to why God created hell instead of removing us and evil from existence, is that our souls are immortal and cannot be destroyed, so instead they must be placed where they belong.

But God could have made our souls any way he wanted right? And why is hell the place they belong? Like I'm imagining God thinking out his plan and he says to himself "Ok. I'm going to make a soul to fit in the humans and for the good people it will last forever because I want to hang out with them and for the bad people it will last forever because I need a place to put all the bad souls because I made them last forever and that place has to be hell with fire and the Devil now because the people need to with a bad father because they are bad." and my mind just keep running in loops like that.

I shouldn't have assumed what I wrote out of my own mind, because the truth is that only God has the answer to your question, so maybe if you ask Him for an answer He will give it to you. All we can do is assume, which is wrong because the Bible doesn't have the answer to what you are asking.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi OneOfGodsOwn,

Very interesting question & one that is often misunderstood. I know in God`s word that He is a consuming fire. So to be in His presence unless one was pure you would be consumed. Thus all those who do not want God as their Ruler, have no where else to turn but in His consuming fire. Thus to me it is not a `made,` place that we think but being excluded from the presence of God because they want to.

I have heard it said that `hell is like having your own way forever.` Now that sounds great to our carnal minds but just think that when you die & haven`t been given a new body, but are just a `spirit,` & you have no senses, no body, no way to relate, enjoy anything,  - like closing your eyes & ears & not feeling, forever - horrible.

Ug, Marilyn.

Hi OneOfGodsOwn,

Very interesting question & one that is often misunderstood. I know in God`s word that He is a consuming fire. So to be in His presence unless one was pure you would be consumed. Thus all those who do not want God as their Ruler, have no where else to turn but in His consuming fire. Thus to me it is not a `made,` place that we think but being excluded from the presence of God because they want to.

Ug, Marilyn.

That's an interesting way to look at it Marilyn, the thing is I don't think His consuming fire means eternal torment in the lake of fire. Or maybe I didn't understand you correctly....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi OneOfGodsOwn,

Ug, Marilyn.

That's an interesting way to look at it Marilyn, the thing is I don't think His consuming fire means eternal torment in the lake of fire. Or maybe I didn't understand you correctly....

Hi Hall,

I think I am thinking that, if you know what I mean. That is pondering & thinking on this subject & the consuming fire is what I see beyond the protection of our Lord, who is also a `wall of fire,` (Isa. I think) for those who turn to Him. Beyond His protection is just `consuming fire,` eternally. Absolute horror.

Marilyn. (Just thoughts)

Hi OneOfGodsOwn,

Ug, Marilyn.

Hi Hall,

I think I am thinking that, if you know what I mean. That is pondering & thinking on this subject & the consuming fire is what I see beyond the protection of our Lord, who is also a `wall of fire,` (Isa. I think) for those who turn to Him. Beyond His protection is just `consuming fire,` eternally. Absolute horror.

Marilyn. (Just thoughts)

That's pretty good, never thought of it that way but it does make sense in a way.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Torture forever?

How does this help God? Good question.

Edited by Kan

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Guys I figured it out.

I prayed over it again and asked for help and it hit me. A loving God can't allow people to hell. He is the one that's looking out for us and the one that takes care of us. If someone is lost on the wrong path he will fight for them and when God fights for something he gets it. I was looking around on the net and I saw that the bible never even says anyone goes to hell. It's all just warnings. Hell is empty.

I can't wait to tell my atheist friend. Thanks for your help everyone!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

Guys I figured it out.

I prayed over it again and asked for help and it hit me. A loving God can't allow people to hell. He is the one that's looking out for us and the one that takes care of us. If someone is lost on the wrong path he will fight for them and when God fights for something he gets it. I was looking around on the net and I saw that the bible never even says anyone goes to hell. It's all just warnings. Hell is empty.

by that logic, God is misleading people by warning them if they don't do as He says, they'll go to hell; but we know from the bible that God can not lie - He can not be a part of deception....

take a step back don't get distracted from what's Good (God) to what's bad; remember that the gospel isn't about 'missing hell'; it's about 'finding paradise' - which means to know God - missing hell is a result of knowing God, so it shouldn't be that important compared to knowing God; it's the goodness of God that causes people to change - stress this to your atheist friend and you'll both see that hell doesn't matter to those who seek God's goodness - whether it's empty or not :)

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Guys I figured it out.

That would be against everything Jesus taught

A loving God is looking out for us and TRYING to save us. But if we slap away the hand of God....there is nothing else left for us but hell

Accountability.   Quite out of fashion these days

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Guys I figured it out.

That would be against everything Jesus taught

A loving God is looking out for us and TRYING to save us. But if we slap away the hand of God....there is nothing else left for us but hell

Accountability.   Quite out of fashion these days

What makes more sense. God tries and fails or you aren't as strong as you think and can't really slap Gods hand away if he feels like holding it out? I don't know about you, but I know if God wants to get something done he does. Saying he tries to save us is the same as saying God HAS saved us.