• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I've studied and prayed about the "Blood Moon Prophecy" for over a year now.  My stance on this is in the other thread about this topic, in so I won't go into it except to say that I am now more convinced than ever that there is meaning in this.  Lately, I've been looking into how the Shemitah plays a role in it.  Those details added into the equation are what have convinced me.  The blood moons tetrads have been warnings to/about Israel and those who try to divide her land.  The Shemitah years have been cycle responses of judgment, mostly economic and financial.  2014 and 2015 are a time where both of these things happen in perfect unison.

But, I'm not here to convince anyone else.  I'm here because there are folks here who believe there's nothing to any of this whatsoever.  You're the ones I want to talk to.  I've done my studies.  I've prayed.  I'm not fearful in the least.  I'm not stressed out at all.  What I've gotten from this is great peace (which has always been a sign to me by the Holy Spirit), as well as a sense of urgency.  But that only means anything to me.  Not you.

When I study something, I go to the Bible and prayer first... always.  I examine the resources that brought the issue to light for me.  But, when I'm done, I like to go to the brethren and hear what they have to say to balance out my own studies.  I'm not out to be right.  I want the truth and I'm willing to be horrendously, outrageously and publicly wrong and embarrassed if it means that I end up with the truth at the end of it.

All I ask is that you state your opinions, thoughts, feelings, and studies with references and evidence.  If you just state your opinion, it's worthless to me.  (That goes for both sides.)  I'm looking for educated, wise Christian counsel, not mere opinions based on feelings and no effort.  I will study your evidence thoroughly and pray over it. 

Lastly, if anyone who believes there's nothing to this subject would watch a video on YouTube and refute the evidence and information presented, I want to hear every word you have to say.  In my opinion, it presents the topic the best, offering the most evidence, in one place.  It does focus more on the Shemitah than the blood moons, but they're relevant to each other significantly based on the evidence presented.  The video is called TRUNEWS 1/21/15: Jonathan Cahn "The Mystery of the Shemitah" The conversation starts at 6:25 and lasts throughout the video.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Hey keith,

Not sure I am going to be much help, but I do have something to add as far as the Shemitah.  As I understand it, this will be the 7th Shemitah since the resurrection, which I don't think is a mere coincidence, and it begins Sept. 13th of this year if I am not mistaken.  Historically, something significant has always occurred on these years, so all of these things added together indicate to me that we should expect some fireworks in the near future.

God bless you.

Hey keith,

Not sure I am going to be much help, but I do have something to add as far as the Shemitah.  As I understand it, this will be the 7th Shemitah since the resurrection, which I don't think is a mere coincidence, and it begins Sept. 13th of this year if I am not mistaken.  Historically, something significant has always occurred on these years, so all of these things added together indicate to me that we should expect some fireworks in the near future.

God bless you.

September 11, actually.  Exactly two Shemitahs after the 9/11 judgment, which also plays a role in all of this.  And yes, we're now in the seventh Shemitah.  It's a cliche to say, but it's the truth.  There are no coincidences in the things of God.    Thanks for your thoughts on the matter, brother!  God bless you!

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Hey keith,

God bless you.

September 11, actually.  Exactly two Shemitahs after the 9/11 judgment, which also plays a role in all of this.  And yes, we're now in the seventh Shemitah.  It's a cliche to say, but it's the truth.  There are no coincidences in the things of God.    Thanks for your thoughts on the matter, brother!  God bless you!

The 11th, that makes sense, I wasn't positive about the date, but knew I was in the ballpark, thanks for the information, God bless you too.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.08
  • Days Won:  78

Call me skeptical but I don't recall ever hearing one word about tetrads, four blood moons or the Shemitah before The Harbinger came out a year or so ago.  Am I mistaken in this?

Call me skeptical but I don't recall ever hearing one word about tetrads, four blood moons or the Shemitah before The Harbinger came out a year or so ago.  Am I mistaken in this?

I think being skeptical is fine, as long as a person doesn't stop there.  Then it becomes cynicism.  Start with skeptical and look into it.  That's what I'm doing. 

I believe the prophecies of God are progressive.  Scripture is full of examples where God revealed prophecies as the time for them to occur came near. 

Mark Biltz began speaking about his studies on this as far back as 2008, but only to his congregation.  The longer he studied it, the more convinced he became.  He's made errors and corrections along the way, but, granted, so do scientists and others who perform studies.  I dismissed it when I first heard about it.  Mark Biltz is involved in what is called the Hebrew Roots Movement and has been accused of date setting at one time.  He denies the date setting.  These are Red Flags for sure.  I'm not a fan of Mark Biltz's Judaizing, but God often uses people in spite of themselves. 

Very quickly, it's not so much about the blood moons themselves as it is the significance of when each of the four lunar eclipses of the tetrad appear... all on Hebrew holidays.  In the last 1,000 years, that's only happened three times and they've all been significant for Israel and world history.  That's uncanny to me, especially since I don't believe in coincidences. 

Also, Genesis 1:14 says, "And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons,and for days and years,"  "Seasons" here means "appointed times" which is what the feast days are called.  It doesn't mean spring, summer, winter and fall.

For the record, I don't believe that the blood moons are necessarily a sign of the end times.  Scripturally, when blood moons are discussed, they're signs of the Second Coming of Christ.  As a pre-trib rapture believer, the Second Coming is, at an absolute minimum, seven years away.  (I'm just explaining why I don't believe the blood moon tetrad is an end times sign of the rapture.  I don't want this to turn into a rapture debate, please.)  Historically and scientically, the blood moons appear to have been warning signs to Israel and everyone else about dividing the land of Israel.

My interest in this topic came about due to two things mainly: 

The timing of these blood moons occurring on feast days.  That made it interesting, but nothing I was about to stand firm on.

How they also relate to Shemitah/Jubilee years, in recent history, with precision timing of significant events that occurred to the day.  It's far too many "coincidences" to dismiss casually anymore.

Lastly, I'm NOT creating a doctrine out of this.  I'm NOT saying anything HAS to happen.  God doesn't have to do anything when we determine He should.  He is sovereign and can do whatever He pleases.  And I'm NOT saying people should hoard food and supplies or buy gold and silver.  That's not how to prepare.  The reason I'm so interested in this because I am 100% convinced that God is trying to get the world's attention through everything He's doing, and this is just one of those things that seems to be confirming it.  To the unbelievers, it's a "last call."  To the lukewarm and backslidden, it's time to wake up out of your stupor, repent, and turn back to God and seek Him desperately.  To the believers, it's a sign, and advanced notice.  Put aside your own plans, desires and the things of this world and be fully surrendered to Him in all your ways.  Be prepared to give answers to those who come to you.  And seek God for what He would have you do. 

Now I'd like to hear from the skeptics with their reasons and evidences, please.  I don't want to turn this thread into me talking about this.  I'm sincerely seeking wise, godly counsel.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

-

Edited by Watching for Jesus

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

Hi Keith

I think there were three major things that had to occur, concerning Israel,  before the Second Coming of Christ.

First, Israel had to be reborn as a nation.

Second, the city of Jerusalem had to be restored to the control of the Jewish people.

Third, the covenant (the agreement or peace treaty) of Daniel 9:27 had to be signed, starting the 70th week of Daniel.

Israel was reborn in 1948, just before the first tetrad of 1949-1950.

Jerualem was restored to the Jewish people in 1967, at the time of the second tetrad in 1967-1968.

The third tetrad is a sign that the covenant will be signed in the year 2016.

Israel will build the third temple and begin the daily sacrifice in the year 2017; fifty years after Jerusalem was restored to their control.

Jeff

There are more things which have to happen.

Before the signing of the covenant, the children of Israel need to be re-gathered in the land of Israel. The majority of the children of Israel are still scattered outside of the land.