angels4u

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

As I was reading the devotion this morning I thought it might be good to discuss what it means to have peace in your heart,so many people do not have the peace which only God can give us.

We are living in such a time that we do need Jesus in our life,this world is going crazy and times are getting darker..we NEED the Lord.

I'm going to post the devotion from Michael Yoessef for 4 days and hope many of us will learn more of knowing if we have the peace that Jesus promised to give us,hopefully we can have a good discussion for questions one may have...

Day 1:

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

Jesus came into the world to liberate us from death and sin, and to bring us peace with God - the peace that passes understanding, the peace that calms our fears, even in times of trouble. As Jesus told His disciples, "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" (John 16:33).

The peace that Jesus brings is divine peace, the peace of God, the only peace worthy of the name. Divine peace is the only permanent peace. Divine peace is that kind of peace you feel inside even when the world is falling apart all around you. Divine peace is peace of mind, peace in your conscience, peace with your Christian brothers and sisters, peace with your boss and coworkers, peace with your environment, peace with your world.

This is the peace the angels announced. It's the peace Jesus exemplified. When you have divine peace, you can have peace while the wars are raging around you, peace while the earth is crumbling beneath your feet, peace in the midst of the storm.

In Mark 4, Jesus crossed over the Sea of Galilee in a boat with His disciples. He was in the back of the boat, sleeping on a pillow, when a storm arose and the waves lashed the boat. Soon the boat was filling with water - yet Jesus remained peacefully asleep. The disciples woke Him and said, "Teacher, don't you care if we drown?" (Mark 4:38).

Then Jesus got up and spoke to the waves: "Peace, be still" (Mark 4:39 KJV). And the winds ceased and the waters became calm.

When you have peace with God, you have the peace of Christ that transcends human understanding. Even if the sun and moon turn dark and the stars are shaken from the sky, we can sleep peacefully, knowing that Jesus, who commands the winds and the waves with His word, is the Lord of the earth and sky. He slept soundly in the middle of the storm - and so can we.

Prayer: Jesus, help me to surrender to Your peace and not the false peace the world tries to provide. Thank You for showing me that there can be peace in the middle of the storm. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen..

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid" (John 14:27).

DAy 2:

By Michael Youssef, Ph.D.

Jesus never promised us a life without problems. He told us to expect trouble and persecution. He told us that the Last Days would be full of turbulence and testing. He told us that the world would hate us, put us on trial, and put us to death. But we have divine peace.

When you have divine peace, you are like a submarine in a hurricane. If you remain on the surface, you'll be destroyed - but if you dive deep into the ocean of God's love, you'll have peace. No, you won't escape your circumstances completely. Even if a submarine descends to a depth of four hundred feet, it can feel the rocking motion of the waves above. A hurricane-force storm on the surface can cause a submarine to roll ten to fifteen degrees - enough to make some submariners seasick. But the crew will be safe beneath the waves, because it has gone deep, deep, deep, where the turbulent storm cannot destroy it.

That is what divine peace is like. It doesn't mean the storm won't rock your boat. It doesn't guarantee you won't get seasick. But it does guarantee peace that passes understanding, peace that transcends comprehension, peace that defies explanation. It's the peace that only the Lord Jesus Christ can
bring you. It's a peace that can't be found in the secular world or in Islam. It can be found in Jesus alone.

Many cry out for peace. Many struggle with guilt and fear. Their consciences are a war zone. Their minds are a battlefield. Their relationships are stormy seas. Their hearts are filled with anxiety and confusion. That's why Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid" (John 14:27).

All the money in the world can't buy you a moment of divine peace. All the good works and charitable deeds and religious rituals in the world will never buy you God's peace. You can't earn it or inherit it or ever be worthy of it - but you can have it for free. Divine peace is a gift.

Prayer: Lord, I confess that often I look elsewhere for peace instead of seeking You, the God who is peace. May Your voice be louder than all my fears and concerns. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

"For he himself is our peace" (Ephesians 2:14a).

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

I think it was an illustration from Streams in the Desert that has been burnt into my mind. There is a Robin sitting on a nest. It is built on a branch that overhangs a roaring waterfall. Occasionaly spray blows over the nest and the branch sways and bobs. But the Robin is serenely secure on that nest. She has perfect peace as she steadfastly keeps her eggs warm and dry, protected from all that goes on around them.

And so are we, under the shadow of His wings.

Psalms 36:5-9

Your mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens, Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

Your righteousness is like the great mountains; Your judgements are a great deep;

O Lord, you preserve man and beast.

How precious is your lovingkindness, O God!

Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.

They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,

And You give them drink from the rivers of Your pleasures,

For with You is the fountain of life;

In Your light we see light.

Willa,my friends just loves the Streams in the Desert devotion books,she doing these for years~~~

I remember the poem from the sparrow it very special to me :)

“The Robin and the Sparrow"
Said the robin to the sparrow,
“I should really like to know,
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so.”
Said the sparrow to the robin,
“Friend I think that it must be,
That they have no Heavenly Father,
Such as cares for you and me.”

― Elizabeth Cheney

Day 3 : Michael Yousef

In 1970, I worked for the telephone company in Sydney, Australia. I had only been in the country for a few months, and I had arrived with only one hundred dollars of borrowed money in my pocket. My boss at the phone company knew my impoverished state. One day, he came to me and said, "Michael, may I ask you a personal question? Tell me - why do you seem so peaceful and contented? You have almost nothing. You're just scraping by. Yet you never complain, you never seem worried, you seem to be at peace."

"I am at peace," I said. "I know that God is in charge of all the circumstances of my life. When I received Jesus as Lord of my life, I surrendered everything to Him - my plans and goals, my finances, my circumstances, even my worries and anxiety. I surrendered it all to Him, and in exchange for that,

He has given me peace."

My boss thought for a moment, then he said something that saddens me to this day: "I couldn't do that, Michael. I could never surrender my will to anyone." I had a number of talks with this man while I worked at the phone company. I found out that he knew the Christian gospel, and he occasionally went to church - but he had never surrendered his life to the Lord. He was unwilling to put God in charge of his life.

He saw with his own eyes that surrendering to Christ had brought peace to my life - a peace that passes understanding, a peace that he himself could not understand. Though he wanted that peace, he refused to pay the price of surrendering himself to God.

Only Jesus can give you that peace, and it's a paradoxical peace because it's free - you can't earn it or deserve it or buy it. But to obtain this free gift, you have to surrender. You have to give up and let Jesus take over control of your life. You have to surrender your weapons.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I know the only way to find divine peace is to surrender to You, the God of peace. Help me to never resist Your call to give everything to You. Thank You for the free gift of Your peace. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen.

"You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you" (Isaiah 26:3).

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,854
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

This is very difficult for me.

I'm a believer in Jesus, he is the Judge of all people from Adam to every one for ever.

Is it possible the heavenly Father to say to someone: What are you doing here in haeven, I never like the way you lived your life, I don't want you here, get out from here. Why and how are you here anyway?

Answer; John 3:16!!!, my faith in Jesus!!!,under the blood!!! justification by faith,Jesus wrighteusnes, speaking in tounges.

or should I say: when I bow down to Jesus I was ready to go to hell, but Jesus ask. Is there any one who can tell me why I should not admit him to heaven. Jesus said no one is here to condemn you I know they like to play Christ and sit on my throne and judge people and scare them to hell and the antichrist and the rapture and their sins, but here you have been rupture from their judgment into my love: will you punish them?

When they come here they expect a reward for that, but they will understand they are not going to ask for one: talking about rewards where is mine?

Come I will judge you for rewards now:

Here is one: when you got in an argument with this person and you hit him and sent him to the hospital. You serve time for that. If you only new that his mother kept praying for him, he was about to beat her up to get her pension for his addiction as usual. That day you follow my leading and I protect his faithfull mother,and that was also for him this time a wake call. Well done good servant ( even in your ignorance) ....,you help one mine from being harmed....you got read of your weapons ..... You learn to hold your vengeful temper and anger...

Jesus is love ang mercy a lot better than us

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

^confusion is bad

Jesus gives peace from God, not as the world gives, His peace. 

I ask Him for it every day. I remember the first time He gave me His peace, I was amazed. "So this is what He meant when He said 'not as the world gives'." It is not psychological. You can't learn enough of the Word and apply enough of it to receive His peace. I don't think I ever had His peace until I asked Him for it.

^confusion is bad

Jesus gives peace from God, not as the world gives, His peace. 

I ask Him for it every day. I remember the first time He gave me His peace, I was amazed. "So this is what He meant when He said 'not as the world gives'." It is not psychological. You can't learn enough of the Word and apply enough of it to receive His peace. I don't think I ever had His peace until I asked Him for it.

Isaiah 26 :2-3

Open the gates, that the righteous nation may enter, The one that remains faithful. 3"The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in You. 4"Trust in the LORD forever, For in GOD the LORD, we have an everlasting Rock.