IGNORED

Do we belong in this world?

angels4u

Guest Thallasa

Like you I am not in the States but come here for a lifting of my spirits,and the clouds fade away .

God bless you ,and say hello to your little dog . :biggrin2:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

Whenever I hear a question like this one; Do we belong in this world, I think of a verse from the book of Esther.

Esther 4:14For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?”

I know that heaven will be so far more and better then this world at this time, I also believe that God knew when I would be born and live. I am here now for 'such a time as this'. So, I am not a citizen of the world, but I am here now for a reason. I believe I belong in this world, even though I am not of this world. I belong here for such a time as this.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,132
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Do I belong in this world......    of course I do, or the Lord would not leave me here.

Do I belong  "to" this world.........      aaahhhhhhhh....     no.

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Whenever I hear a question like this one; Do we belong in this world, I think of a verse from the book of Esther.

Esther 4:14For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?”

I know that heaven will be so far more and better then this world at this time, I also believe that God knew when I would be born and live. I am here now for 'such a time as this'. So, I am not a citizen of the world, but I am here now for a reason. I believe I belong in this world, even though I am not of this world. I belong here for such a time as this.  

Amen !

Esther 4:14 For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place and you and your father’s house will perish. And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?”

Amen !

Amen~!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

What is giving you strength in these difficult days?

God Himself is our Strength (as well as our Refuge): "GOD is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble, therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea..." (Psa 46:1,2).

Coming back to the topic at hand, Christians do "belong" in this world (though not of it) for a number of reasons:

1. We are given the responsibility to ensure that the Gospel is preached in all the world, to all nations, and to every creature (Mt 28:18-20; Mk 16:15,16; Lk 24:46-48).

2. We are "salt" and "light" in a corrupt and dark world (Mt 5:13-16).

3. If we truly know our position in Christ and before God, we are the only truly free people on earth (Jn 8:36) therefore we can help all those in any kind of bondage to be free.

4. We have a job to do, just as Christ had a job to do (Lk 4:18,19):

(a) to preach the Gospel to the poor

(b) to heal the broken-hearted

© to preach deliverance to the captives

(d) to give recovering of sight to the blind

(e) to set at liberty them that are bruised

(f) to preach the acceptable year of the Lord

5. We have the full equipment of God to defeat Satan and his evil hosts (Eph 6:10-18; 2 Cor 10:3-5).

Edited by Ezra

• Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

Amen !

To live is to live for God and to glorify His name,in Him we trust , I pray may we be the light which would people want to come to Jesus :)

May we shine our candle to shine in the darkness ~~~and pray God will take aways the veils of unbelieve and open eyes~~that the blind may see and the deaf will hear~~~

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

We all live in the world,but don't survive in the "WORLD".The survivors of this world are not those who live the WORLD,but rather the survivors of this world are they that live in the "WORD"

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I CHOOSE TO SUFFER LIFE IN HEAVEN THAN TO ENJOY LIFE IN HELL