• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I think this is a great question and it leads me to ask how do our prayers make a difference in spiritual warfare? For instance, if (hypothetically) we have guardian angels, should we pray for them to be stronger, or are they already as strong as they can be? Or when we pray to be delivered from temptation does that keep the fallen angels away from us?

To answer your questions, the bible does not speak of individual guardian angels. We pray to be delivered from our own temptations, temptation to sin. The one central truth that protects us from the spiritual realm (the dark side of it), is Jesus, no more, no less.

To answer the question the OP asks, in how do angels and demons fight? The bible is not clear on this, and if God wanted us to know He would have told us through His Word.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

I think this is a great question and it leads me to ask how do our prayers make a difference in spiritual warfare? For instance, if (hypothetically) we have guardian angels, should we pray for them to be stronger, or are they already as strong as they can be? Or when we pray to be delivered from temptation does that keep the fallen angels away from us?

To answer your questions, the bible does not speak of individual guardian angels. We pray to be delivered from our own temptations, temptation to sin. The one central truth that protects us from the spiritual realm (the dark side of it), is Jesus, no more, no less.

To answer the question the OP asks, in how do angels and demons fight? The bible is not clear on this, and if God wanted us to know He would have told us through His Word.

2 kings 6:17 And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

I have heard this refers to angels who are always fighting for us. I have also heard this is only a vision to show him God's hand is with him. Comments?

:thumbsup:

Yes

For it is written,

He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: Luke 4:10

And Amen~!

Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels,

intruding into those things which he hath not seen,

vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, Colossians 2:18

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

The universe is a physical place.

Jesus as God made all things, whether visible or invisible to us.

Heaven is a physical place within the universe as our earth is.

Angels are physical beings which may or may not be seen by men, according to the will of God.

The battles are real and physical, involving all efforts an angel can use, including weapons.

But they all know, both fallen and unfallen, that the battle belongs to God and they cannot overrun any boundaries put there by the Spirit of God.

So their actions have to be governed by principle alone. It is a constant battle of moralities and claims for or against the laws of God.

The evil angels argue that they can claim a victim who has sinned and refused salvation, but the angels of God may prevent any control of that individual if God has seen hope for the victim. There are conversations and bitter contentions over many situations on earth, particularly because Satan and his army work on ambiguous circumstances, deception and confusion. 

But God is never confused, and if He sends an angel to do a job, all the evil angels know that the one angel cannot be overcome by a whole legion of fallen angels, though it may be of the lowest rank.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

To describe the power of just one angel of God, in the Old Testament, a confederate army was intending to invade Israel, numbering 185,000 soldiers.

While they slept and guarded their camp, the angel was sent to slay them all in one night. The angel had to do it in such a way that none would wake up and cause a commotion and fleeing from the very large site. So he had to plan every strike, killing up to eight men per second for over 8 hours. When he was done, none were left.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

The universe is a physical place.

Jesus as God made all things, whether visible or invisible to us.

Heaven is a physical place within the universe as our earth is.

Angels are physical beings which may or may not be seen by men, according to the will of God.

The battles are real and physical, involving all efforts an angel can use, including weapons. ...

The Bible says differently:

Ps 104:4 [The LORD] maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire...

Judg. 13:20 For it came to pass, when the flame went up toward heaven from off the altar, that the angel of the LORD ascended in the flame of the altar.

Angels can take physical form when coming into our physical realm, but only as garments. Only the race of Adam has flesh/physical form by its own nature. Angels in their own natures are clothed with spiritual "substances," including fire/light and spirit, depending on the which of the three heavens the Creator created them to dwell in.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

To describe the power of just one angel of God, in the Old Testament, a confederate army was intending to invade Israel, numbering 185,000 soldiers.

While they slept and guarded their camp, the angel was sent to slay them all in one night. The angel had to do it in such a way that none would wake up and cause a commotion and fleeing from the very large site. So he had to plan every strike, killing up to eight men per second for over 8 hours. When he was done, none were left.

A bit of poetic licence here? Have you considered instantaneous death? Is not God all powerful? 

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,119
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

Just how do they battle each other?  :noidea:

Looking back, I realize I never answered this part of the question. Consider these Scriptures:

Rev. 19:15 And out of his [Christ's] mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations...

Eph. 6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God...

The sword of the Spirit in the spiritual worlds is the Word of the Lord. They will fight with the power of their words: the truths of the Word will battle the lies of the Deceiver. Words have power to cast down and destroy, whether used in righteous or in unrighteousness. When spiritually portrayed, they can appear as swords or other weapons of human warfare.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I have doubts that the angels and fallen are killing each other. Perhaps when the fallen were kicked out of heaven it was a matter of physical combat between immortals. I am only guessing, but I imagine that we are the weapons, and we are the battlefield for now because while they cannot kill or affect each other, they can affect us. The devil is probably trying to prove himself right and get that worship he so desired by battling to turn us away from God.

I have doubts that the angels and fallen are killing each other. Perhaps when the fallen were kicked out of heaven it was a matter of physical combat between immortals. I am only guessing, but I imagine that we are the weapons, and we are the battlefield for now because while they cannot kill or affect each other, they can affect us. The devil is probably trying to prove himself right and get that worship he so desired by battling to turn us away from God.

:thumbsup:

Spirit

What are all the angels? They are spirits sent to serve those who are going to receive salvation. Hebrews 1:14 (GOD'S WORD® Translation)

Warriors 

Bless the LORD, you angels who belong to him, you mighty warriors who carry out his commands, who are obedient to the sound of his words. Psalm 103:20 (International Standard Version)

The Beloved

Bless the LORD, all his heavenly armies, his ministers who do his will. Psalm 103:21 (International Standard Version)

With The Wolfsbane Of Satan

And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. Revelation 20:7-10 (King James Version)

For Jesus Is Our LORD

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8 (King James Version)

And We Are 

And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. Romans 16:20 (King James Version)

His

Bless His Holy Name