• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

How do you use two monitors (set up) and why do you use them?

One for each eye. He prefers to see in stereo.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I use two monitors-one 23 inch HD LED monitor and a 22 inch LCD HD monitor, both rated for 1080p, and let me tell you ill never go back to a single monitor!

At one time I used three monitors....   They were for three views on Flight Simulator....   If the room was dark, I could make most people sick at your stomach with my flying.    But alas, due to a lightening storm I only use one monitor now, but that's largely due to my roll top desk and the room within it's top.    Guess you could say, "what God giveth, God taketh away...    that was also when I got introduced to uninterruptible power supplies

That day we lost three computers (including my laptop that was not even plugged in) two TV's and it even took out the igniter in our gas oven and clothes dryer and one clock and the power company's meter.   Thank God for insurance and off site data backup.

I don't know exactly what went on for we were not at home or it might have gotten us also.  From the burn marks in the breaker box it appeared that it entered the house on our electric service.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.21
  • Days Won:  58

I use two monitors-one 23 inch HD LED monitor and a 22 inch LCD HD monitor, both rated for 1080p, and let me tell you ill never go back to a single monitor!

At one time I used three monitors....   They were for three views on Flight Simulator....   If the room was dark, I could make most people sick at your stomach with my flying.    But alas, due to a lightening storm I only use one monitor now, but that's largely due to my roll top desk and the room within it's top.    Guess you could say, "what God giveth, God taketh away...    that was also when I got introduced to uninterruptible power supplies

That day we lost three computers (including my laptop that was not even plugged in) two TV's and it even took out the igniter in our gas oven and clothes dryer and one clock and the power company's meter.   Thank God for insurance and off site data backup.

I don't know exactly what went on for we were not at home or it might have gotten us also.  From the burn marks in the breaker box it appeared that it entered the house on our electric service.

Summer monsoon storms in az are fierce. At one hospital I interned at, one of the people I worked with had a lightning strike. It entered his house in one spot, went around the electrical circuit in his home, blowing out every other outlet and appliance, then exited elsewhere. He had a dog at home who was quite hmm upset. Terrified.

Traveling home from that same hospital during the remnants of a hurricane, I approached an overpass that I was going to drive under on the interstate just as lightning struck the upper part of the overpass. Sparks flew everywhere as I drove under. 

I have a lot of lightning stories. I have a healthy respect for lightning.

• Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

I took this standing on our driveway....I've never seen anything like it again.     All that stuff in the air isn't a dirty picture, it's leaves coming off the trees, and if you look closely in the upper corner of the picture you can see the vortex of a very small tornado that about 30 seconds after the picture and my going into the house ripped off the top 20 feet of those trees and dumped them right where I was standing when I took the picture.....                Don't tell me that God doesn't take care of dummies..

firesky.jpg

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Yes, but you're a technological genius and half bionic.  I'm sure you have a room full of future technology and gizmos.  It's probably on the other side of the decontamination room throw-backs like me have to go through so we don't get any pioneer dust all over.  :horse:

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I uses to love my flight Sims. And my computers about the only technological masterpiece in my room. Rest of it is books and firearms lol.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.95
  • Days Won:  14

I took this standing on our driveway....I've never seen anything like it again. All that stuff in the air isn't a dirty picture, it's leaves coming off the trees, and if you look closely in the upper corner of the picture you can see the vortex of a very small tornado that about 30 seconds after the picture and my going into the house ripped off the top 20 feet of those trees and dumped them right where I was standing when I took the picture..... Don't tell me that God doesn't take care of dummies..

firesky.jpg

That is amazing!! I love taking photos of fascinating clouds. Have some really neat ones. Great work in getting that photo!!