• Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Brother Fez....

This came to mind immediately,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

King James Bible
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.         Luke 10:19

I also like to sprinkle water(Blessed) over all thresholds,doorposts & windows & plead the Blood of Christ while reading from Exodus ,perhaps starting from 12:7 or so,,,,,

King James Bible
And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in the bason, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood that is in the bason; and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning.                                                         Exodus 12:22

The Blood of Christ is impenatrible,,,,,,,,we must claim it in His Authority..........

Fez,"No weapon formed against you shall prosper"........also from the Book of Isaiah(Isaiah 54:17)        Hang on to Gods Word and know that our Lord goes before you,,,,,,,,,it shall be well & I am praying with you also              With love in Christ,Kwik

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Sounds like your already doing the right thing being bin constant prayer! Wouldn't hurt to have the members of that business (and yourself) monitor what you eat and drink as well (like only drinking bottled water that you picked up yourself from vendors you trust) just in case one of these witch doctors try to use manmade methods to make their curse come true.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  5,125
  • Content Per Day:  1.48
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  09/01/1950

... Four days ago a prominent lawyer in our community dropped dead of a heart attack outside a courthouse. He was in his 50’s and was to all intent and purpose not sick in any way. He just dropped dead. I know his wife well; she has done catering for many of our functions. He also has a son.

The staff at his practice (he has two partners, one white and one a Zulu), let it be known that a month or two before his death a Sangoma (witch doctor), probably because of a legal matter that did not turn out in his or his clients favour, had stated that within six months of the curse being put on the business someone would die.

Staff at the business are convinced that this is true, and Dewalt died as a result of this curse.

Tomorrow my pastor, another pastor and myself are going to the business at 3 pm to pray against any darkness, and evil that is in that place.

Was Dewalt’s death a sad coincidence, or was it because of a curse (which I know he would have shrugged off and not believed), is not my concern, as there is no definitive answer. But pray against darkness, and any curse that may be over that practice we will.

I have done this before in Mozambique and here in rural situations, but would be interested to know how members here (who have experience, or are seasoned believers), would approach this thing we are about to do. Remember it is done for those in the business that believe this curse to have been fulfilled.

What scripture would you use for example? Romans 8:31 onward is one I often use, besides straight prayer.

Since you have already gone and prayed by now, this is just postmortem. But the question I have before entering into such situations is, what is the spiritual condition of the people involved? Unless there is agreement among them, and at least some modicum of faith in Christ, your grounds of authority to enter into spiritual warfare on their behalf can be shaky, to say the least. You may be in danger of entering into turf that is 'lawfully' claimed by the Enemy, over which you have no real authority.

If the parties involved, in their hearts, only see you as tools to overcome their personal difficulty or enemy, then the scriptural principle that comes to mind is:

Prov. 23:6 Do not eat the bread of a miser,

Nor desire his delicacies;

7 For as he thinks in his heart, so is he.

“Eat and drink!” he says to you,

But his heart is not with you.

8 The morsel you have eaten, you will vomit up,

And waste your pleasant words.

Remember, even Jesus was thwarted in his authority to perform miracles in Nazareth, because of their unbelief.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

This is serious and it is happening tomorrow. I am not going to entertain anything but sound scriptural advice and if this turns into a slanging match I will shut it down. I am looking for advice, scripture and a mature Christian perspective...

Tomorrow my pastor, another pastor and myself are going to the business at 3 pm to pray against any darkness, and evil that is in that place.

1. Since you are going up against Satan and his evil spirits, the Lord has already given you directions in Matthew 17:18-21 -- faith, prayer, and fasting.  If the three of you have not spent some time doing this, it would be better to delay until this injunction is obeyed.

2. We are also instructed to have on the whole armor of God when fighting evil spirits (Eph 6:10-18 KJV).  So each brother must examine himself to ensure that there are no "chinks" in the armor.

3. Unless those for whom you are praying have the Holy Spirit dwelling within, they cannot withstand the assaults of the enemy (Eph 1:19). So before anything else, the Gospel should be preached and sinners should come to the Savior in order to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:36-38).

4. There are many Psalms which ask God to deal with the enemies of His people.  While human enemies were in view in the Psalms, that is the Word of God which can certainly be applied to spiritual enemies, and used against them. See Ps 52, 59, 83, etc.