submission

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

I agree with you ayn jade, the climate of Greenland cooled causing the early Viking community there to perish and migrate. The period from about 1300 to the early 19'th century was cooler and is someimes referred to as the Little Ice Age. Climate is not static and does change over time. 

And at that time greenland was much warmer than now. So which is the norm for greenland?

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,152
  • Content Per Day:  4.58
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Jade...

Exactly!!!! And it is all about cycles,as you have said from the very start f this discussion

God created a magnificent universe,,,everything in such a perfect order & with perfect "cycles"...........even we,go through a "cycle" of life,,,,,,,,,,,,

Good weather,bad weather,cold,hot ,rainy...whatever,,,,,,let us thank our Heavenly Father that we wake each day to see it!!!!

With love-in Christ,Kwik

God heals the land according to His will, not according to historical facts.                                          posted by One Light

Amen,Amen,Amen!

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/29/1984

The fact that the earth's climate goes through cycles is how scientist know that what is happening now is partially due to man. The cycles are fairly consistent and that has allowed those who study this to understand how those cycles work and their timeline.

The fact that their is a cycle to the planet is further evidence that man is having an effect.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

We always say, "Don't like the weather, just wait a second, it will change" :P

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

What percentage of the worlds historical weather has actually been recorded?  About 3% or less?  That only provides us with a small snapshot, and the margin of error is pretty high even if you use all the data trying to create an analytical graph.  I don't see how global warming or cooling can be accurate.

The earth has kept a record of it's weather in all sorts of places, glaciers, trees, river beds and many more places.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

So what is the normal supposed to be? Folks get bent out of shape over global warming but no one states what the norm is supposed to be. And how do they know that is supposed to be the norm since the temps have widely varied in the past? 

The norm is warm jade, get with the program....  And sometimes it is cold, and in between it is nice for a walk outdoors.  :cool2:

• Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  308
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,152
  • Content Per Day:  4.58
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings

The fact that their is a cycle to the planet is further evidence that man is having an effect.                                                        posted by Alex Summers

HUH? First it's about weather that is very 'out of the ordinary"or "record breaking",,,,,and because of facts & records you know this to be true,never referencing the actual statistics or by whom they are recorded,then it was about "flawed thinking" and now it's about man having an effect on the planets weather cycles............I am getting the notion you want to debate just about anything but why?

Please do not get me wrong,I am not looking to be disrespectful or discredit anything you have said but I am seeing a sort of a pattern and now this last statement just does not make sense to me,,,,,again,"to me"

There is ONLY ONE that has any affect on the earths cycles,the moon,the stars,the tides ,the seasons,the weather etc,,,,,,,,,Almighty God the Father,to Him be ALL the Glory,,,,,,,,

Job 38:4-7New International Version (NIV)

4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
    Tell me, if you understand.
5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
    Who stretched a measuring line across it?
6 On what were its footings set,
    or who laid its cornerstone—
7 while the morning stars sang together
    and all the angels[a] shouted for joy?

With love-in Christ,Kwik

I apologize, it seems I have not been clear enough when I was speaking about weather and when I was speaking of the climate, as they are not one in the same.

The climate goes through cycles, ice ages and such. These cycles are fairly easy to determine based upon the evidences left behind. Based upon that history we should not be in the warming cycle we are in. Also, the speed with which the temps have increased is abnormal.

The extreme weather that was spoke of in this thread is a predicted outcome of the climate changing.

Two things we know for certain, the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere has gone up exponentially since the industrial revolution and temps have increased in the last century outside of the normal climate cycle.

We know man can affect the weather, just read about the dust bowl of the 20's. There is nothing in the bible that would preclude mankind from messing up the climate cycle as well.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  143
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,288
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Hi Alex;

I just wanted to say to you concerning the "weather" that I agree with you that there is something very wrong with what is happening with the weather and

that most definitely we as humans are doing damage to our planet that is helping to bring all these erratic weather changes.

Edited by 1to3