• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Jeff,

We should always be clear that Daniel's prophecies pertain to Israel, Jerusalem, and the Temple.  They are only related indirectly to the Church and the Rapture.

I believe Daniel’s 70th week is a future 7 year period of time; I believe the covenant of Daniel 9:27 will begin the 70th week; I believe the Jewish people will build a temple when the 70th week begins and reinstate the daily sacrifice once the temple is finished.

I agree with the first two conclusions, but the Temple must have already been built in order to fulfil the prophecy of the 70th week.  The start of sacrifices in the Temple will coincide with the start of the 70th week.

I believe the 2,300 days is the length of time from the start of the daily sacrifice until the end of Daniel's 70th week.

If we take the year to be 365 days, the 70th week = 2,555 days (some take the year as a "prophectic year" of 360 days which gives us 2,520 days which we will disregard for the moment).  So we have a shortfall of 255 days which is approx 8.5 months.  The only way to understand this shortfall is the prophecy of Christ (Mt 24:22) which speaks of the days of the Great Tribulation being shortened for the sake of the elect.

After 2,300 days the sanctuary will be cleansed. I believe the sanctuary will be cleansed when Jesus returns on the white horses to start His 1,000 year reign (Revelation, Chapter 19).

This is a reasonable conclusion.

I believe the daily sacrifice will be taken away and then 1,290 days later the abomination of desolation will be set up.

Not likely. The removal of the daily sacrifices will coincide with the setting up of the Abomination of Desolation and that will be 1290 from the start of the 70th week (which is slightly later than 1,277.5 days which would be the exact middle of the week).

The 1,335th day will not be the last day of Daniel's 70th week. Jesus will come to gather His elect (the rapture) on the 1,335th day.

As noted above, this has nothing to do with the Rapture of the Church.  However, it could very well be related to the catching up of the 144,000 redeemed Hebrews mentioned in Rev 7:1-8 and Rev 14:1-5.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Ezra,

To me, Daniel 12:11 is saying that from the time the daily sacrifice is taken away and the abomination of desolation set up, there will be 1,290 days; 1,290 days betweeen the two events.  Otherwise, why are the 1,290 days mentioned?  The verse would simply have stated that from the time the daily sacrifice is taken away and the abomination of desolation set up, there shall be 1,335 days.

Daniel 9:27.  And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

I do not believe that the "midst of the week" has to be the exact middle.  The overspreading of abominations is for the next 1,290 days.

I believe the catching up of the 144,000 will happen concurrent with the rapture.  The 144,000 are the first fruits of the harvest.  The dead in Christ are the main harvest and those who are alive and remain (Christians) will be the gleanings.  The believers (dead and alive) are the wheat.  The wicked and those attacking Israel are the tares.

Jeff

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

Hi Ezra,

To me, Daniel 12:11 is saying that from the time the daily sacrifice is taken away and the abomination of desolation set up, there will be 1,290 days; 1,290 days betweeen the two events.  Otherwise, why are the 1,290 days mentioned? 

Jeff,

The way to view Daniel's 70th week is to see it in the light of Revelation 13.  The Beast takes control of the world for 3 1/2 years (42 months, Rev 13:5).  That would correspond closely to the 1290 days during which the sacrifices are allowed in the Temple. At the end of that period the sacrifices are taken away and the Abomination of Desolation is set up (in the midst of the week):   And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (Dan 9:27)

This signals the beginning of the Great Tribulation (Mt 24:15-22).  The 1335 days run concurrently with the 1290 days and when that period is finished the 144,000 are taken up to Heaven.  The Great Tribulation is shortened by about 8 1/2 months, otherwise the second half of the week would also run for 1,277.5 or 1290 days.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  40
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1942

As I  recall the King James is the only translation that says 2,300 days. All of the rest say 2,300 evenings and mornings. The prophet is counting the Daily sacrifices which were two Tamid lambs per day. So in order to get the actual number of days one has to divide by two. This of course is 2,300/2 = 1,150 days. This was the period of time that the Temple was occupied by Antiochus from about 168 to 165 BC. It was fulfilled in those days. Dragging this into the 21st century is insane.

Edited by Sonseeahray

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

KJV - Daniel 8, "Daily sacrifice" is used. Verse 26, "vision of the evenings and mornings is true"

"Daily," "Days," "evening and mornings."

The "daily" was an "evening and morning" "sacrifice" as you have pointed out, all took place in a "day."

So there is no reason to move away from the English meaning and halve the time is there?