Watching for Jesus

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  155
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I will show what I believe the 2,300 days prophecy of Daniel, Chapter 8 is about, but first: I believe Daniel’s 70th week is a future 7 year period of time; I believe the covenant of Daniel 9:27 will begin the 70th week; I believe the Jewish people will build a temple when the 70th week begins and reinstate the daily sacrifice once the temple is finished.

Daniel 8:13 ---- How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot?
14. And he said unto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred days; then shall the sanctuary be cleansed.

I believe the 2,300 days is the length of time from the start of the daily sacrifice until the end of Daniel's 70th week. 
The vision concerns the daily sacrifice (when it is started); the transgression of desolation (the abomination of desolation); to give the sanctuary (the temple) and the host to be trodden under foot.

After 2,300 days the sanctuary will be cleansed. I believe the sanctuary will be cleansed when Jesus returns on the white horses to start His 1,000 year reign (Revelation, Chapter 19).

This is the timeline of Daniel’s 70th week that I have formed showing the 2,300 days prophecy and the 1,335 days prophecy:

C --------------------------------------------------- 7 years ------------------------------------------------ > Return of Jesus on WH

C -- TB --- DS begins ------------------------------------ 2,300 days ------------------------------------- > Return of Jesus on WH

DS stopped ------ 1,290 days ------ > AoD - 44 days - BD ------- >

<--------------------- 1,335 days --------------------- >  -------- >

C - Covenant to begin Daniel's 70th week

TB - temple built
DS - daily sacrifice
WH - white horses
AoD - abomination of desolation
BD - 1,335th "blessed" day

The 1,335 days prophecy:

Daniel 12:11  And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12.  Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

I believe the daily sacrifice will be taken away and then 1,290 days later the abomination of desolation will be set up.

The 1,335th day will not be the last day of Daniel's 70th week. Jesus will come to gather His elect (the rapture) on the 1,335th day.  The return of Jesus to the earth on the white horses will occur on the last day of Daniel's 70th week.

What are your opinions of this?

Jeff

360 x 7 = 2520. The Rapture occurs prior to Daniel's 70th Week, as claimed by Paul in Scripture. Biblical references to this fact have been given throughtout this forum many times so I will not be repeating them here. You premise is therefore false, in my opinion.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

I too believe your conclusion is not accurate concerning the time period of the rapture taking place.  There are a lot of people who get the rapture mixed up with the second coming of Christ at the end of the seven year tribulation period you are not the first.  Scripture teaching no man knoweth the day nor the hour wherein the Son of Man cometh but the Father (referring to the rapture) not the second coming.  There are no signs that have to be fulfilled in order for the rapture to take place it will happen suddenly and without warning.  Unlike the second coming when prophecy is fulfilled being brought to pass during the end-time events happening on the earth and then Christ will come with his saints and set up his kingdom on earth for 1000 years of peace as Christ will rule and reign during that time period over all the nations of the earth.  This is the second coming not the rapture.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Hey Jeff,

There are a few things with your timeline that don't quite fit for me.  The first being that when the temple is built and the daily sacrifice begins again are speculative.  There is no certainty as to how long the sacrifices will have resumed prior to being stopped, and I tend to think that the construction of the temple itself will take a bit longer than your timeline indicates.

The second issue is in your separation of the daily sacrifice being taken away and the abomination of desolation being set up.  According to what Daniel prophesied, these two events occur at the midway point.

Daniel 9:27 And he will make a firm covenant with the many for one week, but in the middle of the week he will put a stop to sacrifice and grain offering; and on the wing of abominations will come one who makes desolate, even until a complete destruction, one that is decreed, is poured out on the one who makes desolate.”

Daniel 12:11 From the time that the regular sacrifice is abolished and the abomination of desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.

In both of the above passages, these two events are put together, so I am not sure why you are trying to separate them.

The third thing I would disagree on, is the thought that the gathering of the elect occurs on the 1335th day, which is referred to as a blessed day.  The day He returns will be a day of slaughter, there is nothing pleasant or blessed about it.

Amos 5:18 Alas, you who are longing for the day of the Lord,
For what purpose will the day of the Lord be to you?
It will be darkness and not light;
19 As when a man flees from a lion
And a bear meets him,
Or goes home, leans his hand against the wall
And a snake bites him.
20 Will not the day of the Lord be darkness instead of light,
Even gloom with no brightness in it?

The 1335th day is better represented by the ushering in of eternity, when the former things have passed away and are swept from memory.

Hi wingnut,

Thanks for your reply.  I know my timeline doesn't make sense to anyone at this time, but maybe in the future, as the events unfold, it might.  Time will tell. 

I could argue the three points that you made, but I don't think that would really accomplish anything and that is not why I have posted this timeline.  I just feel that I should share it with others.

Jeff

Edited by Watching for Jesus

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

What are your opinions of this?

Jeff

Dear Brother Jeff, my opinion is different because of the assumption that Israel must have a temple to offer the daily sacrifice.

Ezr 3:3  And they set the altar upon his bases; for fear was upon them because of the people of those countries: and they offered burnt offerings thereon unto the LORD, even burnt offerings morning and evening.

Ezr 3:4  They kept also the feast of tabernacles, as it is written, and offered the daily burnt offerings by number, according to the custom, as the duty of every day required;

Ezr 3:5  And afterward offered the continual burnt offering, both of the new moons, and of all the set feasts of the LORD that were consecrated, and of every one that willingly offered a freewill offering unto the LORD.

Ezr 3:6  From the first day of the seventh month began they to offer burnt offerings unto the LORD. But the foundation of the temple of the LORD was not yet laid.

At this present time Israel without a temple Hosea 14:2. "Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips."

My own offering on this is that at this present time since there is no temple many Jews use the following verse in Hosea as their means of sacrifice. Hosea 14:2. "Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips."

In the New Testament we find a similar sacrifice. Hebrews 13:15. By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

One other question I would ask is why you think Daniel’s 70th week is to be the first week of the tribulation. That seventieth week was to be all blessings as the following scripture shows.

Dan 9:24  Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,

1.       to finish the transgression,

2.       and to make an end of sins,

3.       and to make reconciliation for iniquity,

4.       and to bring in everlasting righteousness,

5.       and to seal up the vision

6.       and prophecy,

7.       and to anoint the most Holy.

My thoughts – Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Hi Larry 2

You said:

One other question I would ask is why you think Daniel’s 70th week is to be the first week of the tribulation. That seventieth week was to be all blessings as the following scripture shows.

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city,

1. to finish the transgression,

2. and to make an end of sins,

3. and to make reconciliation for iniquity,

4. and to bring in everlasting righteousness,

5. and to seal up the vision

6. and prophecy,

7. and to anoint the most Holy.

My thoughts – Blessings in Christ Jesus.

I believe the 70th week of Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy (the final 7 year period before Christ returns) will cause those 7 things to then be fulfilled: during the millenial reign.  Daniel's 70th week is the 7 year tribulation period and will be followed by the 1,000 year reign of Christ..

Jeff

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

I believe the 70th week of Daniel's 70 weeks prophecy (the final 7 year period before Christ returns) will cause those 7 things to then be fulfilled: during the millenial reign.  Daniel's 70th week is the 7 year tribulation period and will be followed by the 1,000 year reign of Christ..

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, there is much of the Church that believes exactly that.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

How can I post a chart here?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  4

How can I post a chart here?

Probably best as a graphic.  You can upload a picture to some cloud site and then insert the image.