appy

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

animals do communicate.   I had  cat and dog that communicated.  Don't know how they did it, but they did.

That's true.  My cat and my recently departed Chihuahua could communicate and it seemed like they just looked at each other. 

You had a chi? I love chihuahuas.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I wish they could speak... I would love to know what they have to say : )

I want better cat food than this cheap junk you give me?

:24:

I wish they could speak... I would love to know what they have to say : )

I want better cat food than this cheap junk you give me?

I can see both of my cats saying that exact thing!  :lightbulb2: 

animals do communicate.   I had  cat and dog that communicated.  Don't know how they did it, but they did.

That's true.  My cat and my recently departed Chihuahua could communicate and it seemed like they just looked at each other. 

Yes.  His name was Forrest Gump and he lived to the ripe old age of 15.  I lost him to congestive heart failure a few months ago. 

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Many animals communicate with body language, which is also considered to be more reliable among humans. And they do understand verbal communication even though they don't reply with words. They reply with body language.

The man who raised a flock of wild turkeys from the time that they hatched, however, claimed that he understood at least 35 verbal communications of the turkeys. They had different sounds for Red Tail Hawks, as well as for separate species of snakes, and could communicate their plans for the day to him. He slept with them, ate insects with them and learned to think like a turkey. lol

I have heard that the use of tools separate us from the animal kingdom, but both great apes and crows use tools as well. In fact, several species of birds have learned to use tools and sometimes shape them to suit their purposes as well. So perhaps the main thing that separates us from animals is that some of us are indwelt by God's Holy Spirit.

Elephants communicate through infra sound over up to 50 km. We can't hear it but they can, they even pick up the vibrations though their feet. They communicate messages to each other and we are only just starting to understand how they do it and what they communicate. (there is an awesome book on the subject called Silent Thunder). Some elephant herds when they hear a helicopter taking off start running because they have been shot from choppers before. Thing is that they have been seen running when the helicopter is taking off 60 miles away.... This has been tested on a few occasions.

In 2007 we released a young bull elephant in our reserve. He was captured in another reserve about 60 km away as the crow flies. He was with another bull at the time he was darted (elephant bulls often hang out in twos or threes). He broke through the fence and started heading back to where we had caught him. At the same time the other bull broke out and stared moving towards him. Each knew the position of the other, and when we plotted their movements we could virtually put a ruler over the track it was so straight. How they did it we don't know. We had to dart both and put them back together.

Humpback whales have individual voices. They learn the family's songs from birth and never forget them. They can communicate over hundreds and hundreds of miles of ocean. I have heard whales singing while diving and it is an awe inspiring, magnificent sound. It makes one feel very small in a big ocean to know that whales are talking to each other and they are hundreds of miles apart. Search whale song on the net and listen. it is hauntingly beautiful.

And God created it all!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Yes.  His name was Forrest Gump and he lived to the ripe old age of 15.  I lost him to congestive heart failure a few months ago. 

I lost my old girl to a stroke or heart failure following back surgery several years ago. It broke my heart. She was also 15 or perhaps 16. She was the sweetest (but fiercest) little dog. I love the chi-tude. She was sleeping on my lap in the car once while in a parking lot. Someone walked close to the open window. She lunged and barked her big dog bark. Guy jumped several feet. His buddies were laughing at him lol. Ours was a purebred chihuahua. One of these days we might get another one.

I lost my old girl to a stroke or heart failure following back surgery several years ago. It broke my heart. She was also 15 or perhaps 16. She was the sweetest (but fiercest) little dog. I love the chi-tude. She was sleeping on my lap in the car once while in a parking lot. Someone walked close to the open window. She lunged and barked her big dog bark. Guy jumped several feet. His buddies were laughing at him lol. Ours was a purebred chihuahua. One of these days we might get another one.

It absolutely IS heartbreaking when you lose them.  I know about the 'big dog bark; my Forrest wasn't scared of anything either.  I have two Chihuahua grand dogs as well and they are both convinced they're Dobermans!  I want another one too but, with working every day, I may wait about 20 years.  :mgbowtie:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

No one has yet talked about the relation between words and symbols. Our experiences undergo the process of configuration to produce our understanding and from our understanding comes symbolic transformation and the production of reason, rite, and art. .............. I am reminded of the words of Jesus who said: "It is not what goes into a man, but what comes out of a man that defiles the man."   It is good to have the integrity to accept what is acceptable in the eyes of God and to reject those things that we experience that are unacceptable in God's eyes.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

The difference between human beings and animals is that animals are locked into finitude whereas a human being is a synthesis of opposite pairs in particular; finitude/infinitude as well as necessity/possibility and the temporal/the eternal. I don't usually give references as to were I derived some of these ideas, but this concept comes from the philosophy of the Christian philosopher; Soren Kierkegaard who I am well acquanted with.