Hall7

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,256
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

I had to work with a very profane person on a school bus. Everyone seemed to know I am a Christian by my life and attitudes. So when she questioned me as to why I didn't laugh at her dirty joke I would smile, shrug and say I just didn't find it to be funny. But she would act the same way to parents, which I found very embarassing. When she would use the Lord's name in vain I would remind her that He loves her anyhow. When, knowing I would be offended, she would loudly use profanity when she saw me approach, I would abruptly turn away.

She considered herself a Christian because she had once attended a Bible study. So I treated her as though she might be a Christian in hopes she would discover she was not. She chose to work with me the following year even though she turned harder, and proceded to start false rumors about me and slander me, I learned later, but she would tell Christians what a nice lady I was. She died at an early age--under 45.

It was even more embarassing when a lady who claimed to be a devout Christian wore vulgar ear rings at Christmas time. I did suggest that it was not appropriate to wear them when parents were present.

I do correct people when they have misunderstandings as to what the Bible says. Many people have told me that there is nothing that says they must forgive. That is an easy one, since the verse after the Lord's prayer mandates it. Mt. 6:14 Forgiving one another; even as Christ forgave you, so you must do. Eph. 4:32, Col 3:13. Mk. 11:25 etc.

Our pastor used to work in construction and says he just expects unbeliever to act ungodly. Most don't know any better and some don't even realize they are ungodly because they were raised that way. It is habitual. People who are held in satan's grip are like Ninavah, not knowing their right hand from their left. They need to know that God loves them and desires to deliver them from destruction.

Having lived with an unsaved husband for 11 years I heard and saw a lot of ungodliness that was not evident while were dating. It was a matter of tapping into God's love for him, and a deep desire to demonstrate that love, just as he was. While we were yet sinners Christ died for us. It was God's job to point out his sins, not mine, and I had a list that God could have used to convict him. God didn't use even one of them. He is the expert.

Satan is the accuser of the brethern so I am very hesitant to reprove others. Too many times I have been falsely reproved by a person who addressed me with logs in their own eyes at best, who completely missed what God was doing in my life. At worst the person simply expressed their loathing condemnation. Sometimes when I prayed about the issues God told me they were lies and confirmed this. So I am very hesitant to reprove others. I don't want to do it at at time they can't take it, such as during the loss of a loved one. I don't want to do it not knowing if it is the truth. Misunderstandings do happen. I don't want to do it if it is not necessary. So I definitely don't want to do it unless God is directing me in every respect. "It is better to err on the side of grace" since we serve the God of all grace.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  5

I guess Christians have very few friends outside the Christian community, I don't know about most but I don't. I only hang out with one person, my best friend, my Fiancee and sister in Christ Ana. She's the same way so it works out good, we both would like to do something more for God, maybe something with the homeless or something like that. I had a plan to distribute Bibles and a written message to people I feel called to in the streets, but for some reason haven't gone through with it yet. The Bibles are sitting in a box in my living room and the written message saved on the computer ready to be printed out. Well actually I did give two out, it felt right at the time for those individuals, but I haven't heard any positive feed back so I guess got a little discouraged. I really want to serve the Lord, but it's hard to get started with it. Maybe there's a season for everyting and it just isn't the right season yet. Anyways, kind of venting a little...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Well actually I did give two out, it felt right at the time for those individuals, but I haven't heard any positive feed back so I guess got a little discouraged.

I think part of why you feel discouraged is that you have made it a bit about you. I dont mean that harshly. It is a common thing Ive seen in believers. It is all about Him, not us. We should not make it into a personal competition to see how many we can win over etc. You water, you sow. Its all to His glory. If you get feedback later, great. If not, thats ok too. You are being faithful to serve Him. Thats all that should matter.

Well actually I did give two out, it felt right at the time for those individuals, but I haven't heard any positive feed back so I guess got a little discouraged.

You water, you sow. Its all to His glory. If you get feedback later, great. If not, thats ok too. You are being faithful to serve Him. Thats all that should matter.

:thumbsup:

My LORD

“Which of you, having a slave plowing or tending sheep, will say to him when he has come in from the field, ‘Come immediately and sit down to eat’? “But will he not say to him, ‘Prepare something for me to eat, and properly clothe yourself and serve me while I eat and drink; and afterward you may eat and drink’? “He does not thank the slave because he did the things which were commanded, does he?

“So you too, when you do all the things which are commanded you, say, ‘We are unworthy slaves; we have done only that which we ought to have done.’” Luke 17:7-10 (NASB)

And My God

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

I think part of why you feel discouraged is that you have made it a bit about you. I dont mean that harshly. It is a common thing Ive seen in believers. It is all about Him, not us. We should not make it into a personal competition to see how many we can win over etc. You water, you sow. Its all to His glory. If you get feedback later, great. If not, thats ok too. You are being faithful to serve Him. Thats all that should matter.

I think I felt a little discouraged because it seems as though more and more people are forgetting that there is a God, more and more are starting to believe in false gods such as the New age and Universalism movement that affects this new generation in the U.S. But I noticed something on the news today, all this talk of Isis and killing Christians is starting to make people aware of how firm Christians are with their faith, It looks like it's opening a door for people to seek Him more, to see what our God is about.

Amen FresnoJoe...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

I think I felt a little discouraged because it seems as though more and more people are forgetting that there is a God, more and more are starting to believe in false gods

Let's not forget that we can thank Christendom in general for this state of affairs.  The departure from the faith began in earnest in the 19th century in the seminaries of Europe and North America, and the virus of unbelief has been spreading throughout "Christianity" and the denominations since then.  Let's also remember that both Christ and the apostles prophesied that there would come a time of great apostasy before the Antichrist was revealed (2 Thess 2:3).  That apostasy is now evident for those who have eyes to see, and the Emergent Church is proof of it, along with the endorsement of same-sex marriage, etc.

The real issue is: Should Christians be discouraged because the whole world lieth in wickedness?  The Lord was never discouraged although He was opposed and hated daily.  Why then should we be discouraged when He has given us a job to do?  Let's get on with the job and let Him handle the spiritual condition of the world.  The darker it gets the closer it gets to His glorious appearing.

The spiritual balance we need was displayed by the Lord Himself. Compassion for those in need and severe condemnation for those who deserved it.

Thank you all for your responses, everyone had something important to contribute so far. I hope I'm not making this thread sound like it's all about me because I use a lot of "I's" and me, it really is about everyone in general so I hope it helps others besides me. That's why I came to Worthy with these questions, because I know that God speaks through us brothers and sisters and He has spoken through you for everyone here including myself. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

I can usually have a shallow relationship with the non-believers in this world.I have very little in common with the secular world.I never take advice from a nonbeliever.I am not interested in fitting in with this secular world and I do not care what they think about me.If anyone ever gives an indication that they are a believer then my conversation will go on a whole different level with them.

I do feel like a flower in the desert in this world.I have sacrificed much of what this world has to offer to stay within His word.It will be well worth it when I see Jesus Christ face to face.There is a saying "you can't walk with God and hold hands with the devil".

I am not afraid to go out into this world.Every morning I give my life,my heart and my mind to God.I ask for His protection.I believe He is right there with me and that I am surrounded with His protection.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fish Catcher Jim

Do you find it hard to know how to react around non-believers as a Christian while living in this world? I’ve been struggling to try to find the right spiritual balance in order to know how to feel and react about the non-believing world around us.

How worldly should we be in order to fit in but at the same time to not be part of the world? I think we all have phases of being closer or more distant to God.

I’ve observed that the closer I am to God the more the world looks evil, the more God’s Spirit is strong in me the more evil makes itself known to my eyes. So what kind of balance should there be for a human being who is a citizen of Earth with a fallen human nature who is saved through the blood of Jesus Christ?

For example, you are at work and your coworkers always cuss around you and make nasty jokes. What is your reaction?  I’ve observed two personal reactions according to my state of spirit.

1- When I am filled with the Holy Spirit, I can see that it is evil that affects my coworker’s state of minds, I can see the evil in them trying to influence me into joining their worldly thoughts. I become upset at the evil that controls them but at the same time understand that it isn’t their fault as unsaved human beings to have this state of mind, and I realize that evil does try to use people around us to make us sin. So I walk away…

2- When I am low on fuel (the Holy Spirit) due to not being so much in the Word and prayer as I should be, and in the same situation, I don’t feel so annoyed by this kind of language but at the same time realize to not take part in this sinful act of profanity. I don’t walk away, and stay quiet without joining in the sinful laughter, but still feel annoyed by what comes out of their mouths.

I sometimes feel paranoid to leave my house into the outside evil world, not because I am scared of evil, just because we Christians are so different in the spirit and mind. It’s hard to fit in when you are transformed, and I’m realizing more and more how low the percentage of true Christians are in this world. So what kind of balance and thoughts should we have while walking this Earth?

Over-righteousness makes us judge/sin, to not be righteous in God’s law makes us partake in sin, to be over filled with God’s Spirit makes the world look more evil and harder to live in, and to not have enough of God’s spirit in us makes us become worldly.

How worldly should we be since we live in it?

Hello Hall7,

For me it is quite simple. Be who you are in Christ and draw closer to God daily. We are known by our fruits or another words what does your actions and REACTIONS say about your convictions to others ? We are told to comeout of this filthy world or rather seperate our selves meaning.........stop acting like them and doing the things they do...WE are to be the light of God in this world.

Let me say it this way............who is more important to be seen as exceptable.......those who are lost in the world including guys at work..........or being seen exceptable unto the Lord ? WE have to make this choice....I did and it took me a while to grasp this but let me tell you this...........Best choice i ever made.....Eventually they come to your for prayer even if they teased you sitting there at luch reading your bible. When tragedy stikes they come to you for advice and help.

We need to stay read and prayed up daily for you never know what will come your way especially at work.

God sends us into places not to become like them but to bring His blessing unto them and turn the place around. It is a choice you have to make. God has your back and can bring you more favor even if it seems you have none with the guys. It's about Him so I would say if it is questionable..........leave it alone and walk away.

Blessings

Jim