• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/08/1973

My husband is a born  again Christian got saved after a Billy Graham crusade on TV........May not be walking the way my Baptist line of thinking thinks but is it for me to judge whether he's unequally yoked.........eh! I will leave that fully up to God thanks for your duey noted opinion though

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,992
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,690
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

My husband is a born  again Christian got saved after a Billy Graham crusade on TV........May not be walking the way my Baptist line of thinking thinks but is it for me to judge whether he's unequally yoked.........eh! I will leave that fully up to God thanks for your duey noted opinion though

There is a huge difference on what the Protestants and the Catholics believe but I think it is wise to give it to God.

I am having a similar problem except my relationship is new.  I have started seeing this guy who does not know what he believes.  He says he is not a Christian but he isn't not one either.  I don't know how to help him become a Christian without making him feel like I am pushing him.  I like him a lot though and do not want to give up on our relationship.

You can plant the seed by telling him about Jesus Christ and what you believe.If he is undecided which makes him an agnostic.A Christian and an agnostic are unevenly yoked.

Bo Peep!  I give it to God all the time he is the one who is in control and please I was having a particularly rough day when I first saw your responses to my reponse and would appreciate if you would not be so abrupt with me as I know there are other Catholics on here , You are not the first to tell me I'm unequally yoked and won't be the last.......my response to people when told I am unequally yoked is usually this......."So what do you think I should do about it get a divorce ? " I pray for my husband daily while trying to understand why he believes the way he does. I have found that to be the second best option than putting his beliefs down and beating him over the head with my bible.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/05/1965

its your choice  just pray about it . god will give you the answer you are looking for . he just wants you to ask him . we humans cant give you that answer because he made a mate for you and she might be it and besides that would be judging and the bible states NOT to judge a person . so if I for example said to wait it might destroy you and if I tell you to break up it might destroy you too. god knows who GOD wants you to be with , so ask him not other humans

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  165
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

ShilloAnn,

My suggestion would be to ask him to come church with you and see how he accepts that. Its a start anyways.

Bo Peep!  I give it to God all the time he is the one who is in control and please I was having a particularly rough day when I first saw your responses to my reponse and would appreciate if you would not be so abrupt with me as I know there are other Catholics on here , You are not the first to tell me I'm unequally yoked and won't be the last.......my response to people when told I am unequally yoked is usually this......."So what do you think I should do about it get a divorce ? " I pray for my husband daily while trying to understand why he believes the way he does. I have found that to be the second best option than putting his beliefs down and beating him over the head with my bible.

I am sorry.I am only speaking the truth.Praying for him is your best option.

Sometimes speaking the truth can be far more damaging than speaking at all I am absolutely done with this thread no more following it or any other posts in my e mail

Sometimes speaking the truth can be far more damaging than speaking at all I am absolutely done with this thread no more following it or any other posts in my e mail

So lying to you is the best option?

Guest MissKasey12

Unequally yoked relationships

I am having trouble with a relationship of this sort I could really use some Christian advice.

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years, when we met I was an active alcoholic and did not have a personal relationship with God.

I am now 1 year and 7 months sober and have a relationship with God. My boyfriend who I am in love with says he believes in God and that Jesus was the son of God but I know he does not have a personal relationship with him. We have been having problems. He is a good man but not a man of God. I know I need to talk to him about this and I know I can not be with him if he continues to not have a personal relationship with God.

I understand that the problems are probably because we are unequally yoked.

I am feeling sad and very confused

Is there a way I can bring him to the Lord?

I have prayed for this but not talked to my boyfriend about it much

How can I go about that?

And how do I break it off with him if he won't have a Relationship with the Lord? I have a very hard time unattaching myself from people

Edited by MissKasey12