Healing the BROKEN-HEARTED

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0

This is a HUGE topic and (IMHO) should be one if your main forum headings. 
I, and almost every Christian I’ve known, has some form of deep heart brokenness, (some much worse than others) if not emotional Trauma to heal from and overcome. And without these places of heart-brokenness being brought to our awareness and thoroughly healed, our bondage to false comforts and addictions will cripple our ability to know His true, powerful, never ending Love. (Perhaps much of this is talked about in the Prayer request forum?)

Just saying… Soul Healing is hugely Important. The degree of healing of our past wounds and trauma actually determines whether we can experience the only thing that can CHANGE us. (I’m in the midst of it and could write a book.) - Which is His Love in Jesus Christ. Otherwise, in SO many ways, our walk with Him is merely a limp.

Edited by AlsoBroken
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

Forgiveness is a good pathway to healing I think.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  162
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  03/28/1967

Timely post, @AlsoBroken- I’ve been thinking about this as well. Another post-er referenced something like this when he said that our experience with our Father is sometimes colored by our experience with our earthly fathers.

If so, question is how can we know how messed up we really are? I desperately want to experience the fullness of God but I know that I am soooo hampered by what I bring to Him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.72

On 12/28/2022 at 4:43 PM, AlsoBroken said:

Soul Healing is hugely Important. The degree of healing of our past wounds and trauma actually determines whether we can experience the only thing that can CHANGE us. (I’m in the midst of it and could write a book.) - Which is His Love in Jesus Christ. Otherwise, in SO many ways, our walk with Him is merely a limp.

It is our openness to God, to his Love, Mercy and Grace that enables us to journey down the path to healing for spiritual wounds.

I post on occasions about how forgiveness is conditional upon repentance and how we have to take our hurting incidents, our feelings and those involved to God for him to deal with and how we have to pray for the good of our offenders.

Healing takes time, it takes courage to face painful memories and it takes love and support of those who care for us.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  873
  • Content Per Day:  0.46

When cruel stuff starts to get the better of me, what helps me is I trust God to get me out of that and guide what I do about the problem. 

And once He has me restored to Him in His peace, pray for others who are suffering. And pray that we all mature in Jesus so Satanic stuff can't get the better of us and control our attention.

And don't let the nicer things control us and our attention. But stay with God, all the time.

Edited by com7fy8
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

On 1/1/2023 at 12:27 PM, Mije said:

Timely post, @AlsoBroken- I’ve been thinking about this as well. Another post-er referenced something like this when he said that our experience with our Father is sometimes colored by our experience with our earthly fathers.

If so, question is how can we know how messed up we really are? I desperately want to experience the fullness of God but I know that I am soooo hampered by what I bring to Him.

Thank you Mije. I do believe that if we’re seeking for inner healing, and ask, the Holy Spirit will lead us to unresolved emotional wounds that God wants to heal. Whether we need to grieve a particular loss, or make amends, or talk to a counselor, etc. I think many people have issues of loss and grief that they’ve never allowed themselves to acknowledge. Sometimes deep down anger or rage needs to surface and be dealt with too  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

On 12/29/2022 at 3:13 AM, AlsoBroken said:

This is a HUGE topic and (IMHO) should be one if your main forum headings. 
I, and almost every Christian I’ve known, has some form of deep heart brokenness, (some much worse than others) if not emotional Trauma to heal from and overcome. And without these places of heart-brokenness being brought to our awareness and thoroughly healed, our bondage to false comforts and addictions will cripple our ability to know His true, powerful, never ending Love. (Perhaps much of this is talked about in the Prayer request forum?)

Just saying… Soul Healing is hugely Important. The degree of healing of our past wounds and trauma actually determines whether we can experience the only thing that can CHANGE us. (I’m in the midst of it and could write a book.) - Which is His Love in Jesus Christ. Otherwise, in SO many ways, our walk with Him is merely a limp.

Hi AlsoBroken,

Well said from the heart. 

One point is that often we are hurt, and we take on wrong attitudes - grief, resentment leading to bitterness, etc. By an act of our will, (probably without realizing it) we take on these attitudes which are crippling. Try as we may we can`t seem to get rid of them but push them down further. However, like an open wound when it gets touched, we smart and react more than the situation calls for. Thus, as you said, there are areas of our person not healed.  

And because it was our will that received that attitude it is only by an act of our will to God that there is healing. The Lord Jesus took our griefs and sorrows, our transgressions and iniquities, (Isa. 53: 4 & 5) and so we need to, by our will give the Lord these attitudes and receive His healing. 

And as we all know this as a process as the Holy Spirit reveals those areas to us.

Marilyn.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2023 at 9:06 PM, Marilyn C said:

Hi AlsoBroken,

Well said from the heart. 

One point is that often we are hurt, and we take on wrong attitudes - grief, resentment leading to bitterness, etc. By an act of our will, (probably without realizing it) we take on these attitudes which are crippling. Try as we may we can`t seem to get rid of them but push them down further. However, like an open wound when it gets touched, we smart and react more than the situation calls for. Thus, as you said, there are areas of our person not healed.  

And because it was our will that received that attitude it is only by an act of our will to God that there is healing. The Lord Jesus took our griefs and sorrows, our transgressions and iniquities, (Isa. 53: 4 & 5) and so we need to, by our will give the Lord these attitudes and receive His healing. 

And as we all know this as a process as the Holy Spirit reveals those areas to us.

Marilyn.

Giving my grief to Him is something I need to do much more often because when the painful feelings come back I think about the person who deeply wounded me, and in my flesh I want to “punish” them, or at least make sure they KNOW how wrong they were. 
I was betrayed and abandoned by a longtime Christian sister several months ago, a best friend for over 5 years, and it’s felt like a knife in my gut. 
In myself, I don’t want to forgive her. It’s only in the Holy Spirit that I can detach enough to see her through Jesus’ eyes, forgive her in His name, then let go and chalk it all up as one more earthly Loss that forces me to the Cross. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  266
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

9 hours ago, AlsoBroken said:

Giving my grief to Him is something I need to do much more often because when the painful feelings come back I think about the person who deeply wounded me, and in my flesh I want to “punish” them, or at least make sure they KNOW how wrong they were. 
I was betrayed and abandoned by a longtime Christian sister several months ago, a best friend for over 5 years, and it’s felt like a knife in my gut. 
In myself, I don’t want to forgive her. It’s only in the Holy Spirit that I can detach enough to see her through Jesus’ eyes, forgive her in His name, then let go and chalk it all up as one more earthly Loss that forces me to the Cross. 

Hi AlsoBroken,

That was very, very cruel and extremely painful. I will pray for you in this. The Lord knows what it is to be `wounded in the house of His brethren. ` Absolutely a deep wound and yes, we tend to want to punish that person/s. However, we know that God is the judge and we have to leave it with Him.

And you are so right, that in our own strength we can`t forgive, and as you said, only the Holy Spirit can do that. So, now because you are having those painful feelings, I suggest you by an act of your will, reach into your heart, and offer them up to the Lord. I often do an enactment as it helps to walk through the painful process. You could place your hands on your heart and enact taking those revengeful, bitter feelings & attitudes and lift them up to the Lord. Pray and repent for taking on those feelings & attitudes. Then ask for forgiveness and a cleansing of the heart.

When the enemy tries get you to think on those feelings again, just say, "I have given them to the Lord." We need to `battle,` those wrong thoughts of the enemy. That is for us to overcome.  

praying, Marilyn.