Cog

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  143
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

What do you think reality is? Explain like I'm 5, please.

What is this place? What is going on? What is the point?

I would like you (everyone who reads this) to explain reality to me in the way that you understand it, or think of it, but in terms that are simple enough for a 5 y/o to understand, please.

Also, if you reply, could you do so before reading other's replies? I would prefer uninfluenced posts, so that people answer more inline with their own way of thinking - I am looking for what comes natural from you all, so to speak.

Thanks if you answer. :)

Edited by Cog

What do you think reality is? Explain like I'm 5, please.

What is this place? What is going on? What is the point?

:thumbsup:

To Honor

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11 (King James Version)

Jesus

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9 (King James Version)

~

So Easy Even A Little One Can Get It

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 18:3 (King James Version)

~

ToS

The outer Court is an area where we allow anyone who wishes to learn more about our belief to ask questions and learn. Those who join Worthy who do not claim Christ as Savior will be designated "nonbeliever'. This designation will mean that they will only be able to post in the Outer Court area. They can read every part of the Forums, but their discussions will be limited to one area. http://www.worthychristianforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.77
  • Days Won:  226

re·al·i·ty
rēˈalədē/
noun

the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

Many people in our time have a pre-occupation with physical reality with less concern with human reality. Of course environmental ecology is important but concept ecology associated with language and communication is equally important. Christians also acknowledge divine reality as being real and vital to human life. As G. Chesterson said: "When the God is abolished, the government becomes the God." ........ I believe that it is alo true that when God is denied that such things as love and freedom have no foundation and human beings as individual/persons are reduced to de-personalized individuals.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,250
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  30

Reality is something you or other people can feel, taste, see, touch or hear. It can also be a power that exerts an influence on your life, such as gravity which keeps you from floating away and makes things feel heavy, or good such as love, or evil which wants to hurt you. The Bible says that only God is good, and God is love. So God is a reality in our lives.

• Followers:  70
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.70
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

One idea:

Reality-the state of realness.

Or another

We wake up from our dream world and into the world of reality.

Lots of interesting thoughts...

Fez, can you define 7 so that anyone with a layman's understanding of spiritual concepts can understand it, please?

Joe, Is Jesus to honor Jesus included in reality? Because:

John 8:

54 Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

If reality is to honor Jesus, where does that place Jesus in reality?

Bopeep, I meant the broader spectrum, as in, everything. The set of all sets. set = {}

{set of all sets {this is all things about internet forums and it is included in the set of all sets}{set about colors}{set about emotions} }

gamnot, I would consider divine reality as absolute reality - it is first and last of all realities. Can you expand on divine reality?

Willa, are the things we cannot sense, the invisible things, not included in reality?

KPaulG, do we cease to exist in reality, when we dream? What is the dream contained in, and what is it contained in, ad infinity? And speaking of infinity, doesn't it seem everything is imaged after infinity byway of continuums or spectra? Like all colors are color and green fades into blue and blue into red. So then dreams are sort of a cross between the spectrums of mind - the lack of bodily perceptions - sleep or "death of the body" - unawareness of the body, but awareness of the mind or psyche or something... I don't know what. If I went too deep or too far overboard/off topic feel free to ignore me.

Thanks all...

Anyone else want to chime in? What is everything? Explain like in layman's terms (like I'm five.)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/21/1945

Cog: Heaven is associated with Divine reality. the cardinal value of heaven is love. The cardinal value of earth is freedom. the cardinal value of hell is power. ..... According to the apostle Paul only love is eternal and that would make Divine reality the absolute reality.

gamnot,

Where can I read about those cardinal values? Is it something inferred from the Bible, something expressly written in the Bible, or maybe something divinely revealed to you?

I have never seen someone associate hell with power or earth with freedom - I have only the thought that God does all things and everything is basically imaged after his Love (some true images of love and some false images or unjust images or, that is, some are lies).

Edit: I think I partially understand what you're saying: Death is hell, is that right? But power is what? Power is control over life?

Edited by Cog