Steff

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,319
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

If you lost loved ones over in Iraq then you do have the right to an opinion. I know people who have lost spouses and kids and some believe it was worth it and others don't. I just don't want to hear the general people telling me how great it is that we are there when they have lost no one.

If you really think it is worth the sacrifice it's ok with me, just please don't expect myself and everyone else to agree with you. And those who lost no one don't tell me how great we are for being there.

Wait for another three years and see how many of our people are going to have severe reactions to all the depleated uranium that we spent there and how many Arabs end up with cancers and weird birth defects...... come back in three years and telll me how great we were to do what we have done. If there is a free three years left to be able to come back to that is.

BTW I was in the Air Force during the draft days and I took that oath that requires me to defend the constitution, not blindly follow a bunch of Neocons off the edge of some abyss.

se

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

If you lost loved ones over in Iraq then you do have the right to an opinion.  I know people who have lost spouses and kids and some believe it was worth it and others don't.  I just don't want to hear the general people telling me how great it is that we are there when they have lost no one. 

If you really think it is worth the sacrifice it's ok with me, just please don't expect myself and everyone else to agree with you.  And those who lost no one don't tell me how great we are for being there.

Wait for another three years and see how many of our people are going to have severe reactions to all the depleated uranium that we spent there and how many Arabs end up with cancers and weird birth defects......  come back in three years and telll me how great we were to do what we have done.  If there is a free three years left to be able to come back to that is.

BTW  I was in the Air Force during the draft days and I took that oath that requires me to defend the constitution, not blindly follow a bunch of Neocons off the edge of some abyss.

se

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And you are refering that I do as well as other Marines? Everyone and anyone can say anything they want to about the war. People who haven't lost loved ones can say that we are doing a good job by being over there. It is the ignorant ones that say they can't or don't have the right to.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

War is Hell :b:

War is Hell :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you Gerioke! I hate war and I hate this no peace world! Why can't we wave a magic wand and make all the hatred go away?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Birthday:  11/15/1968

And until Jesus Christ comes back, we will have wars and rumors of wars. And the need will be there for the military.

War is hell, and freedom isn't free.

Like what you are saying!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

:blink:

Personally, I don't need to know someone that may have lost someone in a war to have the right to speak about the subject. That right is endowed by our Creator and expressed in the very Constitution we defend.

That said, I feel those of us that have been there and done that have a unique view on the subject, apart from someone that gets their info from the funny pages. Our experiences are somewhat shaped by the circumstances of our deployments, but that doesn't mean our opinions are jaded by that fact. We read the same stuff anyone else does, and form our opinions based on many sources.

Is the war right? Yes, regardless of the outcome. Unlike John Kerry, I believe the outcome is not the determining factor of whether it was right to go in. The problem was there already, and I think we were right to go in. I just think we should have spent a little more time and rescources in Afghanistan before we went into Iraq, but in all reality, we are in a stale mate there, for the moment. I'm not saying we should have waited for Iraq because Afghanistan was more important, I'm just saying the troops needed a rest before going into Iraq.

Didn't work out that way, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Will we "win" the war on terrorism? Tough question, really.

I think we would have a much easier time if the people that sent us there would stop saying it was a crime in their little speeches in the Senate. It makes no sense for some to send us there, and then spend their days blasting us in speeches. So, Mr. Kennedy, Mr Kerry, and friends: Stop your madness and give us a hand. Stop giving the enemy hope and give a little to your own troops!

Anyone here that doesn't like the war? Fine. Join the club. We who go to fight it really do not like it either. It's kind of a bummer being sent off away from our families for a year, dodging ambushes and IED's. It's not fun sweating in 100 degree weather exposed in the open air checkpoints. It hurts to say good bye to your fourth grade son and see him again when he's going into the sixth grade.

But one of the reasons why we go is that we want to ensure that our families and kids have the chance to live in peace here in this country, if they so choose. We would also like families and kids in these horrid places to have a similar chance. Showing God's love at gun point? No, that's not the idea. The deal is, sometimes it's apparent that there are times to sweep away the dirt before the floor can shine. The truth is, Iraq did pose a threat to the US. Without a doubt. Just as much as Iran, North Korea, and a few others.

Some here will say it's all our fault in the first place. Wrong. It's a lie. It's like blaming a woman for being raped. Maybe she did wear revealing clothes, but that doesn't give a man the right to rape her. Don't fall into the Micheal Moore/ CNN trap of "it's our fault". It is not. Is it your fault when someone breaks into your home? Is it your fault when drugs come into your streets? If you listen to the twisted, false-guilt complex of some...I guess I can see where it comes from. But no, it's not your fault.

If you apply the same general theme to what is happening in the war, then it's easy to see that it's not our fault.

So, is being a Marine, Soldier, Sailor, or Airman enough to qualify us an opinion on the war? Sure. Just as much as being a banker, car washer or doctor. There is no qualifying scale or mythical point of pain of which to attain before we are allowed to voice our opinions. The ones fighting the war just have a little better feel for what's going on on the ground, is all.

Listen to us....you may just learn something after all.

No one has to buy our lunches when we get back. No one has to throw a parade or pat us on the back. While appreciated, it's not what we need and not why we go.

All we need to know is that you lived your lives in peace while we were gone.

Then we know we did our job right. ;)

t.

You rock Ted! You should print everything you said in all the news papers across the globe! You speak the truth! Thank you for that!

;)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Christian Soldier

Steff,

Your thread shows that some people can kick their own rearends with the logic that they use to support a topic that they create.

I sure would have wished you would have been in Baghdad( Office of Transitional Justice) with my commander as he interviewed person after person who was tortured (and showed us the scars literally) or had relatives tortured and killed by this psycho you support. There were no WMDs found because they are all buried away in the vast Iraqi desert or shipped off to other terror supporting nations aka SYRIA.

I'm sorry that you are easily confused by facts.