missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,995
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,693
  • Content Per Day:  11.71
  • Days Won:  226

Different interpretations of what we will have in heaven.I don't think we will have literal mansions.

KJV John 14 :2-3 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

NASB John 14:2-3 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am,there you may be also.

NIV John 14:2-3  My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

We will have amazing custom-built mansions that will be filled and equipped with everything that we desire, and things that we are partial to and may not have even told anyone. God knows what pleases us. I can't wait!

If that is not the case, and we do not know until we get there, I don't need a mansion.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

If that is not the case, and we do not know until we get there, I don't need a mansion.

I doubt anyone NEEDS a mansion, becasue the blessings of the Kingdom supersede any need, but God blesses us with more than we need. He is the God-of-More-Than-Enough! The Kingdom life in eternity is going to be all about incredible blessing and abundance...and much, much more that we have no clue about.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

I personally believe it to be a literal mansion.  Especially when I think about all the splendor of heaven.  Then I compare that to our little dwelling places down here on earth and think it will be a  mansion compared to what we have down here.  I think the door knocker on my mansion door is going to be worth more than all the wealth of this world combined.  Our finite minds can't even conceive what will be over there.  But I know I'm going to live there forever and I want to be comfortable because forever is a long long long....time as it will never end.  I want whatever God wants me to have when I get there as Jesus died for it.

Sweet Home

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever. Revelation 22:3-5

Family Worship

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. Revelation 3:12

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  272
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,314
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi bopeep1909,

`For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have  building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven, if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked. For we who are in this tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.` (2 Cor. 5: 1 - 4)

To me nothing is greater than to `be partakers of the divine nature,...` to be like Jesus. (2 Peter 1: 4)

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

There are things in Heaven I have not seen for God has never opened up the Heavens and shown them to me.

I will just be Blessed to see Jesus face to face.That is what I am awaiting.

Guest Thallasa

I'm sorry ,but I don't see it as material wealth as such ,as Jesus has told us His wealth is spiritual not carnal .I think that

those who only wish to continue  'lottery type dreams" ,are going to be very disappointed, and also  the idea of egotistical

individualism ,which comes from ownership of stuff, just for us as individuals will pass. . All will be shared ,as lustfulness will not be

allowed  .It is over personal ownership , that most sin is commited  ,most vlolence created .

We will leave our personal 'egos' at the door of heaven,and we will all be One in Christ .

Another thing that  religious people never mention is that much of what Jesus promised has come to be .

"Man cannot dream etc ........ Our modern technology like the internet ,the machines which allow us to fly to distant places in short

periods of time,the variety of foods ,and so on .Our ease of life in this day and age compared with the past ,mdern medicine

and especially surgery ,these all all here already . I do not take it for granted as I am older and appreciate Our Lord's work

as it unfolds  For those with the right attitude  ,much of 'heaven' has already come to earth .