Anarchy?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,268
  • Content Per Day:  7.55
  • Days Won:  271

i don't think it is nearly as large as the media shows it.....    not to say that isn't disastrous if you own one of the businesses or buildings they burned down.  From what I watched last night one would think the whole city was coming apart, and that isn't the case from what I am hearing from other sources besides the mass media.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

As I was watching the footage, I couldn't help thinking that among those insane, rioting  animals there's a hundred thousand "baby daddies," not even a hundred real fathers.

As I was watching the footage, I couldn't help thinking that among those insane, rioting  animals there's a hundred thousand "baby daddies," not even a hundred real fathers.

Where did you see a hundred thousand....

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  903
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/03/1952

Sorry. Poetic license. But I'll bet the percentage is right.

Well I saw one real mama in the group.....    I feel kind of sorry for her young son for he will catch heck from all his friends for the rest of his life......   but if he's lucky it will change his attitude for the better.

A little perspective here....

According to the Baltimore Sun there were 15 buildings set on fire and about 125 cars.   This is a city that is about a hundred square miles and a population of 780,000 people.         They reported that seven police were injured and they made 202 arrests.

I watched CNN last night and didn't even see a street full of people around any of the things going on and most of those there were just standing around...  I guess the police didn't make appointments with CNN to witness those 202 arrests  (no wonder why).

This isn't nearly the big deal that people are making out of it, but for some reason it's being made a big deal of by the main stream media that most of you don't trust to give you the correct time of day most of the time.....

So what's the agenda here....   getting us to push national guard involvement in little things.....      there were thousands of people who gathered in Baltimore and marched and had their say and disbanded and went home......

A unusually small percent of those decided to be violent or loot CVS stores are probably the same people the police have to deal with every day; 202 of them went to jail.

Something is way way out of proportion here.   I have spent years sorting through conspiracy crap to try and understand truths about history and governments, and what I see on the news just stinks to high heaven from one end to the other.

I can tell you one small piece of important that I ran across today.......    the Mayor was thanking different groups of people for helping the police during the night, and one of the groups was the Nation of Islam......    when I checked on it I found photos of two sects of gangs and several Nation of Islam people in their usual suits and red bow ties.   The gangs were giving their hand signs and the Nation of Islam people were signing the ISIS finger thing....   telling me that it is more than possible that the  Nation of Islam people are going to back ISIS when 0 hour comes.    I am so glad that I don't live anywhere around D.C.    If I did I would move.   Don't think I want to even vacation around there any longer.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

The number of people peacefully protesting far outweigh the much smaller number of people who engaged in violence.

I don't support violence like what happened in any way... I do however, have to try understand how bad things would have to be for things to get that bad.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dandiamond/2015/04/28/why-baltimore-burned/

Forbes took a look at some numbers, and the zip code where the the riots broke out have a third of the population below the poverty line and and food stamps. In Baltimore less than 60% of high school students graduate, infant mortality on par with Belize and Moldova, and broken families.

Notice how riots only break out in neighbourhoods where there are high rates of education, higher median income, low rates of poverty and unemployment, etc, only break out when someone wins or loses a sports game, or there is a pumpkin festival.

I mean, one person who is fed, clothed, had a good job, a good education, good parents, a good house, and so forth, that person probably isn't going to go burn stuff down or smash stuff.

If someone has a poor education, no job, is in terrible poverty, has a broken family, has any previous criminal activity on their record, has experienced or knows someone else who has experienced police brutality, I have no doubt they are much more likely to march in the streets.

Baltimore has lost or settled over 100 cases of police brutality since 2011. But those are only the ones that have been brought to court in one way or another. Such statistics, or such a consistent use of force would be absolutely unconscionable where I live.

http://www.vox.com/2015/4/28/8508125/baltimore-police-brutality

Perhaps if we want to look at how to stop the symptoms, we need to look at the disease.

Guest shiloh357

Those people living in poverty have only themselves to blame.  They have the same opportunities that the rest of us have.  There are many stories about blacks who were born in poverty but pulled themselves up, took pride in themselves and became doctors, lawyers, business owners, etc.

So don't try spew the silly liberal line about poverty being the cause of all of this....   It's just nonsense.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Those people living in poverty have only themselves to blame.  They have the same opportunities that the rest of us have.  There are many stories about blacks who were born in poverty but pulled themselves up, took pride in themselves and became doctors, lawyers, business owners, etc.

So don't try spew the silly liberal line about poverty being the cause of all of this....   It's just nonsense.

My husband was born and raised in poverty. He recalls getting govt commodities as a kid. Getting clothes given to him from various charities. He lived in the 19th poorest county in the nation. In an area with an unemployment rate that never dipped below 50%. 

His parents instilled a work ethic in him and his 4 brothers and sisters. Every one of them was told to work even if it was just flipping hamburgers. He and his siblings all went to college, all got degrees, all got good jobs. Pharmacist, business administration, physicians assistant, urban planner etc. All good jobs. They all worked hard and got out of that life of poverty. It can be done without resorting to riots etc. They can get out of that life.