*Zion*

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,254
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

do you remember the Tulsa Oklahoma riots.......     look it up...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

So, the current racial makeup of the police department does not match the current racial makeup of the community. Are you proposing the every 10 years, the racial makeup of civil servants must be adjusted to match the community? Are they required to fire white officers to adjust the white to black ratio? I guess we don't care about rewarding those with seniority or dedicated service.

You seem to have missed the point.  Do you have statistics to show that over the years the racial composition of the Ferguson (or any) police force reflected that of the community (gradually but systematically)?  If not, then I have made my point. 

It is not a question of firing white officers but re-assigning them to non-black communities, and for policing black communties the ratio should have been 70% black to 30% white.  Then the issue of discrimination and racism could not be brought up.

I'll restate what Ayin said. There is no reassignment. Ferguson is a city. There is no other city that Ferguson could re-assign the officers to. Ferguson would have to fire the officers, and then the officers would have to apply for jobs in other cities. They would be new hires in their new jobs, with no seniority, losing benefits, salary, vacation, vestment in the new cities retirement system. The officers would have to start over, but with a blemish on their record because they had been laid off or fired.  

In my view, firing or laying off an officer due to his race is racist. I do believe that is against the law.   

• Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70

if you are a criminal what difference does it make if the cop arresting you is white, black, yellow or red???

More than that, why should I care?

You should care because the issue has come to the forefront and white policing of black citizens has led to very serious disturbances and deaths, and in many cases police brutality and discriminatory practices. 

Knowing that this was problematic years and years ago, the cities did next to nothing to address this issue.  As far as blacks are concerned any policing by whites is automatically discriminatory and racist a la Ferguson and many other cities (even if the officer did nothing wrong).  

We coud generate a list of such incidents where blacks have blamed white cops for brutality and illegal actions against them.  It is all a matter of perception, but in many cases it is a fact.  I guess you don't remember the Rodney King Riots.  Look it up.

If the perception of the black communities is that white cops are guilty of racism, even when they are not, then that is a case of black on white racism. Denying a person a job based on race is racism. Laying off people, based on race is racism.  

So, should whites hold demonstrations and riots because the black community is racist and does not treat white cops the same as black cops? The whole point of fighting racism is that no matter what your skin color is, you are to be treated equally, with dignity? How can that be achieved if the recommended means is to fire one particular race because it isn't the same as yours. Actually, another name for that is segregation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Content Count:  432
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/26/1962

Racism doesn't exist.  It's an illusion created by media to manipulate and control our emotions.

I really don't see how you can say that.  You can make the point that the media hypes it, fans its flames and blows it out of proportion if you want, but to say it doesn't exist is crazy.  I've seen plenty of it first hand myself.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

Like it or not, we see the manifestation of racism.  What this thread is about is the levels of racism, if any (as there shouldn't be any at all) IN THE CHURCH.  God addressed this very issue with Peter and with Paul, and we should follow their example in being all things to all men; embracing one another without prejudice.  So many people feel at liberty and entitled to pre-judge.  Well:

Matthew 7:1-3

Judge not, that ye be not judged.

For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

I believe the way we will be judged is by God ultimately, as He is the Great Judge.  And I guess it means that people who love to notice stuff to judge others with usually have a much bigger problem than those they are judging.  Which if you think about it.......... nailed it.

How much more if the person is gonna prejudge you even before they say one word to you, based on the pigmentation of your skin?  

Let's be the example to follow, Church.  Don't let the enemy sow this in our hearts.  Let us truly love and show love to one another and the rest of the world.  

1 John 4:20-21

20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

21 And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

Love you guys.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Racism doesn't exist.  It's an illusion created by media to manipulate and control our emotions.

I really don't see how you can say that.  You can make the point that the media hypes it, fans its flames and blows it out of proportion if you want, but to say it doesn't exist is crazy.  I've seen plenty of it first hand myself.

Sir? Is there more than one race on earth?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,245
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Birthday:  05/11/1984

I like your thinking, Matthew!  :thumbsup:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Like we are trying to say, if the only race is the human race, then racism does not exist.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Like we are trying to say, if the only race is the human race, then racism does not exist.

Well Sir? If there is but one race, the human race, then literally racism cannot exist. That would require more than one race to be real.

So what we have is a fabrication taught among the masses with skin colors of different tones, falsely giving us all a reason to be prejudiced against the other.

It has become such a wide-spread and accepted delusion, that the only remedy is "education". To educate in truth, one must first realize the facts. THEN, wisdom can be found.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Yes, that would be a superficial form of judgment.  Someone that has a particular preference for the attractiveness and body shape of another person is using superficial judgment against anyone that doesn't meet their preferences.

Then there's bigotry, this is more about pride - "arrogance" that they are somehow superior to other people based off their own criteria for what makes them "better" people.  They believe that everyone else is inferior to them because people don't meet their self imposed standards.

When you combine superficial judgment and bigotry and use it against people, you are actually elevating yourself to a godlike status against the "poor, stupid, unwashed, inferior masses."

"Racism" is self worship, "racism" is idolatry.  So, like I said, racism doesn't exist, but idolatry does. 

We are witnessing what secular humanism has led to, it isn't the "utopia" that people expected it to be.  We have little demigods running around and treating one another poorly.  It will get worse, because the progressives will never stop pursuing their dream of utopia, nor will they admit that their "bold" ideas are the oldest lie in the Book:

Gen 3:4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes will be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.