• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/05/1965

i accepted the Lord when i was young too. and then with a lot of terrible stuff happening i turned into the ultimate depressed and violent teenager you ever seen and that folowed me into my adult life. when i was 22 i was a victim of a crime and quit drinkig and drugging and focused on A.A. first then in church . i did all right from 87 to 97. when i met my ex hubby i started drinking and drugging again  and then in 05 i quit when we broke up . and then in 10 i threw my bi polar pills away and started doing  coke and ex(casy) again it didnt take long for my life to spiral out of control again . so now im 5 yrs sober n str8 and i am living the good life with the Lord. and you know what , i couldnt be happier

Edited by bubbles baloo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,269
  • Content Per Day:  1.24

It takes a lot to come and share.

Thank you, all those who shared.

Praise the Lord!

God came for those in need of a physician,

If God came only for perfect people, who would come?

to help, to heal, the hurt, the infirm, the widows, the orphans,the confused, the lost?

Matthew 9:12

Mark 2:17

Luke 5:32

"30The Pharisees and their scribes began grumbling at His disciples, saying, "Why do you eat and drink with the tax collectors and sinners?" 31And Jesus answered and said to them, "It is not those who are well who need a physician, but those who are sick. 32"I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance.

Exodus 14:14 The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.”

God is so Good, gentle and so loving,

He takes what is broken and gently, patiently, comes to salvage, restore and bring back into His wholeness. Amen!

The Lord convicts the hearts of those who are His.

He gives all a chance to find Him and let go of self and let God do His good , healing work in us, in our hearts.

To question if you have a reprobate mind, I think is very healthy.

Your conscience is making you reflect on your life

and the consequence of your actions.

I have asked this question to myself many times all through my life.

Wondering if God really loves me, could he possibly ? or am I one of those going to hell.

I have asked God this and have asked Him if no matter what I do, will I still be doomed to hell?

God as showed me so many times, how He has been there for me, how He has already protected me, comforted me, healed me,

why would He stop now, as He has done already so much in my life to prove to me His presence and reality.

The mind likes to play trick in us.

Its the enemies only way of entry into us.

Through our minds it comes and tries to throw seed of doubt

If we are not careful, like Adam and Eve, we can get taken in.

With the reprobate mind, from what I understand, it is someone who has fallen so much into doubts that his mind has become so muddled, so confused,so absent of faith, that it becomes locked into the lie of satan.

I'd still like to believe that Saul, Nietzsche, Hitler would still have had a chance of repenting and finding God, even at the end of their lives before dying.

Some don't think so,

but to me and the God that I have come to know, I think, that yes, He would have forgiven them had they come into true repentance, true regret for their actions of unbelief.

But when the mind and then the heart become so seared, reprobate, through the actions of falling deeper and deeper into sins pit, it may not be possible.

Only through Gods help does it become possible.

Overcoming sin?

There is a saying:

The less you do

The more He does.

Like struggling in quicksand,

The more you struggle to get yourself out,

the more you sink.

The more you keep still;

the less you sink.

The more you let God take control

The more He can help you

Job 6:24 “Teach me, and I will be silent; make me understand how I have gone astray. 

Psalm 23:1-6 A Psalm of David. The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. ... 

Psalm 91:1-16 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord,

“My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.

He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler.

You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, ...

1 Peter 3:4 But let your adorning be the hidden person of the heart with the imperishable beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit,

which in God's sight is very precious. 

Lamentations 3:24-26 “The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.” The Lord is good to those who wait for him, 

to the soul who seeks him. It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. 

Isaiah 41:10-13  

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Behold, all who are incensed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; those who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish. 

You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them; those who war against you shall be as nothing at all. For I, 

the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.” 

Jeremiah 29:11For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 

Philippians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 

Isaiah 32:17 And the effect of righteousness will be peace, and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust forever. 

Psalm 1:1-6  

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; 

but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night.

He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers.

The wicked are not so, but are like chaff that the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,

nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous; ... 

"Be still and know"

Psalm 46:10

9He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two; He burns the chariots with fire

10"Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." 11The LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold. Selah.

Psalm 46:10“Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!”

Let go of self, place your trust in the Lord and let Him lead your path.

With all concerns like fears, anxieties, other concerns... someone put it once like this.:

Imagine you are in the boat from God, like the ark, a boat from God in which you are in.

This boat of God that you are in will protect to through all storms, all high waters, all seas, lakes and rivers...

In Gods boat you are always safe and in Gods care.

Have no fear or concerns, Gods boat that you are in will see you through and unto green pastures.

He is the captain of your ship and

Has come to keep you safe and anxious for nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

I'm really worried I'm reprobate....

People say there is no hope for people like me, I'm trying to repent and believe on Jesus but faith and conviction won't come. It's like my heart is hard to the gospel. Please please is there any hope for people like me?? I'm in torment every day. I regret so bad the stupid decisions I made over these last couple of years, I feel sick and terrible. I cry out to God for help but nothing happens!

If our eyes could be opened we would see that a terrible battle is going on in the world - between Christ and Satan, and that the name and reputation of God is at stake. Rev 14:7 the hour of God's judgement is on. God is on trial.

Is it about you and I, whether we'll be saved or not, or is it about the honor of God in the world? Never mind about our salvation anymore, God is to be glorified by a people who will stand up and be counted. How do they do it? By total surrender.

Jesus Christ overcame in the name of the Father, He was fully human and tempted like us, yet He did not yield to sin. the secret of His victory came by complete surrender to His Father, trust and faith in God to keep Him from error.

Now this victory is ours, by having faith in Christ to give us a victory which is humanly impossible.

God's name has been mud in this world because of sin and sinners, and Satan is happy. Who will allow God to give them complete victory over sin, so that the world has a witness for God? Or will the Christians of the world say with Satan -"it can't be done- God's laws cannot be obeyed" ?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

The good news, Steve, is that as long as you are calling out to Him and realize that you need Him..you are not reprobate.  Those who are hopeless don't caare and don't try to get to Him.  You'll make it; just keep talking to the Lord.  He hears you.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I'm really worried I'm reprobate. I was brought up in a Christian home and asked Jesus to save me when I was five cos I realised I was a hell deserving sinner. I've asked him to save me loads of times over my life. I always struggled with sin though and sometimes I would do it wilfully thinking it's ok God will forgive me.

Then a couple of years ago I was struggling with a lot of doubts about the faith and I kept falling into sin, one day I thought 'wouldn't it be great if it all didn't exist then I could sin as much as I want' and thought about certain sins, thinking 'how's that bad'? Basically excusing them. That night I did my bible readings and read some hard to understand passages in Leviticus and thought how could that be true?? And with that I rejected all I had believed. Then not long after about a week or so I read that people that stop believing are doomed to hell so this scared me loads and so I tried to start believing again but I couldn't, this carried on for a while. Then I became relaxed about the situation and thought God would bring me back in time. But then I fell headlong into sin usually excusing it or doing it in direct defiance to God. Thinking terrible thoughts like 'It's worth going to hell for sin' 'Gods sending me to hell might as well do what I want' 'humans are great. God won't be able to send them to hell' Then I realised how unsatisfied I was, especially with sin, it just seemed to loose its appeal. Then I realised that the only satisfaction is in Jesus and I couldn't be happy until i was sure I was going to heaven instead of trying to ignore it. And then I got all worried again. I then read those passages on reprobates and thought 'oh no that's me!' Because I chose sin over God and I realised my conscience seemed to have disappeared, I was no longer convicted of sin. I realised ever since I stopped I believing that my mind had changed. My ambitions had gone, love for my friends and family had gone, I'd turned very proud and selfish. People say there is no hope for people like me, I'm trying to repent and believe on Jesus but faith and conviction won't come. It's like my heart is hard to the gospel. Please please is there any hope for people like me?? I'm in torment every day. I regret so bad the stupid decisions I made over these last couple of years, I feel sick and terrible. I cry out to God for help but nothing happens!

Dear brother,  Jesus paid for your sin and you accepted His payment.  I think you just need to get back in the Word, fellowship with other Christians, pray for God to help you turn away from your sins, and KNOW that you are His child and He loves you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  141
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/02/1974

I'm really worried I'm reprobate. I was brought up in a Christian home and asked Jesus to save me when I was five cos I realised I was a hell deserving sinner. I've asked him to save me loads of times over my life. I always struggled with sin though and sometimes I would do it wilfully thinking it's ok God will forgive me.

Then a couple of years ago I was struggling with a lot of doubts about the faith and I kept falling into sin, one day I thought 'wouldn't it be great if it all didn't exist then I could sin as much as I want' and thought about certain sins, thinking 'how's that bad'? Basically excusing them. That night I did my bible readings and read some hard to understand passages in Leviticus and thought how could that be true?? And with that I rejected all I had believed. Then not long after about a week or so I read that people that stop believing are doomed to hell so this scared me loads and so I tried to start believing again but I couldn't, this carried on for a while. Then I became relaxed about the situation and thought God would bring me back in time. But then I fell headlong into sin usually excusing it or doing it in direct defiance to God. Thinking terrible thoughts like 'It's worth going to hell for sin' 'Gods sending me to hell might as well do what I want' 'humans are great. God won't be able to send them to hell' Then I realised how unsatisfied I was, especially with sin, it just seemed to loose its appeal. Then I realised that the only satisfaction is in Jesus and I couldn't be happy until i was sure I was going to heaven instead of trying to ignore it. And then I got all worried again. I then read those passages on reprobates and thought 'oh no that's me!' Because I chose sin over God and I realised my conscience seemed to have disappeared, I was no longer convicted of sin. I realised ever since I stopped I believing that my mind had changed. My ambitions had gone, love for my friends and family had gone, I'd turned very proud and selfish. People say there is no hope for people like me, I'm trying to repent and believe on Jesus but faith and conviction won't come. It's like my heart is hard to the gospel. Please please is there any hope for people like me?? I'm in torment every day. I regret so bad the stupid decisions I made over these last couple of years, I feel sick and terrible. I cry out to God for help but nothing happens!

Steve, I'm not going to offer advice as to what you should do. The Lord is convicting you. You know what to do.

Like everyone else said...just be worried when the Lord stops convicting you. Only, be sure you do what He tells you to do.

If you want inspiration from the Word open your Book to Psalms. Just crack your Bible and flip through Psalms. Stop on one. There are so many Psalms dealing with your malady I have no doubt that the Lord will lead you to just the right one.

Peace, brother. I hope you find your way, truly.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

If you were a reprobate, you wouldn't even be here, nor would you open with, "I'm really worried I'm reprobate." I think you are being too hard on yourself and allowing your angst to spiral out of control. Simply receive the forgiveness that God is offering you through placing your faith and trust in Jesus, God's beloved Son, and begin to walk daily with Him, reading His word, laying down your doubts, and choosing to please God with your life. One day at a time. Let Him be your Father who loves and cares for you, and keep your eyes open to His favour in your life, where He will prove to you how special you are to Him. Before long, you will be able to rest in His care and stop with the obsessive compulsive kind of thinking.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

i don't believe any of us can answer that question for you.....    there are reprobates, but I have always been taught that they really don't care.

It may be that the Lord wants you to squirm around in it a bit to teach you a lesson....        change inside and just tell him that you are his no matter what and if he wants to toss you into the fire that you are his to toss...

If you were a reprobate, you wouldn't even be here, nor would you open with, "I'm really worried I'm reprobate." I think you are being too hard on yourself and allowing your angst to spiral out of control. Simply receive the forgiveness that God is offering you through placing your faith and trust in Jesus, God's beloved Son, and begin to walk daily with Him, reading His word, laying down your doubts, and choosing to please God with your life. One day at a time. Let Him be your Father who loves and cares for you, and keep your eyes open to His favour in your life, where He will prove to you how special you are to Him. Before long, you will be able to rest in His care and stop with the obsessive compulsive kind of thinking.

Agreed.  You would care less where you are going.  Reprobats are ones that will laugh in God's face and not think twice.  Fall before the Lord and cry out to Him, I believe He is more then ready to welcome you with open arms if you just give Him your life.  You know the difference from right and wrong.  You have to make the decision.  If you keep choosing sin that there will come a time you won't care, and that is your danger place.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Amen~!

Praying~!