bearing bad news

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Anyone ever been on the situation where u hear a Christian declaring some intention s they have not realising that they're actually going against scriptures and you find it hard to tell them so because its like telling a kid he can't ride his new Christmas bike

I don't mean well known things like lying or formication I mean not so well known things like...

1) a new convert who's holding out that they can convert their unsaved bf or gf even though in truth they should break up as they're being unequally yoked.

2) speaking to a divorcee who complains how miserable their marriage was and how much they want to get a new spouse and start over........ Which clearly violates Mark 10.11-12.

I've seen this a few times and its very uncomfortable because u can really sympathise with them.

How do u deal with that?

I take it you're speaking of a friend or friends of yours and not actually yourself?  In that case, you deal with it by minding your own business.  You simply can't get into others' lives to the point where you're trying to tell them what to do, who to date or who to talk to.  Unsolicited advice is pretty much always unwelcome advice.  You CAN, however, pray for them to go in the right direction. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Normally I say nothing. But one time either I had an insightful hunch or a Word of Knowledge, because I knew that an attractive divorsee had committed adultry following her divorse. She was brain injured, and when she spoke of remarriage the 3 rd person in our little bible study suggest that she look up some scriptures about remariage. I asked her if she was talking about the ones about not marrying a person who was an adulterer. I later learned that an older married man had taken advantage of her. I didn't know him and no one had told me about her situation.

My attitude was gravely concerned and pleading with her, knowing how easy it was for her to be tempted and deceived. I was never condemning. Perhaps the Lord knew that she needed it plainly explained to her by people who love her.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

I take it you're speaking of a friend or friends of yours and not actually yourself?  In that case, you deal with it by minding your own business.  You simply can't get into others' lives to the point where you're trying to tell them what to do, who to date or who to talk to.  Unsolicited advice is pretty much always unwelcome advice.  You CAN, however, pray for them to go in the right direction. 

I second this. I mean if you're life-long best buds or something similar, you can talk about anything. But if you aren't really tight with the guy? I'd take the above advise. ~ That's my vote and I may, or may not stick to it, lol.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  481
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/08/1959

Anyone ever been on the situation where u hear a Christian declaring some intention s they have not realising that they're actually going against scriptures and you find it hard to tell them so because its like telling a kid he can't ride his new Christmas bike

I don't mean well known things like lying or formication I mean not so well known things like...

1) a new convert who's holding out that they can convert their unsaved bf or gf even though in truth they should break up as they're being unequally yoked.

2) speaking to a divorcee who complains how miserable their marriage was and how much they want to get a new spouse and start over........ Which clearly violates Mark 10.11-12.

I've seen this a few times and its very uncomfortable because u can really sympathise with them.

How do u deal with that?

I'm kinda... wondering. Are you really talking about yourself, CM?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

How do u deal with that?

I begin by understanding that this dogmatic self-righteous approach to working with others is not my place. God did not promote me to police his people.

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

How do u deal with that?

I'm kinda... wondering. Are you really talking about yourself, CM?

im single and never been married so.... I dont mean myself