bearing bad news

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone ever been on the situation where u hear a Christian declaring some intention s they have not realising that they're actually going against scriptures and you find it hard to tell them so because its like telling a kid he can't ride his new Christmas bike

I don't mean well known things like lying or formication I mean not so well known things like...

1) a new convert who's holding out that they can convert their unsaved bf or gf even though in truth they should break up as they're being unequally yoked.

2) speaking to a divorcee who complains how miserable their marriage was and how much they want to get a new spouse and start over........ Which clearly violates Mark 10.11-12.

I've seen this a few times and its very uncomfortable because u can really sympathise with them.

How do u deal with that?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,265
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Anyone ever been on the situation where u hear a Christian declaring some intention s they have not realising that they're actually going against scriptures and you find it hard to tell them so because its like telling a kid he can't ride his new Christmas bike

I don't mean well known things like lying or formication I mean not so well known things like...

1) a new convert who's holding out that they can convert their unsaved bf or gf even though in truth they should break up as they're being unequally yoked.

2) speaking to a divorcee who complains how miserable their marriage was and how much they want to get a new spouse and start over........ Which clearly violates Mark 10.11-12.

I've seen this a few times and its very uncomfortable because u can really sympathise with them.

How do u deal with that?

very lovingly...       I'm not sure I am against holding out for some time to wait for a bf or gf to come to Jesus....   as long as they don't make it permanent.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

It is all a matter of how you present the truth to them.  If you come off as telling people what to do, often times you actually push them in the wrong direction.  Subtlety works best I find, let people come to the truth on their own and they are more likely to adhere to it.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

You need to present the truth to that person and then you have done what you need to do as a Christian.You can not change their heart only God can do that.They will be responsible for hearing the true Biblical word.Some people are resistant to the truth.

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

One could simply ask "Have you considered what Scripture has to say about your situation?  Why don't we talk a look at the Word of God?"  A lot of Christians do not really know what the Bible teaches about many things.

• Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Exactly Ezra, a subtle suggestion and a point in the right direction, then the person can come to the conclusion on their own and will more likely heed it.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.74
  • Days Won:  226

I am so very fussy about who teaches me the literal word of God.There are so many interpretations of the Bible out there as you can tell from all of the different responses on Worthy.Some of them are not biblical.A person's discernment has to be very sharp.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Here is my take on the matter. Sometimes it is best not to say anything at all. But pray that God shows them the way they should be going.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  55
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Here is my take on the matter. Sometimes it is best not to say anything at all. But pray that God shows them the way they should be going.

I agree Lady Kay, sometimes it's better not to say anything at all until the opportunity comes that you know it's the right time to bring something up--mean while you can pray~~

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  395
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  0

How do u deal with that?

Firstly, I am not sure there is anything to deal with here.

In the first case, why should someone break off their unconditional love for somebody who has not yet accepted Christ or God? Just because someone has not the Spirit of truth (Holy Spirit) in them does not mean that their spiritual self does not deserve unconditional love.

In the second case, the divorcee sounds like the one who got divorced, not the one who divorced. If this is correct, then that person is not subject to violate the Scripture on their own behalf.