65Michael

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Jesus said: I am the way, the truth, and the light.

What is the way? What does Jesus mean? Are we to search for the truth? I know that the more you know the less likely you are to be fooled. I have been told that Jesus was among the most learned at age 12. I can't say Quote because I don't know for sure but this or a passage like this is in the Bible. So is this what Jesus ment?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Exactly what you said. The truth is there if you look for it but only if you do it with an open and humble mind.

Many Christians are afraid to look for the truth. It's okay though, they don't need to look for it - they already have it. But for others, they will find the truth if they do it without a hardened heart.

Jesus comes to those who look for him. There is only one road to salvation among many other roads that lead to death. If you want to find the right road (the only way) let Jesus be your guide.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

The way--Jesus is the only way to be forgiven, the only way to come to the Father God, and the only way to heaven.

The way to become a Christian is to turn away from our sinful lives and turn to Jesus for forgiiveness. He died to pay for our sins with His blood. He took our sins on Himself on the cross, and give His perfect life to be placed on our record. So He took our place and took our punishment.

The truth--the truth is only found in Jesus Christ. No other religion presents the truth. Our God is not a man that he should lie. Jesus said that satan is the father of lies.

The life--Eternal life and forgiveness is found only through Jesus. He is our Creator and the source of life. Col. 1:15-16 John 5:21 NKJV For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.

The passage about Jesus listening to His teachers and asking quesions when He was 12 was in Luke 2:41-50. v.47 And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers.

When we receive Jesus' forgiveness and choose to follow Him as our Savior, and acknowledge Him as Lord over our lives, He gives us His Holy Spirit to help us understand the Bible, to guide us and comfort us in this life. He also puts His seal, His mark of ownership on us, as a down payment on our going to heaven.

The

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Jesus is the way to heaven.  Jesus is the Word, and the Word of God is truth, so believe what He said.  Jesus is the life, because He is the only means by which people can obtain eternal life.

The way--Jesus is the only way to be forgiven, the only way to come to the Father God, and the only way to heaven.

The way to become a Christian is to turn away from our sinful lives and turn to Jesus for forgiiveness. He died to pay for our sins with His blood. He took our sins on Himself on the cross, and give His perfect life to be placed on our record. So He took our place and took our punishment.

The truth--the truth is only found in Jesus Christ. No other religion presents the truth. Our God is not a man that he should lie. Jesus said that satan is the father of lies.

The life--Eternal life and forgiveness is found only through Jesus. He is our Creator and the source of life. Col. 1:15-16 John 5:21 NKJV For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will.

The passage about Jesus listening to His teachers and asking quesions when He was 12 was in Luke 2:41-50. v.47 And all who heard Him were astonished at His understanding and answers.

When we receive Jesus' forgiveness and choose to follow Him as our Savior, and acknowledge Him as Lord over our lives, He gives us His Holy Spirit to help us understand the Bible, to guide us and comfort us in this life. He also puts His seal, His mark of ownership on us, as a down payment on our going to heaven.

The

Thank you for your answer. Everyone here that is a Christian knows the Bible teaches us the truth about God and Jesus. My question is more about the truth of the world we live in. Are we as Christians responsible to learn more then just the truth about God. Jesus learned from mankind about mankind. I'm sure he learned a lot. Are we to learn this too?

Edited by Omegaman
fixed a problem with the quote feature syntax

The

Thank you for your answer. I like you am a Christian. What you have said is true and very important. I am trying to find out if we are to learn more then just the truth about God. Jesus did this so as Christians are we to follow his lead?

Exactly what you said. The truth is there if you look for it but only if you do it with an open and humble mind.

Many Christians are afraid to look for the truth. It's okay though, they don't need to look for it - they already have it. But for others, they will find the truth if they do it without a hardened heart.

Jesus comes to those who look for him. There is only one road to salvation among many other roads that lead to death. If you want to find the right road (the only way) let Jesus be your guide.

Thank you for your answer. I agree with your first paragraph. I'm not so sure about the second. Jesus is our leader!!! I think it might be our responsibility to follow his lead.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Michael, what is the truth? Who do you believe Jesus is?

• Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,247
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

There is much truth in the Bible. I believe that the Bible is "God breathed", and God's Word. So a good place to search for wisdom and truth might be to start in Proverbs. The whole Bible tells us more about God, how He interacts with people, what His personality is like such as slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. Jesus had written the Bible with the Holy Spirit so He knew and understood it better than his teachers. He understood the true meaning.

I am so not sure that it was speaking of what the world considers knowledge as being truth. But I do love to learn and our kids have called me a nerd. lol They love to give me a bad time.

There is much truth in the Bible. I believe that the Bible is "God breathed", and God's Word. So a good place to search for wisdom and truth might be to start in Proverbs. The whole Bible tells us more about God, how He interacts with people, what His personality is like such as slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love. Jesus had written the Bible with the Holy Spirit so He knew and understood it better than his teachers. He understood the true meaning.

I am so not sure that it was speaking of what the world considers knowledge as being truth. But I do love to learn and our kids have called me a nerd. lol They love to give me a bad time.

I like that you love to learn!!! For me it is difficult to learn from book. I have Dyslexia. Math is pretty tough when you can't memorize the formulas. Any language even English is very hard. I couldn't communicate online without spell check. I have genius level IQ. Probably much higher then I test to have. Most all people who have my IQ and much lower can read 75 to 150 pages an hour. I can only read 28 to 32 pages an hour. I have to read each word 3 times or do any math problem the same way. I learn very fast from modeling. God has taught me much from life experiences. Well keep on learning and I'll keep on trying to too. God blessings Edited by 65Michael